News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RainbowHigh2

RainbowHigh2 Profile Photo
Member Name: RainbowHigh2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Getting cheap tix to NY City Center's GYPSY?
 Jun 21 2007, 12:10:13 PM
I have an extra ticket for July 9, Row O that I'm willing to go for less than face value. I contacted CapnHook too late! PM or email.
re: NEW Hairspray Clip
 Jun 15 2007, 09:12:44 AM
Saw the commercial on TV last night. - John Travolta is hideous!. They should have hired Sweetie or Trai La Trash for the role.
re: Neil Patrick Harris to Replace Carpinello in Xanadu?
 Jun 14 2007, 03:14:42 PM
"I'd see it with him. In a second. Perez Hilton would have a field day with it though."

I'd pay to see Perez as one of the muses. Well, I'd probably try to get a discount off the $19.80 I paid at the box office for wearing my leg warmers.

re: BROADWAY BARES '07
 Jun 5 2007, 09:26:46 AM
Why bother? Just go see Naked Boys Singing - I hear they have a new cast. There's a discount code somewhere for $25 tickets, too.
re: Show Up At XANADU Box Office In Skates For $19.80 Tix
 May 11 2007, 02:27:51 PM
I found some old t shirts from 1984 - wonder if that would count.
I'm Alive!!!
 May 11 2007, 08:58:59 AM
"And while a lot of that gay campy humour reflected in the video clip ("I'm going to wear leg warmers and be Austrailian!") will make a lot of the people on this board squeal with laughter - I don't think tourists are going to get it. At all."

I got it and it made me not want to see the show. At first I thought, are we in for Starlight Express-lite? and thought about getting a ticket, but after that line I decided to hold off. And now Perez Hilton is being quoted on a Broadway marquee

re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
 May 4 2007, 09:18:37 AM
Since Broadway is on an American Idol kick, I would love to see Olivia Mojica from the second season as Mimi.
re: IN THE HEIGHTS Rush
 May 2 2007, 04:28:24 PM
Is the show big enough for a rush? Anyway, at Broadwaybox.com they have a nice discount.
re: The Jocker - does this advertising look familiar?
 Apr 27 2007, 03:05:22 PM
Yes, the Matthew Passion advertising. The description was very interesting and then the photos reminded me of the photo campaign for Matthew that got so much attention on these boards.
The Jocker - does this advertising look familiar?
 Apr 27 2007, 12:45:32 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17873
re: Sanders producing stage version of Willy Wonka
 Apr 27 2007, 09:42:03 AM
"Perhaps just maybe this could be an acid flashback and the idea came as a hallucination in the middle of some party at Avalon as a reaction to the pills Musto writes about in the same column."

Is Avalon as much fun as Limelight was back in the day? I didn't think you could hallucinate at Avalon as much as you used to.

Back on topic, though, I liked the trippy feel of the Willy Wonka movie from the 70s - the Tim Burton version was very creepy. I agree that it should be base

re: Is EVITA coming over the pond?
 Apr 25 2007, 03:21:14 PM
Hopefully there's a producer out there who will take into account the fact that:

1) Madonna was in the movie version - there are many, many children growing up with that DVD and they would beg their parents for tickets to see the real thing on Broadway; older people also love the movie and rent it alot on Netflix;

2) there are at least two generations of fans of the cast albums (with the Premiere American Recording being probably the most popular);

3) tourists would wo

re: Mama, I Want To Sing !
 Apr 24 2007, 06:10:37 PM
The song is driving me crazy now - I'm dying to hear it again. The show must have been awesome - too bad the parents were 1) too cheap and 2) too scared to take us to Harlem to see it!

A little OT - was "Maybe" from Annie ever used in a commercial for animal adoption? I was listening to it today and at the end of the song where she goes, "Won't you please come get your BAAAAY - beeee", I could picture the animals in the cages, and then when the orphans come in and sing "Maybe" at the

re: Mama, I Want To Sing !
 Apr 24 2007, 02:20:32 PM
We never saw the show but in 1984, us kids sang the commercial constantly. Is the cast album available?
re: Replacing mimi?
 Apr 23 2007, 12:30:36 PM
OMG Karmine is way too old - I saw her once last year and it looked so strange. She goes way back with Rent, which is probably why she's still there. I hope that the producers take a chance on a a sweet kid (18-30, total unknown) with enough talent to make her name with this role.
re: RENT Backstage?
 Apr 20 2007, 08:27:47 AM
I got to sign The Wall last year! It's hideous what they're doing to that old theater but interesting -I saw Alicia Keys signature there.
re: favorite female broadway singer
 Apr 12 2007, 03:52:09 PM
Patti Lupone

(but I can't leave out Barbara Streisand, and up and coming, Elizabeth Derosa)

re: GYPSY tickets on sale today at noon.
 Apr 9 2007, 12:20:06 PM
I swore it would be a quick sellout! I grabbed Row O center for the first preview - never been to City Center, so how good a seat is this? I might get another pair if the seats are better on another date.
re: Debbie Gibson Love
 Apr 8 2007, 10:32:01 PM
I was a fan back in the day so when I heard her voice in Les Mis, I kept thinking she was going to break into a "Whoah-oh / whoah-oh-oh!" at least once. I thought her performance was fine. The role doesn't really command an operatic voice, so I always thought that it basically could be played by any female pop singer - given that they do have some singing talent, mind you! I thought Debbie did fine, and it was nice to see that she fulfilled her dream when she finally got the role - she had sa
re: Rosario Dawson on Conan
 Apr 4 2007, 11:05:18 AM
Keep Rosario Dawson. When is Rose McGowan going to be on Broadway?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You