News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cearsgk

Cearsgk Profile Photo
Member Name: Cearsgk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Daddy Long Legs  Jan 11 2014, 11:39:22 AM
It's one of the very best plays I've ever seen. It's so lovely, we went back 2 more times to see it again. It's a great story and the music is wonderful. It's done with one set, the library where Daddy is reading the letters, then moving around boxes and such to create other scenes. We went to see it since Joyce Kulhawik, the arts and entertainment anchor for CBS affiliate WBZ-TV News in Boston, raved about it, and I was glad to meet her later and tell her how right she was. I'd love to see
What Are Your Favorite 'Family Friendly' Musicals?  Nov 23 2013, 09:24:52 PM
True story: A town in NH thought Urinetown didn't seem family friendly, so they did Cabaret instead.
Do you avoid inane BroadwayWorld.com threads?  Aug 10 2013, 08:47:14 PM
What a frigging stereotype. I'm a senior with impeccable theater manners. Thanks a lot. Sheesh.
Cute little lyrics you love  Jun 21 2013, 11:55:01 AM
"Once my clothes were shabby
Tailors called me Cabbie
So I took a vow, said this bum'll be Beau Brummel"

Which show have you seen the most number of times?  May 30 2013, 10:18:04 AM
Broadway: Spring Awakening 10 times, because of the $35 stage seats.
Urinetown: 16+ regional, different productions, Boston area.
Smokey Joe's: maybe 20 different productions.
Also more than a few productions: Sweeney, Fantasticks, Christmas Carol, Xanadu, Gypsy, 3 Penny, Assassins, Wicked, Producers, Chicago.
Cats: As many times as we have grandkids, not my idea.
It's fun comparing different productions.

The Trip to Bountiful First Preview  Apr 22 2013, 06:14:45 PM
I was thinking some more about the criticism of Cuba Gooding Jr., who I don't particularly care about one way or another. But again referring to the movie, John Heard played Ludie and Ludie is a worn down kind of guy with the weight of the world on him. Could that be what you were seeing?
The Trip to Bountiful First Preview  Apr 21 2013, 12:22:13 PM
"On small final quibble: some of the moments where Carrie, IMO, should come off pathetic or desperate or tragic were being played for laughs (or were being perceived by the audience as funny). I think it's easier to fall back on a laugh, and certainly is more comfortable for the audience, but it takes away from the magnitude that this woman's desperation has reached.'

The overwhelming thing I came away with was the laughter. Is it intentional? Initially played that way or audience mot

HARDBODY to Close 4/13  Apr 8 2013, 08:47:02 PM
Recommendations please to replace my Sat night the 20th Hardbody tickets? Thanks!
Ron Raines for FOLLIES? Really?!  May 2 2012, 10:47:34 PM
I couldn't take my eyes off him and thought he was wonderful.
Daddy Long Legs  Mar 12 2012, 02:11:21 PM
Anyone seen Daddy Long Legs and think it should go to at least Off-Broadway? We saw it three times last week in Lowell, MA, and loved it so much. We see 60 plus Boston area plays a year and get to Broadway once or twice every year. I've never seen anything better, it's perfection, music, lyrics, book, the set, the orchestra, the singing, and the acting. I envy the folks getting to see it for the first time, all those delightful surprises! (I have nothing to do with the production.)
Tobias in Sweeney: Does He Need To Be Short?  Mar 6 2012, 12:21:51 PM
Mano Felciano is 5' 10". (He did it in a straitjacket!)

Threepenny Opera - Cumming and Lauper  Jan 19 2012, 11:40:11 AM
First time I ever saw Nellie McKay. Riveting.
Seating question - Marquis Theatre  Nov 8 2011, 12:38:33 PM
Close is great to see the costumes.
http://www.chicago.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?page=1&thread=1036688&boardid=0

Now Les Mis Starts on a Boat  Nov 8 2011, 10:03:40 AM
There is no context. And I can tp my own yard with playbills, thankyouverymuch. I like the comment; "Bringing new meaning to the phrase 'a three hour tour'." Silly works for me.

Now Les Mis Starts on a Boat  Nov 7 2011, 12:48:45 PM
Really. That was a surprise.
SONS OF THE PROPHET - LOVED IT!!!!  Oct 2 2011, 05:51:39 PM
I saw it in Boston. I'm 60. I liked it a whole lot.
Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....  Sep 2 2011, 10:24:07 AM
http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2011/09/02/arts_porgy_and_bess_has_spirit_and_heart/
Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....  Sep 1 2011, 04:50:27 PM
Fascinating stuff, FindingNamo! I am an enthusiastic and constant theater patron, but uneducated on how it all works. I've been aware of the controversy surrounding Paulus since the minute she got here, and wondered about it. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if all you say is true, and of course it's subjective, but it sure is very interesting!
Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....  Aug 31 2011, 09:32:54 AM
I totally agree with madison about Lewis and Grier. What stays with me about the show is Norm Lewis.
Good idea to get a bigger doll.
I'm glad I'm seeing it again next month.

Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....  Aug 31 2011, 09:27:24 AM
Somewhere I read "Summertime" was lowered only because it should be more of a lullaby and put the baby to sleep. I thought the real baby was very weird, she was so so young. Did she have ear plugs in?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You