News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dano

dano Profile Photo
Member Name: dano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm really old (55), married, 2 kids, living in the West suburbs of Chicago. I LOVE musical Theatre.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows with Jumps from Act 1 to Act 2
 Mar 13 2007, 11:21:18 AM
Sunday in the Park with George
First show EVER
 Feb 23 2007, 12:20:18 PM
The first show I actually saw on Broadway (as opposed to touring or ametuer production) was Deathtrap. We had a choice between that and Barnum, I think. Deathtrap was wonderful!
re: if you know a lot about musicals...
 Feb 23 2007, 12:17:16 PM
Check out Li'l Abner. LOTS of characters, plenty of ensemble numbers. A really fun show, also.
re: Jersey Boys - OK for children?
 Feb 8 2007, 12:45:35 PM
Thanks everyone.

They can probable handle the "F" bomb (they know its a bad word, no idea what it means), but can anyone give me some specifics about the "sexual situation" in the show?

Jersey Boys - OK for children?
 Feb 8 2007, 10:45:50 AM
Jersey Boys is coming to town. Can I bring my 10-year-old twins? They have seen lots of theatre, both professional and amateur. I've seen one warning that says "not appropriate for children 13 and under", and another that says "not appropriate for children 7 and under". What exactly is not appropriate in the show? Language? Content? Sexual references? How inappropriate is it?
re: Rare Cast Recordings Not on Amazon or Footlight
 May 8 2006, 02:05:07 PM
I always check the used CD shops. I got Annie Warbucks there, among others.
re: Cast the Current Idols
 Apr 21 2006, 09:33:23 AM
Kellie Pickler would be a wonderful Ado Annie.
re: Most Complicated Song
 Apr 4 2006, 12:08:15 PM
I have to say "Complicated" by Weird Al Yankovic. (For those few of you who know the song).

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

re: Songs with colors in the title?
 Mar 7 2006, 10:44:09 AM
"Mood Indigo" - Sophisticated Ladies

re: How calm is the lee of Cuttyhunk? (A New Brain)
 Mar 7 2006, 10:38:42 AM
This is one of those shows I could listen to over and over.

Didn't see the original production, but saw a community theatre group do a FANTASTIC production of it a few years ago. I think there were only 9 people in the cast. This show is on my list of "must do before I die".

re: Big
 Mar 7 2006, 10:33:29 AM
I had the lead role a few years ago in a community theatre production. I had always loved the OBC and was thrilled to be cast in a role I had been longing to do.

True, the songs in the version that is available now are not as much fun as the songs in the OBC, but it was fun nonetheless (no pun intended).

I read Isenberg's book while we were rehearsing the show. I'd recommend it for anyone interested in the process of creating a Broadway show.

Big should be revive

re: Favorite Theatre Game?
 Feb 17 2006, 11:34:59 AM
Why is The Question Game my favorite?
re: ALMOST COMPLETELY unknown musicals?
 Feb 3 2006, 03:37:09 PM
DO BLACK PATENT LEATHER SHOES REALLY REFLECT UP? is fantastic, but not widely known outside Chicago (it seems).

Speaking of Catholic shows, anyone ever heard of a show called SAINTS ALIVE? It's about a Catholic guy who reaffirms his faith during a Mass when the Saints on the stained glass windows talk (and of course sing) to him. There are also some minor subplots involving various members of the congregation.

re: Funny Girl Fans Unite! [and Funny Lady]
 Dec 6 2005, 10:20:47 AM
"I taught her everything, how to dance and how to sing, I TAUGHT HER EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS!"

Played Eddie Ryan years ago. What a fun show.

re: LSOH on Family Guy
 Dec 2 2005, 09:42:59 AM
It. Was. Hilarious.
re: Spamalot Question
 Oct 28 2005, 10:12:36 AM
I saw it in Chicago. I thought the witch burning scene/song was extremely funny. Still can't see why it was cut.

(The cow song, though, was bad and needed to go.)

re: Tick, Tick... Boom and RENT
 Oct 10 2005, 09:43:37 AM
Although a few similarities exist, I find them to be very different. I am one of the people (in the minority?) who don't like the music of RENT all that much. Some of it is very good, but most of it goes by like elevator music. TTB, on the other hand, is something I could listen to over and over. Although the book is weak, the score is wonderful.
re: purlie at the goodman theatre chicago
 Sep 28 2005, 11:08:22 AM
I'm seeing it tomorrow...
re: First Broadway show Ever seen?
 Sep 1 2005, 09:28:22 AM
Deathtrap. I believe it was at the Music Box.
re: Any future for THE VISIT?
 Aug 30 2005, 09:38:38 AM
I saw it at the Goodman and thought it quite dull. I am a big Kander & Ebb fan, and was very disappointed in the music, except for a couple of numbers.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You