News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BobPopa

BobPopa Profile Photo
Member Name: BobPopa
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Broadway Shows I've Seen:
Five Guys Named Moe (OBC), Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, My Favorite Year (OBC), Guys & Dolls (1992 Revival), Crazy For You (OBC) (Twice), Joesph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (1990's Revival), Grease (1990's Revival), Damn Yankees (1990's Revival) Blood Brothers (OBC), Showboat (1990's Revival), Sunset Boulevard (Twice) Beauty & the Beast (OBC), Tommy (OBC), Laughter on the 23rd Floor (OBC) An Inspector Calls, What's Wrong with this Picture (OBC), Falsettos (OBC), Victor/Victoria, H2$ (1990's Revival), Moon Over Buffalo (OBC), Thoroughly Modern Millie, Gypsy (Bernadette Peters), Tarzan (OBC), Something Rotten (OBC), Hamilton (OBC), Matilda (Twice), Finding Neverland, Tuck Everlasting (OBC), Wicked, Groundhog Day (OBC), Hello Dolly, A Bronx Tale (OBC), SpongeBob Squarepants (OBC), The Play That Goes Wrong (OBC), Wicked, Once on This Island, Head Over Heels (Opening Night),
+ A Chirstmas Carol (MSG), Radio City Christmas (Twice)

)

Funniest Show Ever - "Save it for the Stage: The Life of Reilly" Charles Nelson Reilly's One Man show
(He was also a wonderful man, brilliantly talented and funny as hell on the telephone)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spring 2020 Musicals  Aug 14 2019, 02:30:37 PM

MRS DOUBTFIRE - Spring 2020 - Sondheim Theatre

The Lion King...Bad.  Aug 12 2019, 03:53:04 PM

I think the show is quite fantastic, and when you look at it being 22 years old, that holds up when thinking about what they did in 1997. The new songs that sprung from the movie score (Shadowland, He Lives in You) are great.

So Zazu sings Let it Go now...in the film it was It's A Small World...it's been a "4th wall joke" for 25 years.

I mean it could not be your cup of tea...sure, but bad theatre...I don't think so, Be More Chill covered that market.

The Band's Visit tour cast  Jul 1 2019, 03:37:05 PM

I saw the show this past Friday in Providence and it was fantastic.

And to comment on many above about Chilina...she was amazing in the role. She was mesmerizing and intoxicating.

Some who saw Katrina might prefer Katrina...personal preference of course, but anyone who would say Chilina didn't do a great job, or pull off the role well.should never comment again about quality of one's performance because they simply haven't a clue.

Moulin Rouge cast updates  Jun 19 2019, 08:30:21 PM

I'm getting tickets whenever Amber Ardolino goes on as Satine.

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Jun 19 2019, 08:28:10 PM

It's a show that I think (partially hope) will grow as time goes. The Netflix film should help and the tour (will be Non-AEA?) will help keep it out there.

It should also play well in many of the regional theatres which will keep it alive.

I have not seen it in NY but saw it in previews at the Alliance and fell in love with it then

The score is underrated and the show is smart, moving, and just a good old fashioned new musical.

Beetlejuice Broadway: Surprise Hit!  May 24 2019, 04:00:43 PM

Beetlejuice Broadway: Surprise Hit!  May 24 2019, 03:16:34 PM

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "Also, it's playing to 60% full houses -- not, typically, what constitutes a "hit.""

If you are going to be snarky to someone's post at least get your facts straight. Beetlejuice has played to no less than an 80% capacity average every week .

Ishmael Reed on Why He Thinks Hamilton is a Total Fraud  Jan 17 2019, 09:28:41 PM

Anyone who fell for "Blair Witch Project" as being real "found footage" is probably broke and homeless from falling for every email scam in the world. It was a smart idea and concept at the time it was out...but come on, I was in college when it came out, never once did anyone I know think it was "real".

Sara Bareilles Instagram Rant  Jan 17 2019, 02:57:39 PM

ANY pictures or video DURING the show is 100% uncalled for. I have called people out during performances, I have put my hand in front of cameras and phones to block attempted shots. I have done this at Community, College, and Professional performances. My wife produces Children's theatre in schools and 100% forbid ANY photography or video. If she catches you she will force you to delete any footage in front of her. 

And of course it's illegal. It's just as bad as texti

Cursed Child Cast Contract Drama?  Oct 31 2018, 12:59:03 PM

Head over Heels is a bogus question because the show won't last a year so they are all going to be unemployed anyway so there's' your pay cut, 

Again comparing an actor at a yearly salary again is bad because what an actor makes year to year varies wildly unlike most people in full time jobs (I say most because i know there are jobs that are different..but most still applies)

Cursed Child Cast Contract Drama?  Oct 31 2018, 12:29:59 PM

Yes that's the minimum salary but lets look at it fairly (for those thinking actors are raking in cash) FIRST you have to get in a Broadway show...THEN the Broadway show has to last a year for you to make 100k. Then even if you are in a Broadway show for a year then you leave or the show closes, you are now unemployed, odds you go right into another Broadway show...very rare. So sure you make $100k+ for one year and the next year you make $32k off some regional work. Not an uncommon scena

Send Charlotte St. Martin A Message: Dim All The Lights For Marin Mazzie  Sep 18 2018, 12:24:18 PM

HogansHero said: "why do people in this thread find it necessary to invoke more serious concerns in the discussion? You can think whatever you want (sickness is in the eye of the beholder I guess) but I think this hideous "campaign" has obscured from the contemplative remembrance and respect Marin Mazzie is due. you are free to see it differently."

You are exactly right, this has become a farce and I agree with you that if this "behavior" continue

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/16/18  Sep 17 2018, 06:34:44 PM

But what is OOTI's weekly cost? It's not busting the roof of the place, but based on the theatre it's in. The Avg ticket price and occupancy aren't anywhere near the horror of HEAD OVER HEELS

Shows that Seem Better on the Cast Recording than Seeing it Live  Sep 6 2018, 06:05:17 PM

MACK AND MABEL for sure!

THE LAST FIVE YEARS is atrocious to watch but not to listen to

MY FAVORITE YEAR (or insert any Flaherty/Aherns Musical)

and a side reply...MATILDA Broadway was one of the 5 best thearical experiences ever

What is the best show you have ever seen  Aug 7 2018, 09:42:04 PM

Mister Matt said: "Musical: The original Broadway production of Les Miserables (before all the cuts)

Play: The 1994 revival of An Inspector Calls (which is coming to Chicago in 2019!)
"

It funny in one post you have my favorite production I have ever seen on Broadway (or anywhere) the Original Les Mierables...perfection, simple beautiful, emotional perfection.

AND 

My least favorite production I have ever seen on Broadway..The Inspector C

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/5/18  Aug 6 2018, 08:28:20 PM

Sauja said: "EllieRose2 said: "Holler If Ya Hear Me did about $150k a week for the month it was open."

And Soul Doctor once had a $110K week for 8 shows. $97K the following week but only 7 shows. Also, I don't know if you'd count it as a musical or, well, even really a show. But Home for the Holidays never broke $100K in the Lunt-Fontanne, and its best week, it made 6.19% of the potential gross.https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/HOME-FOR-THE-HOLIDAYS
"

AUGUST WILSON

Ken Davenport  Aug 1 2018, 12:22:05 AM

Okay talking the "Financial" Hit category, since it's still running, has not recouped, but has not posted a closing notice, then then the fate of OOTI would be categorized as "TBD"

Going with that, do we have a guess as to what the weekly operating costs are on this show?? For playing the Circle in the Square, the grosses aren't bad, and the average ticket price is healthy. If it runs say at least until January 6 and stays north of $500,000 a week, does it h

Does anyone know who is directing Grand Hotel at Encores?  Dec 23 2017, 07:56:50 PM

Josh Rhodes 

People Leaving at Intermission  Nov 17 2017, 11:46:51 AM

I am sorry I have no sympathy, if you leave a show at intermission because you think it's over, you are an idiot. Even "Into The Woods". Especially people over 50, You made it to 50 and never went to a show, high school, or later (I know there are some people but the percentage is insignificant). 

The Sound Of Music Current Tour  Nov 17 2017, 11:41:39 AM

I had no issues with the acting. 

I thought Maria did a very nice job her connection to the kids came off as genuine and her and the Captain had good chemistry

The kids we very good, Mother Abess did a fine job, especially for someone so young in the role. 

I thought the Captain was best when you saw his frustration with Elsa and Max

But really they were a strong cast

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You