News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreGal614

TheatreGal614 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreGal614
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Beauty and The Beast National Tour!
 Mar 22 2008, 01:59:34 AM
.... yea, i was in a production of it and i must say, our transformation scene was better than some i've seen... but that doesn't matter bc if Beauty and the Beast went on tour, it would still be magical
re: Congrats Sutton! Sutton to star in Shrek!
 Feb 10 2008, 10:08:50 PM
at least she doesn't have to take on the role of a donkey

i wanna see THAT

re: RIP Jonathon-Rent lives on....
 Jan 26 2008, 02:09:28 AM
personally i luv RENT, it was my first show to see on broadway and it gave me shivers in that really good way

and i would honestly feel just fine about them naming a theatre after jonathan larson. why? bc RENT took off like a freakin' rocket, he won a pulitzer, and he wasn't around to witness it. I mean, c'mon. that sux

re: GAG ME WITH A RAZOR: Why I Hate Tim Burton's SWEENEY TODD
 Jan 26 2008, 01:59:58 AM
he's reacting as a corpse bc he is dead... in a way his life was taken away and it all went to hell.... he's stuck in his mind, in the past, and that's what he focuses on... revenge

i thought the movie was amazing... johnny and helena were brilliant. now unlike you, i am not going to write 2 pages worth of comments on why i think so, but i think the movie was handled very well and made a great MOVIE. You have a limited view of how the characters should be and how things should have been

re: Unintentional Prop Breaks
 Dec 30 2007, 02:34:48 PM
during a performance of RENT during la vie boheme, Maureen's (the actress's name slips my mind) mic went out and she had to lean in to joanne's to say her lines. the actresss playing joanne was completely confused of course and thought she was supposed to be pulling away. later, the maureen eventually had to get a hand-held mic to finish the song and she looked confused the entire time
re: It's Time for a Revival of...
 Dec 30 2007, 02:28:15 PM
RAGTIME

and no, it is never to early to revive JEKYLL & HYDE :)

re: What movie would make a GREAT musical?
 Dec 23 2007, 10:48:05 PM
Anastasia would be fantabulous

Ever After

Breakfast at Tiffany's could have been great if they hadn't butchered it the first time

re: '...The HELL?!' moments in productions
 Dec 6 2007, 08:33:31 PM
LOL Babes in Toyland

i was in a community theatre production of Taming of the Shrew, and time travellers came to help tell the story of a futuristic Petruchio and Kate... it was like Shakespeare on Acid... (in fact, my character did acid)

I have witnessed Footloose done with 40 yr olds as the kids

re: London To Broadway Transfer
 Dec 6 2007, 08:25:42 PM
HA HA HA

o thankyou

o that is wonderful

re: London To Broadway Transfer
 Dec 6 2007, 08:11:58 PM
MICHAEL BALL IS EDNA?

oh, you just made my day

I would love the chance to see Parade

Oh, let's just get this out of the way.
 Dec 6 2007, 08:07:34 PM
my most memorable is antonique smith and i kinda yelled at her "your AMAZIIING!" when she was right in front of me. i have no idea why i did this, i guess it was just so loud. but she was totally nice and didn't act like i was wierd at all, she just kinda laughed at me. after i finished talking to her i felt pretty much like an idiot though.
People here are weird.
 Dec 6 2007, 05:40:05 PM
ROFL

"ruining her reputation"

LBB is amazing, i don't walk out of the performance thinking "damn, the experience is ruined for me because of that one note". there's so much more to a performance than hitting a note (8 times a week). she could have allergies (seriously, the weather effects broadway actors too, they are human), it could be that she hasn't really taken a long amount of time off except to SING in a concert. Most lead actors that belt notes like that don't do the a

re: Leaglly Blonde Ensemble
 Dec 3 2007, 07:18:03 PM
i agree

the ensemble and leads are all amazing, they make the show

re: Best Theatre (house) on Broadway
 Dec 2 2007, 02:42:22 AM
LOL a huge barn so true
re: Best Theatre (house) on Broadway
 Dec 2 2007, 12:00:36 AM
i like the nederlander because it is so personal

plentitude of bathrooms? on the second floor, the bathrooms at Gershwin have three stalls. i almost cried while waiting in the hour long line

re: Who will be the next Mimi?
 Mar 30 2007, 10:57:53 AM
yea... was she any good? didn't get to see her
re: ANTONIQUE IS EXTENDING!!!
 Mar 29 2007, 12:13:25 PM
i'll see her the week before she leaves... i was told that since she came back, she was even better, so i'm getting excited
 Mar 29 2007, 12:06:55 PM
i actually haven't seen her since she came back, i saw her previously

i'm just not in NY very often so I always like to see new faces

i'm dying to see christopher j hanke tho

Mar 29 2007, 12:01:47 PM
NO!!!! I'm not saying she's horrible or anything but....

i want a different Mimi

Who will be the next Mimi?
 Mar 29 2007, 11:13:02 AM
I heard that Antonique is leaving April 8 and I have tickets to a show towards the end of April, so who am i gonna see as Mimi?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You