News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alextroy

Member Name: alextroy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rubin-Vega is HORRENDOUS as Fantine!
 Nov 27 2006, 01:41:14 PM
And finally... I have no problem being personally attacked on a message board... I just usually prefer it to be (a) intelligent and /or (b) relevant.

You failed on both fronts.

Ciao.

Nov 27 2006, 01:39:36 PM
Once message board topics deteriorate into sarcasm and the rehashing of outdated comedic material (chevy chase joke, was hilarious in 1977)... that is usually a good signal that any intelligent discussion about the original subject matter has ended.

I came on this board to discuss a performance I witnessed, which I did. I had no idea that people would be so offended by the word "horrendous," and no idea that people would go to such great lengths to justify its subsequent "censorship."

Nov 27 2006, 12:55:02 PM
Typos are typos, folks can hound on people's typing skills all they please... wonderful way of avoiding the substance of the argument.
 Nov 27 2006, 12:52:23 PM
"well that's why they're the moderators and you are not."

And? What a curious response. I wasn't questioning the moderators' role in running this site, I was questioning why it was necessary to edit the thread title.

And that was a dyanmite observation that DRV makes thousands of dollars a week (doubtful) acting in a Broadway show (which I do not). I'm not sure if your post was implying that I don't make "thousands a week" or that I am not in Les Mis... either way, it is c

Nov 27 2006, 11:43:54 AM
1) It's nice to see that open discussion is encouraged on this site by having moderators edit Thread titles at their leisure. I apologize to the community for using the word "horrendous" in the title of my thread, on a public message board, on-topic. What was I thinking?

2) Stagemom3 - that was me in the front mezz, row A - small world!

Rubins-Vega as Fantine!
 Nov 26 2006, 12:57:31 AM
I just came back from seeing the show this evening (11/25)... this was my 7th time since 1990, and I have to say that Daphne's performance as Fantine is so misscast (sp?), that it had people actually cringing in their seats and shaking their heads when she sang. No further exaggeration... during intermission, the SOLE topic of conversation heard wherever you turned was how bad she is in this role.

I have not seen her in other works, I don't doubt that she is talented, but oh so wrong

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You