News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for violet72

violet72 Profile Photo
Member Name: violet72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I am an elementary ESL teacher.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NPH  Nov 13 2012, 08:49:12 PM
no extras on blue ray but the picture quality is awesome
 Oct 15 2012, 08:46:17 AM
I am going Nov 17th. I am a big fan of the movie, the play, and book. Have any of you see Jennifer Jason Leigh in Washington Square? It follows the book more and is meaner. I highly reccomend it to anyone who is a fan of The Heiress
BROADWAY OR BUST - PBS  Sep 11 2012, 08:39:54 AM
I have to say as a hs theater director some of us have favorites and it is political but I know with me I always go into auditions looking for the best people who can fill the roles. I don't even judge the first round (I am in the room though). The judges I pick don't even know the kids and have theater backgrounds. I have often cast someone suprising. Last year a senior boy thought he had Higgins in the bag and came to auditons not prepared and was highly upset when a Junior boy got the lead in
Once  Apr 16 2012, 09:25:22 AM
Finally saw it Saturday and I loved it....it was beautiful...the music, the story, the acting was so good. I was a big fan of the movie and now I think I like the stage show better. After 2 days it is still haunting me
LA CAGE tour.  Oct 11 2011, 10:09:01 AM
I have known Donald Shorter, Jr. who is playing Chantal since he was in 5th grade...I casted and stage managed him in his first musical in high school. I am so proud of him!
Best Beauty and the Beast Costume Rentals  Jul 25 2011, 11:50:16 PM
I directed a production and we used Heartland Costumes and they were very good
COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited  Jun 16 2011, 11:29:00 PM
Just saw it tonight in Vorhees NJ, almost sold out the big theater...I would say about 20 empty seats...no intermission...and I must say I loved loved loved the orchestration, amazeballs. I enjoyed it alot and can't wait to purchase it on dvd/blueray
Okay, now that we've had time to digest Book of Mormon's Cast CD...  Jun 7 2011, 10:06:32 AM
"Here's the butcher he has AIDS, here's the teacher she has AIDS, here's the doctor he has AIDS, here's my daughter she has AAAAAAAAAAAAAA wonderful dispostion"

That part is so catchy and
"Jesus hates you this we know for Jesus just told you so"
and
"I can't believe Jesus called me a dick"

Love this show and loved seeing it

1776 on now!  Jul 4 2010, 08:55:04 PM
love it and last night I watched the John Adams miniseries marathon on HBO...my 4th of July is complete
American Idiot General Lotto  May 2 2010, 01:16:34 AM
At TKTS today I almost got 4 seats in the 11th row of the mezz for $79 a piece...decided I could do better then this so I didn't take them
Times Square Bomb Scare Affects Some Broadway Shows  May 2 2010, 01:10:42 AM
I agree with Pal Joey too me it seems to crudely done to be extremists

Times Square Bomb Scare Affects Some Broadway Shows  May 2 2010, 12:52:46 AM
I was there this afternoon, we had lunch at Juniors and saw La Cage(which I loved)then we tried to get tickets to American Idiot at TKTS but decided not to take them, then went to Starbucks at the Mariott like around 6ish, it was crazy on 44th street there were buses being loaded and unloaded right there then we headed for the train, so we missed the bedlam by 15 minutes thank goodness we didn't stay
Sister Act - will it transfer to Broadway?  Jan 19 2010, 08:29:23 AM
I saw it this August in London and I really liked it although I think the first Act needs to be tightened. I think it is gonna have a long successful run on broadway and I can't wait to see it here
listen to THAT Ragtime.  Nov 29 2009, 02:52:19 PM
Saw the show yesterday and I loved it,I was in the orchestra and it was packed. I saw the original one with the original cast and loved it but this one is so much more then the obp.

Noll was fantastick. She brought so much to mother you could see her journey. Petkoff was also very good ans was Father

Steggert just brought so much more to younger brother then the original, he was amazing.
Didn't get to see Quentin Earl Darrington, so I will be returning to see him. His unde

re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 20 2009, 12:19:57 PM
Everyone going to the free screening I have never done it but my friend has and he says get there up to 2 hours before because they fill up very fast and people have had to stand before
re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 20 2009, 12:19:29 PM
Everyone going to the free screening I have never done it but my friend has and he says get there up to 2 hours before because they fill up very fast and people have had to stand before
re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 19 2009, 06:01:28 PM
Found this. It is a free screening of nine on Dec 8th. I am going to the Philly one
re: My A Chours Line tour review (kinda long, thoughts on Bennett's staging etc)  Nov 19 2009, 08:20:44 AM
My friend has been cast to play Ritchie in January
re: Joe Wright to direct My Fair Lady film, Knightley and possibly Craig to  Oct 24 2009, 04:16:35 PM
I will only want to see this if Hugh Laurie is Higgins
re: Battle of the High School Musicals: Guys 'n Divas  Aug 29 2009, 12:29:06 AM
I just watched this documentary and I too did not like the whole Princess show...I thought the director was a little full of himslef and he had talented kids...I wish I got to see more of the Jeffersonville kids they are truely what theater on that level is about
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You