News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedrawbrt

Member Name: wickedrawbrt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Ten Commandments
 Sep 8 2004, 01:20:03 PM
I work at the film studio where they are rehearsing. Let me tell you that from what I've seen the comparisons to Carrie are not far off. It's big and full of europop songs. Mr. Kilmer's voice isn't...well...what it should be. But it doesn't sound too awful. I will still try to get free tix from one of the cast members i've been chatting up. Like someone said earlier, it will be like Carrie. In 15 years you can say you saw this bloated tragedy of a musical, and what's left of Mr. Kilmer's caree
re: Moulin Rouge, Newsies
 Aug 19 2004, 11:47:28 AM
Hello everyone, I remember reading that Moulin Rouge is going to be one of those shows to originate in Las Vegas. Mr. Luhrmann felt it might be too garrish for Broadway (as if anything could be). It seems they are trying to build a reputable theater community out there. What with bringing Avenue Q and keeping Chicago and Starlight for so long.

re: Mame in LA
 Jun 22 2004, 01:34:21 PM
That's fantastic casting, Joeyjo. I totally agree, but I also agree that she may be too old. Oh Well, she woulda been great.
re: Wonderful Town on Regis & Kelly---and a question...
 Jun 22 2004, 01:01:02 PM
Donna Murphey was excellent (of course). I'm not sure what the song was (not too familiar with Wonderful Town), but it was something about how to lose a man. There doesn't seem to be a reason or theme for the shows this week other than "Broadway Week."
re: Mame in LA
 Jun 22 2004, 12:58:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pattie LuPone as Mame and GLenn Close as Vera. It would never happen, but it would be a hoot.
Q
 Jun 22 2004, 12:57:32 PM
Boborunstheshow, Matt Stone and Trey Parker have already handled the Mormon religion on South Park. It was done with respect and humor. I think you should watch that episode before rushing to defend your faith against two men who clearly have a fondness for the Church of Latter Day Saints. It was also freakin' hilarious!
re: There is a god! Daily News 'Candide' review!
 Jun 7 2004, 02:55:14 PM
Kristin's show was shot here (I currently work for a film/tv studio) and I've heard her "real speaking voice" and she exaggerates it greatly. Much the way Fran Drescher does her accent. They both took years of speech and voice lessons to correct those "problems." I, for one, am getting a little tired of their excuses for using gimmicks. A talented lady need not rely on such pedestrian tactics.
re: What will close first?
 Jun 7 2004, 12:39:48 PM
Maybe I will look at it again. I really like Ms. Murphey (I have Passion on dvd and have worn it out), but that song just didn't grab me. However, I'm not above admitting I'm wrong.
re: What will close first?
 Jun 7 2004, 12:30:06 PM
I think Wonderful Town. I didn't see the show when I was there last year, but last night's performance didn't make me regret that decision.
re: a chorus line-movie
 Jun 7 2004, 12:27:27 PM
I love that movie, it's a scream. Audrey Landers is so horribly miscast and the music synthisized. All the heart and soul are completely drained. The Cassie is lifeless and boring. The one good thing...Terrence Mann. It's worth seeing if you want a case in how not to film a stage musical.
re: Donna
 Jun 7 2004, 12:18:17 PM
She must be getting it from Roz Russell. It's a posture she used quite often in her career. Lest we forget she originated this role. I'm guessing it's some sort of homage, I would hate to think she is doing a second rate imitation.
re: Mary J...The Goddess of the night!
 Jun 7 2004, 12:10:33 PM
Voiceanth aside, I like Mary J.. But I didn't care for her rendition of that song. I am not a fan of pop versions of Broadway songs. I will also say that I didn't care for Tony Bennett's "talk singing" either.
re: Best/Worst Broadway Album Covers
 Jun 4 2004, 05:50:48 PM
I don't hate the covers, I just don't think they are very creative. Maybe I expected something more gothic looking from Wicked, and the Taboo cover is just kinda boring.
re: Best/Worst Broadway Album Covers
 Jun 4 2004, 05:36:43 PM
I agree with those that said they liked A Little Night Music. Sweeney Todd, Company, A Chorus Line, original Chicago and Evita are great. I'm not fond of Wicked, Taboo, any of the Godspells, the new Starlight Express, Zanna Don't (but I never liked that musical anyway), and the worst of them all, imho, FOLLIES.
re: Nicole Needs Padding
 Jun 4 2004, 12:55:13 PM
Get the girl a Big Mac...stat!
DEBORAH COX IS A SUPERSTAR!!!
 Jun 4 2004, 11:27:08 AM
Sorry crp, I couldn't help myself. I'm happy to hear Ms. Cox is heading into the recording studio, I still listen to her "One Wish" cd over and over.
re: Deborah Cox doesn't do Tuesday eves or Weds MatineeDeborah Cox doesn't do Tuesday eves or Weds Matiness
 Jun 4 2004, 10:56:54 AM
Would she tour in a show? After all...isn't she a superstar?

Sorry couldn't resist. I don't think it's her though.

re: Jessica-Snow Wilson as Audrey? Opinions?
 Jun 3 2004, 07:45:14 PM
There is a thread about this already. It's under Audrey. There are a quite a few opinions being expressed there.
re: Kristin's age revealed in AP article shocker!
 Jun 3 2004, 07:40:45 PM
Well Zola...sounds like a party. Remember only hard enough to raise a welt, don't go crazy with it.
re: Kristin's age revealed in AP article shocker!
 Jun 3 2004, 07:30:05 PM
Maybe Mel G. will do a musical version of "The Passion of the Christ" and you can have all the "mild christian pleasure" you desire. Or you could just watch TBN.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You