News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PalJoey

PalJoey Profile Photo
Member Name: PalJoey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Artificial Intelligence in the Theatre  Aug 28 2023, 04:28:40 AM

BroadwaysBroad said: "Hadestown, one of my favorite shows, is quite elementary in its lighting design and looks like what AI might “xerox” out."

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on BroadwayWorld--and I've seen a helluva lot of stupid things posted here. Bradley King won a goddamn Tony award for the lighting design of Hadestown, and his design was evocative and gorgeous. He also won for Natasha/Pierre.

You obvious

Follies: discovering it later  Mar 10 2023, 11:33:02 AM

The Ben I'll never be...who remembers him?

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall  Feb 11 2023, 09:31:28 AM

Impeach2017 said: "Her life has been a reflection of America from the sixties to now, and I love her. However, I would hate to be her editor!"

I believe her editor considered it a thrill and an honor, the happy culmination of a long and distinguished career. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 9 2022, 02:44:15 PM

This is shaping up to be a legendary cast. Anyone questioning Cynthia Erivo's acting ability obviously never saw the Color Purple. Either that or is a complete idiot with zero taste.

BOWEN YANG AND KEALA SETTLE, PEOPLE! (On top of everyone else!)

Fritz Holt  Dec 5 2022, 05:07:07 PM

I don't have a picture of him, but he was very kind to me when I was young, and I adored him.

Trying to find a  Sep 19 2022, 03:11:48 PM

Actually, I think Brenda Lee is who you're looking for.

Trying to find a "Hello Dolly" cover...  Sep 19 2022, 03:09:47 PM

Judy and Liza!

Trying to find a "Hello Dolly" cover...  Sep 19 2022, 03:01:55 PM

Kay Starr?

Trying to find a "Hello Dolly" cover...  Sep 19 2022, 02:59:05 PM

Julie London?

Trying to find a "Hello Dolly" cover...  Sep 19 2022, 02:51:35 PM

Ella?

FUNNY GIRL Adding  Sep 8 2022, 09:04:12 AM

I'd be tickled pink if they added THIS Fanny Brice song to the beginning of the "Sadie, Sadie" scene.

Follies: more on the London production  Sep 8 2022, 08:58:09 AM

As Mark Twain did (or did not) say, "The reports of my death are grossly exaggerated." I just came to bump this old Follies thread for a Twitter pal and today I'm just checking in on the Funny Girl and Into the Woods posts. Hope you're all well. And, as Alan Jay Lerner wrote, "Take care of this house."

Follies: more on the London production  Aug 31 2022, 08:47:31 PM

Hi, folks, we bring you, direct from Phoenix, live and in person...PALJOEY!

What show did Maltby Jr get that term  Feb 4 2022, 11:39:52 PM

You mean, when did you just make it up?

Question about Larry Kert and the original Company  Jan 23 2022, 10:57:19 PM

I was 14 when Company opened and quickly became obsessed by it. I ended up seeing it four times: once with Dean Jones and three times with Larry Kert.

The documentary about the making of the album is so powerful and moving, and no one who had ever seen the documentary but NOT the original production will believe me, but onstage Dean Jones was cold and withholding, to the point of being uninvolving. His "Being Alive" was, frankly, unmemorable.

Speaking as someone who sa

re: Dear Doxy (On the Sondheim 'Children and Art' 75th Birthday Concert)  Jan 5 2022, 11:17:50 AM

Here's the gorgeous "Weekend in the Country from that concert performed by a flawless sextet consisting of the late Rebecca Luker, Judy Kuhn, Michael Cerveris, Michele Pawk, John Dossett, and Hugh Panaro. The orchestra was led by Kevin Stites with a 75-person "Broadway Star Chorus."

La Cage Aux Folles 1987 Tour with Larry Kert and Harvey Evans  Dec 26 2021, 12:33:42 PM

Harvey and Larry are together again, singing "Song on the Sand."

Harvey Evans Love Thread  Dec 26 2021, 12:32:45 PM

Rest in peace, beautiful, wonderful, talented Harvey.

Company reviews  Dec 17 2021, 09:30:56 AM

ljay889 said: "An extremely extensive interview with Patti from the the Times. She reveals a letter Sondheim wrote her right before the pandemic where he finally complimented her as a singer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/11/style/patti-lupone-company-stephen-sondheim.html
"

“McHale’s, Charlie’s, Sam’s, Barrymore’s,” Ms. LuPone said, reeling off the names of bars that have closed.

Ahhhhhhh...I'll drink to them. And one for Charlie.

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Oct 23 2021, 02:45:21 PM

The end of that excellent Time magazine interview with Ariana and Rachel has Rachel giving us an exciting little spoiler that shows what Tony Kushner is bringing to the script. Rachel says that Tony gave Lieutenant Schrank a monologue at the beginning in which he says that with the construction of Lincoln Center forcing all of them out of their homes, the Jets and Sharks have more in common than they realize:

====

ZEGLER: In the beginning, there’s a great

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You