News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Spacedog78

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Member Name: Spacedog78
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GHOST on Tour opens tonight
 Jul 15 2014, 09:08:53 PM
Saw it in LA, hands down the worst show I have ever seen. What a waste of a somewhat decent score. The choreography was horrific, the acting sub par, and the book had so many flaws. Not to mention the over the top technical aspects. I understand it is a tech heavy show but can we at least pair it with a somewhat complete story. The audience laughed (spoiler if you haven't seen the movie) when Sam dies and at the very 'climatic' ending. Ode Mae thank you for saving Act 1 but I was so over you by
How'd they get that part?
 Jul 8 2014, 01:52:08 PM
No, I was lucky enough to see her live as well...
 Jul 8 2014, 01:49:26 PM
That's exactly RIGHT dramamama, that's why they are called opinions.
 Jul 8 2014, 01:47:31 PM
I wonder if she was having one of her "off" days when she recorded the cast cd
 Jul 8 2014, 01:40:25 PM
oops, thanks
 Jul 8 2014, 01:37:43 PM
In your opinion, who are the casting choices that make you think WTF? I wonder if at some point during the development of a show, does anyone ever sit back and say..."Maybe we picked the wrong person.." I have many in mind but there is one person who comes on my Broadway channel who just makes me cringe, Elena Roger. What were they thinking.

Who are your WTF casting opinions?

Movies that should be on Broadway
 Aug 11 2011, 10:29:42 AM
I am all for original musicals, but 99% of everything that hit the stage has been derived from either books, short stories, and movies, so nothing is truly original
Movies that should be on Broadway
 Aug 11 2011, 10:21:54 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but I think the film The Help would make a great musical
Song choices for first dance at Wedding
 Jan 18 2011, 07:55:04 PM
Hello

My partner and I are getting married in just under 2 months and we are trying to find the perfect broadway song to play as our first dance at our reception.

We are avid musical theatre fans and have an array of choices but can't seem to narrow it down. We are hoping to find a song we like that has been covered on another albume, for instance we were thinking of "A Little Bit In Love" from Wonderful town sung by Rebecca Luker.

Any other suggestions (other than A

When stage to screen is the topic
 Dec 3 2010, 11:09:44 AM
So with the latest news of N2N being made into a possible film, I think it is so funny that whenever a musical movie is in the talks, the list of casting ideas pours out and they are always the same!

Nicole (MY FACE DOESN'T MOVE) Kidman, Kate Winslet, Ewan Mcgregor, Renee Zellwiger, OF COURSE Ms. ZETA JONES..BLAH BLAH BLAH

Nicole Kidman and Lea Michelle as Diana and Natalie, is one of th e funniest suggestions I have ever read...I mean do they look like they are related?

next to normal tour anyone see it?
 Nov 29 2010, 11:36:29 AM
I saw the show twice in NYC with the original cast this past January and then again in LA this past Saturday and I have to say that the set looks fine. I sat in the U row of orch and the view was great.

Alice's voice is a lot stronger than I remember and her new take on Diana is fresh and funny, she was outstanding. In fact everyone's singing was outstanding, but the acting....a little "dolly-dinkle" school of acting for me.

Asa, although a strong singer, his acting was very

What the hell is Neil Patrick Harris doing to RENT?
 Jun 5 2010, 11:30:01 PM
My Oh My

Once again, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST NPH! Read the previous messages I have a problem with HIS casting decisions.

keatyjoe

I agree with you! I should care so much being that it is the bowl, but I just feel like they could have given work to so many broadway actors/actresses!

Jun 5 2010, 03:19:51 PM
husk_charmer

From your youtube link it seems the only one around here that has anything to do puppets is you, and yes i have seen all but two of the people listed. I have not see Antonio in Nine nor Clay in Spamalot. I did see Debbie in Beauty but not in Gypsy. And I am sorry but Harvey was good in Fiddler but I wouldn't say brilliant. Reba singing and acting techniques erks me!

Jun 5 2010, 12:26:55 PM
PiraguaGuy2

Reba McEntire in Annie Get Your Gun--- TERRIBLE
Antonio Banderas in Nine----ok
Harvey Fierstein in Fiddler on the Roof------UGH
Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast and Aida------HOREDNOUS
Fantasia in The Color Purple-----NOT BAD
Clay Aiken in Spamalot-------No IDEA
Melanie Griffith in Chicago----------DISASTROUS
Ana Gasteyer in Wicked--------BLAH
Deborah Gibson in Gypsy and Beauty and the Beast-------HAHAHAHA BAD BAD BAD

Jun 5 2010, 03:40:25 AM
jimmycurry01

I have attended several events at the bowl and was looking forward to this one until the casting came out. I could understand the crowds they are trying to attract like for their Grease sing along event, but RENT in concert seems to me to draw broadway fans who know and love the show, not your everyday bowl subscribers. don't get me wrong, i am no "reant head" if that's what they are even called, but I am a broadway fan who loves to see works put out with amazing casts. I

re: HAiR Remake?
 Jun 5 2010, 03:11:27 AM
I am sitting watching Hair on HBO and can not believe what a horrible job they did with this film. I truly feel if they re-made this film, keeping it true to the score and twists of reality like "Across the Universe" it could be amazing.
 Jun 5 2010, 03:06:59 AM
musicnerd234

Neil being in the show previously has nothing to do wih it

Lizzie

I do not plan to waste my time nor money.

Everyone pointing out money being a leading factor in the decisions has pretty much summed up my thought. Sacrificing art for the dollar is sad. A slightly talented tween star and a Pussycat doll. We should just have Madonna play Maureen and Cher play Mimi, and why not Tina Turner as Joanne. Now that would be a show and would rake in the bu

Jun 5 2010, 12:14:02 AM
i don't understand it! There are PLENTY of BROADWAY actors who have done and would to do those roles, and instead he is picking mainstream pop stars and Disney kids!! I think it is a poor decision on his part and am very disappointed!
Remember When Bernadette Peters Lost the Tony to Marissa Jaret Winokur...
 May 29 2010, 12:51:37 PM
I remember I laughed and clapped!!!
STAGE TUBE: NEXT TO NORMAL Performs on GMA!
 May 29 2010, 12:04:18 AM
kidbroadway2

and I respect that

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You