News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Miss B. L. T. Down

Miss B. L. T. Down Profile Photo
Member Name: Miss B. L. T. Down
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAVING IT ALL - best kept secret is opening in Los Angeles.
 Feb 20 2011, 07:25:09 AM
ooh I love Kim Huber. Saw her sing a kick ass Meadowlark once.
Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
 Feb 20 2011, 07:20:05 AM
Yay! *Happy Dance*
re: any musicals that would be better as PLAYS?
 May 23 2008, 01:30:10 PM
I'll probably tick off some people but Spelling Bee. The songs killed the action for me. I never made it all the way through the cast recording either.
re: Jen Paz & Eric Kunze reprise roles in Miss Saigon
 May 2 2008, 01:12:03 PM
Are you sure you aren't confusing Kevin with Francis Ruivivar who passed away several years ago? Also, Kunze was married to a former Kim alternate? Who? I know Peter Lockyer was but Kunze?
re: KERRY BUTLER NOT NOMINATED !?!?!?! Am I losing my mind?
 Apr 28 2008, 01:25:35 PM
I don't think Kerry Butler is as funny as she thinks she is. Maybe others felt the same way?
re: Best CHESS recording?
 Apr 26 2008, 06:37:51 PM
The Broadway version. Mullet-haired Elaine Paige is so shrill and shriekish on the London recording and let's face it, it's hard to imagine two men fighting over her. The believablity of that is tough to swallow.
I Believe My Own Eyes from Tommy
 Feb 28 2008, 10:26:43 PM
It's a beautiful song, but I was a bit confused when I recently attended a regional production of Tommy. I thought the song was about Tommy's parents coming together to reclaim their lives after deciding to institutionalize their son. Yet in the production I saw, Captain Walker storms out of the room at the end of the song leaving Mrs. Walker in tears. Was this a strange choice of direction, or have I misinterpreted the song all along? Thanks in advance.
re: An 'Astonishing' Performance
 Jan 22 2008, 07:52:21 PM
She bears a striking resemblance to Jodie Foster in looks and mannerisms.
re: New TLM Vids
 Jan 18 2008, 04:49:37 PM
Oy. They butchered the spelling of unfortunate.

re: Depp Wins Golden Globe
 Jan 13 2008, 10:33:57 PM
It's ridiculous to compare Depp to Madonna. Depp is a popular, well-liked, respected actor in the film community with two previous Oscar nominations to his credit. Madonna is none of those things and I do like her. LOL Evita was one of the few movies where she didn't receive universal pans for her acting, but she didn't receive across the board good reviews either. Also, neither Evita nor Dreamgirls were as critically acclaimed as Sweeney Todd so that comparison is unfair too.
re: Blood Brothers: Opinions?
 Jan 13 2008, 01:52:24 AM
Are you sure Shaun Cassidy was in the tour? I don't remember him being announced for the tour. I saw the show in Orange County with Petula and David but Shaun definitely wasn't in the cast there.

re: 'RENT' the movie..here we go again
 Dec 2 2007, 11:08:06 PM
My favorite part is when Anthony Rapp gets up from the floor with a dazed look at the end of Tango Maureen, and he shakes his repeatedly to let the 3 year olds watching know that it was all a dream.

And then there was Adam's Jon Bon Jovi cheesy 80s moment in the car scene in New Mexico.

re: Idina Menzel Myspace
 Nov 25 2007, 11:55:29 PM
Otherwise, not a fan. SHe's turned too "holywood"

She's become too religious?

re: ENCHANTED - references to classic disney animated musicals
 Nov 24 2007, 07:24:49 PM
Kristeliz, great list. Thanks. :)

Anyone know if Lea Salonga was asked to make a cameo? She did provide vocals for two recent Disney heroines so I was disappointed she wasn't included somehow. Maybe there was a schedule conflict.

re: Les Miserables Closing Night!
 Nov 19 2007, 04:28:20 PM
Poor Judy Kuhn. She rehearses for The Woman in White and the show closes before she gets to go on and now this...
re: Andrea McArdle:What's the deal?
 Oct 23 2007, 03:18:33 PM
"I read an interview or a comment once about how she had wanted to play Sally Bowles, but because she wasn't a TV/Film start they wouldn't let her do it on Broadway."

That's sad if it's true. How did Susan Egan get to play the role on Broadway then? Not bashing Susan (I love me some Susan Egan!!!!) but is she really more famous than Andrea?

re: Roger Bart Missing Performances of Young Frankenstein
 Oct 23 2007, 02:52:07 PM
I've only heard one person make that comment. Although I'm sure people will now examples of their friend's friend or their dentist's wife saying it too. Since sometimes people just repeat things they read online until it becomes popular opinion, I'm taking the "too young" comment with a grain of salt. I haven't seen the u/s in the role. Although I have seen Mullally in her role and have said she was matronly old for the role, but it's not like she'll be replaced. hehehe
re: Roger Bart Missing Performances of Young Frankenstein
 Oct 23 2007, 02:35:03 PM
The "looks young enough to be Mullally's son" stuff was just started by a disgruntled ATC poster.
Dick Van Dyke won Best Featured Actor for Bye Bye, Birdie
 Aug 21 2007, 04:28:26 PM
Yes I'm 40+ years behind the times, but I had no idea until I was browsing the Tony's website last night. How could they justify putting him in the featured category? Yeah, I know. It's all about billing but he is clearly lead. His win in that category is even more headscratching than Daisy Eagan's win for featured actress in 1991 when she was clearly lead.
re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
 Jul 28 2007, 04:49:39 PM
If she looked like Paris Hilton and had the same health problems she'd still have no problems getting a job.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Paris Hilton became famous because of her wealth. She would never have become famous for her looks...which could best be described as um....well....interesting. Being famous doesn't = being attractive. Paris is famous. That's all.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You