News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for D2

D2 Profile Photo
Member Name: D2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

On The Twentieth Century Previews  Feb 22 2015, 09:25:19 PM
I'm sorry, but yes.
On The Twentieth Century Previews  Feb 22 2015, 09:09:50 PM
I was there this afternoon as well. James Moye, after a tentative beginning, was terrific; he sang it beautifully, and with more rehearsal could/would be a dynamite Oscar.

It's Kristin Chenoweth's show though, and she is absolutely brilliant. It's the perfect marriage of actress and role; she knows it and appears to be having a ball with it. Having seen the wonderful, if inconsistent, Madeline Kahn, I imagine Cheno's performance is what Hal Prince was hoping to get from Kahn and didn't.

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway  Feb 15 2015, 10:32:23 AM
I saw HONEYMOON IN VEGAS last night, and I was entertained from beginning to end. Brash, funny, silly, and old-fashioned in the best sense, it is a complete charmer.

Between this and ON THE TOWN – which I also loved – the Big Broadway Musical Style people around here are so nostalgic about and wishes they had seen is alive and there for everyone to experience.

Cheno and Gallagher sing I've Got It All  Jan 22 2015, 05:24:10 PM
I loved it, and you're right, Taz, the orchestra sounded much better than I expected.
Joanna Gleason winning Tony for  Jan 5 2015, 08:40:38 AM
Or it may have been that Gleason deserved the win?
I was told the Last Ship is closing in January  Dec 30 2014, 11:26:23 PM
And then there's this:
I was told the Last Ship is closing in January  Dec 30 2014, 08:04:31 PM
Will you please stop with this "curse of the theatre" crap? PLEASE!
I was told the Last Ship is closing in January  Dec 30 2014, 06:40:54 PM
Too bad. I saw it this afternoon and loved it. Great score, great performances.
Common restaurants to find Broadway performers?  Dec 27 2014, 02:15:53 PM
Posh
Why Into the Woods MATTERS  Dec 25 2014, 12:58:56 PM
I just saw it.

And I loved it, far more than any of the stage productions I've seen. Arguably, it works better as a film since now it is one seamless story with a clear beginning, middle and end. I can't wait to see it again.

And again.

And again.

Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Nov 13 2014, 09:51:25 AM
Someone wasn't cast in their high school production, and hasn't quite gotten over it yet.
THE REAL THING Reviews  Oct 31 2014, 03:58:01 PM
I'm with you, Auggie. I've never liked it, not the original or the revival in 2000.
do a lot of people underestimate the Lion King by thinking it's a kids show?  Oct 22 2014, 07:28:42 PM
"I think people are too busy falling asleep after the opening number to underestimate it."

I love you. I don't know you, but I love you.

Andy Karl, Mark Linn-Baker, Michael McGrath and Mary Louise Wilson Join Cast of ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY!  Oct 20 2014, 04:19:42 PM
I love this casting. Perfect from top to bottom, and in unexpected ways (at least for me, and at least in theory.)
ON THE TOWN Reviews  Oct 17 2014, 10:02:24 AM
I love that this production is getting the raves it's getting, AND I love PJs unbridled passion, excitement and joy about it.

We should all have this wonderful exuberance; that's what brought us here in the first place.

Was the Lauren Ambrose funny girl revival gonna be a flop?  Oct 12 2014, 10:01:17 AM
Molly Pope. 'nuff said.

Is Anyone Else Watching  Oct 12 2014, 08:53:01 AM
"Whether you liked the play or didn't is irrelevant. God bless PBS for bringing this to the TV screen. This is the kind of PBS I grew up on!"

^^^ THIS ^^^

I'm with PJ about THE NANCE, btw, but I'm thrilled PBS filmed and broadcast it. I'm also thrilled with the new "Theater Close Up" series showcasing off-Broadway plays they've created. Bringing less high-profile productions to a public that would NEVER get the chance to see these plays is a brilliant move, and very

Is THE LAST SHIP Closing?  Oct 4 2014, 07:39:26 PM
"Might we allow it to open before we have this conversation?"

Have you learned nothing in your 3+ years here on BWW?

Dr Zhivago  Sep 26 2014, 08:59:21 AM
It was a bore in La Jolla, too.

"Good Lord, is Wildhorn your Loretta Swit?"

I love you, Matt.

bad on paper worked on stage  Sep 25 2014, 10:08:34 AM
URINETOWN
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You