News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WEDHEAD

WEDHEAD Profile Photo
Member Name: WEDHEAD
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Papermill stage door?
 Oct 23 2013, 11:36:59 AM
Going to see 'Honeymoon in Vegas' and I was just curious as to what the stage door is like. Do we know if this cast signs? Thanks!
'Cat' running time?
 Jan 31 2013, 02:56:49 PM
Thanks for the info!
'Cat' running time?
 Jan 31 2013, 11:50:29 AM
Does anyone also know if Scarlett signs non playbill items as well?
'Cat' running time?
 Jan 31 2013, 11:44:29 AM
Thank you!

'Cat' running time?
 Jan 31 2013, 11:42:58 AM
Does anyone know the exact running time of 'Cat on the Hot Tin Roof'? Thanks!
OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
 Jun 19 2012, 11:26:42 AM
For the movie, it's anyones guess what Mary's backstory is. In the show, she acts more like a mother figure to Sherri, taking her in and taking care of her. There's also backstory given about her lost love and the mistake she made by leaving him behind.
 Jun 17 2012, 10:03:04 PM
Yes, the movie takes itself way too seriously. That's the biggest difference between the stage and film versions. If the film was at least closer to the tone of the stage version, it would be more of a success. Still, if you view it on it's own without the stage show in mind it has its own charm.
 Jun 17 2012, 08:46:56 PM
Saw it again today and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around. It still doesn't compare to the show as the tone is completely different, but I do feel it's a sweet little film that is misunderstood. It's not the broadway Rock of Ages, but it's a harmless little film that is a good time if you just go with it. I really think it's going to gain it's own cult following over time.
 Jun 16 2012, 02:40:59 PM
Yes, exactlly. I thought he handled Hairspray much better. I enjoyed the movie and had a fun time. As you mentioned, those moments for Drew and Sherrie were just too serious in tone. I do agree that they did their best with what they were given, I just feel in another directors hands, the project could've been really solid. And Tom Cruise stole every scene.
 Jun 16 2012, 02:24:14 PM
I'll take 15 years too old if I'll get a better performance. Diego wasn't bad, I just think he needed some better direction. Most of my problems with the film version I feel are because of Adam Shankman's directing. I'm just not sure this was the right piece for him. I'm not even sure how much writing is actually from Chris... I don't think there were any lines carried over from the show. I could be wrong though. Again, I didn't hate the movie. I just feel very nit picky about it because of ho
 Jun 16 2012, 01:37:11 PM
From this review:

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_20848137?source=inthenews

"It only makes matters worse that Constantine Maroulis, who was indelible as Drew onstage, has a tiny cameo here. He's a reminder of what the movie is so palpably missing: the raw and unruly hunger that drives someone to bare their soul in the spotlight."

That review is pretty spot on I think. The lines are delivered too straight at times, particularly by Diego and Julianne. I never felt like they were in love with each other and fall to stripper and boy band singer didn't seem as strong as it should've been.

Jun 16 2012, 01:22:43 PM
Yeah, maybe 'grittier' isn't the right word lol. I guess, I always just envisioned a "Decline of Western Civilization" type of look with the musical numbers becoming like the music videos of the era. The movie isn't bad, but it definitely lost something in the translation.

Of course you will lose the live concert atmosphere and the narration by Lonny, but I thought that the movie should have at least been more aware of itself just as the musical is.

Jun 16 2012, 12:35:05 PM
You're right, Anthony. It definitely is all over the place and the voices are extremely poppy. Overall, I think they should have let Chris just write the entire script and find a better director.I just don't think Shankman is gritty enough for this stuff. I definitely had fun watching it, but it made me just want to go see the stage version again. My theatre was just about empty too.
 Jun 16 2012, 10:13:10 AM
Saw the movie and thought it was decent. Some bright moments, but overall it doesn't live up to the energy and charm of the stage show. There were too many unnecessary changes. The movie was not aware of itself, as the show is. Lonny is no longer the figure that drives the story and keeps everything moving along either. I felt like maybe adding even more numbers in could've helped a bit. I love the stage show and wish there could've been a better movie for it. The movie may generate a cult follo
Variety on
 Jun 12 2012, 01:21:36 PM
I always thought Penelope Spheeris would have been perfect for this movie. Rock of Ages was always kind of the underdog rock n roll musical and I expected the movie to be grungier, seedier, and a lot of fun.
Great
 May 8 2012, 11:46:06 AM
Thanks! Sounds great! I do miss "To Be With You" from this arrangement though. It sounds very good though.
Great
 May 8 2012, 11:13:07 AM
Looks like I just missed it as it's not working :/ Thanks though!
Great
 May 8 2012, 10:03:24 AM
Anyone with a working link???
Genson Blimline as Lonny...
 Feb 13 2012, 12:32:37 AM
Thanks!
Genson Blimline as Lonny...
 Feb 12 2012, 07:07:35 PM
So, does any one have a review for Genson in the role of Lonny at Rock of Ages? Hard to imagine anyone but Mitch, but I'm curious.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You