News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iminsidethemusic

iminsidethemusic Profile Photo
Member Name: iminsidethemusic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

boycotting non-equity tours.
 Jun 4 2004, 02:51:37 AM
I'd like to say first this whole thread is very interesting.

Now, about Equity versus non-Equity . . .

I live over 1300 miles from Broadway. And the area I live in Florida isn't exactly overtly cultural as far as shows go. We get what we get.

Quite frankly, (Going back to the Tour of Millie here) I saw Millie when it was in Clearwater (as close as it got to me) and I must say . . . the cast was fabulous. Equity or non-Equity (and again, I didn't know they were not Equity, I

re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
 Jun 4 2004, 02:36:33 AM
Well, Lily White, I can only hope you are right in that he will be fine before the summer engagements.

As for discussion . . . it still seems like other than your assurance here, nothing is being said ANYWHERE regarding this rumor either in the admittal or denail aspects.

Call me a concerned fan and friend of other very concerned fans . . .

Oh, and BTW . . . Vegas Lady . . . DEFINITELY nothing wrong with appreciating the WHOLE package!

re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
 Jun 1 2004, 05:59:37 AM
To answer Kec, my source was mostly rumor.

Hip surgury can take months to heal, as Baz mentioned. Knowing lots of people who are planning on attending concerts on the upcoming tour, I was trying to find out anything I could . . .

Certianly Michael deserves his privacy, but also fans who are planning on attending concerts also deserve some warning if they are going to be canceled?

Also I know a lot of his fans are just generally concerned by this rumor . . .

Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
 May 31 2004, 05:01:19 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Michael Ball had been hospitalized and had hip surgery. Anyone know how he's doing?

Thanks

re: What Makes You Love A Musical?
 Mar 26 2004, 03:45:30 AM
There's a lot of things about a musical that make me fall in love with it.

I'd probably have to say the number one thing is the music MUST hit a chord in me somewhere. I say this because I have been a fan of musical theater since I was about three or four years old, a good 21 years before I saw my first professional stage musical (Sorry, I'm not counting countless school musicals, or even ballets which number in the thousands.)

For so long, I only had the music itself, not the visu

re: re: How Many Times Have You Seen A Show
 Mar 26 2004, 03:28:46 AM
"Some of you need to expand your horizons. Seeing one show repeatedly and nothing else (or little else) doesn't really make you theatrically literate and makes me reading some of your posts carry so little weight now... "

Just because I've only seen "A few shows and one several times" doesn't necesarily make me theatre illiterate.

I don't live close enough to either Broadway or the West End to see a show every week like I would LOVE to be able to do.

I also do have my favori

re: How Many Times Have You Seen A Show More Than Once?
 Mar 25 2004, 07:08:14 AM
Well, I've only ever seen three shows, and only one of them actually *ON* Broadway, the other two were national tours.

But, of those three shows (Millie, Dance Of The Vampires, and Phantom) I've seen Phantom a grand total of eight times now and am hoping to make it a LOT more this December when the tour comes back to Florida *YIPEE!*

Also, Les Mis is coming my way in either May or June, and I would like to go see that as well, hopefully more than once.

As for paying full pri

re: re: re: Current POTO tour
 Mar 24 2004, 02:25:07 AM
" ohhh, that tour page. I was looking at the other one, y'know, the one with the whole cast listed. Well, we'll have to see what happens with this! how long was TMG's picture missing? "

I'm not quite sure, Bwaybabe. I only just noticed the other day after seeing that blurb in my paper. I hadn't realized Phantom was coming back to Florida QUITE that soon lol, thought I had another six months or so . . . so it was REAL good news, but . . . then the pic was gone, and after all, TMG *IS* my f

re: Current POTO tour
 Mar 23 2004, 01:43:48 AM
"The webmaster(s) over there are notorious for not double checking. For about a month, I believe the London cast of Les Miz had two Valjeans and two Eponines"

I'll cross my fingers that's all it is . . . it's just when I saw that I got a very bad feeling about it. Hopefully, his bio returns soon! Or there is some news.

*I'm Inside The Music*

re: re: re: re: re: Current POTO tour
 Mar 22 2004, 11:04:41 PM
I WISH I were confused on that Bwaybabe.

On the comings and goings page, he's still there.

But he's NOT here:

http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/musical/cast/castlist.cfm?Show=PO&Location=USTour

Which is the page with the cast autobiographies etc.

re: re: re: Current POTO tour
 Mar 22 2004, 04:02:30 PM
OOOOOkay, since I noticed people around here seem to hear things pretty early . . .

I was just on the official Phantom site and was looking for tour dates for later in the year because one of my local papers printed it was coming within 20 minutes of me around Christmastime. I looked at the tour cast page - and THERE WAS NO RAOUL LISTED!

Now, does any one know if maybe there's a cast change coming? Contract in negotiation? ANYTHING? HEEEEEELLLLPPPPP! And if Tim Martin Gleason *IS*

Re: The Tony!
 Mar 19 2004, 08:08:08 AM
Personally, I would choose Idina. Don't get me wrong, I love Kristen as Glinda, I think she's perfect for the role - but Idina as Elphaba made more of a shall we say, impact. Considering the fact that she's supposed to be "wicked" but I found myself identifying with her more than the "popular" good witch. Yes, yes, I know this was the point, what I'm saying is Idina pulled it off VERY well, so my vote (if I had one) goes to her
re: : re: Cd Player Music
 Mar 17 2004, 10:47:09 AM
Three disk changer:

Wicked Cast Recording
Phantom Of The Opera act One (My favorite boot actually)
The Rhythm Club demo (hey, gotta have my Inside The Music LOL!)

* I'm Inside The Music *

Current POTO tour?
 Mar 16 2004, 12:21:38 AM
Faith:

You got close to the best cast you could get IMHO! I LOVED Tim and Peter as the Phantom and Raoul respectively. I'd give anything to see it again with them

Although I bet they did better with Beth Southard as Christine

* Peter should BE Raoul FULL-TIME *

Kev, I'd agree but only if Tim was Phantom full time Peter is my second favorite Raoul after Ti

re: Current POTO tour?
 Mar 13 2004, 07:52:00 PM
Just curious...what sign do you think he is?

My guess was Leo on the Cancer cusp - Based on what I've seen onstage when he was the Phantom versus his persona at the Stage door (that guy has a beautiful blush)

Now, if someone would prove me right or wrong . . .

*I'm Inside The Music*

re: GREAT DUETS
 Mar 13 2004, 09:54:42 AM
Hmm, let's se.

For Good - Wicked
As Long As You're Mine - Wicked
Defying Gravity - Wicked
Point Of No Return - Phantom Of The Opera
All I Ask Of You - Phantom Of The Opera
Inside the Music - The Rhythm Club
They Taught Me Well - The Rhythm Club
Written In The Stars - Aida
Elaborate Lives - Aida
Enchantment Passing Through - Aida
Take Me As I Am - Jekyll And Hyde
Tonight - EFX
Vampires In Love - Dance Of The Vampires
Braver Than We Are - Dance Of The

re: re: re: Current POTO tour?
 Mar 13 2004, 08:04:16 AM
I saw the tour in Orlando this January, and the casts were almost all amazing. Gary Mauer was good if still a bit wary of the new role (I saw him a week after he took over.) Rebecca . . . well, one of the nights I saw her she was great but the other two . . . left a little to be desired. The tour has a great understudy Christine though - I saw Beth Southard and she was amazing, a very different Christine than I'd ever seen before. Tim was fabulous all three times I saw him (two as Raoul and once
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You