News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Profile Photo
Member Name: Buffalo Bill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?  Aug 26 2017, 11:09:31 AM

Uh, guys, Ambrose was probably the best Juliette I'll ever see in my lifetime. She certainly has done some wonderful, incredible things since Six Feet Under (which I also loved).  Here's her review from Brantley: 

"A battle of the elements is being pitched at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, where “Romeo and Juliet” opened last night in a terrifically exciting new production, starring Lauren Ambrose as a Juliet truly to die for..."

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Aug 3 2017, 10:42:09 AM

Every once in awhile a performer "steals the show." Historically it's usually not been the leading player. It's usually some unsung hero who's been slogging away, unnoticed for years, who suddenly has a breakthrough moment on stage, and their careers and lives are forever changed. Tuesday August 1st, however, was different. On that night, Donna Murphy stole "Hello Dolly" away from Carol, Pearl, Barbra, and Bette (among many others) and kept stealing,

Bette officially leaving Dolly on January 14th  Aug 3 2017, 10:37:14 AM

Every once in awhile a performer "steals the show." Historically it's usually not been the leading player. It's usually some unsung hero who's been slogging away, unnoticed for years, who suddenly has a breakthrough moment on stage, and their careers and lives are forever changed. Tuesday August 1st, however, was different. On that night, Donna Murphy stole "Hello Dolly" away from Carol, Pearl, Barbra, and Bette (among many others) and kept stea

What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 3 2017, 12:28:37 PM

I'm rooting for the incredible medley that the CATS company did at The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Ms. Parris is astounding and the whole company really sings beautifully (of course the dancing is thrilling)!!! 

2016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade  Nov 24 2016, 09:42:52 AM

CATS just killed it. Mamie Parris is so good each night it's thrilling.  We (cast and crew at The Simon) are having a total blast with this show! 

Sara Jean Ford leaving CATS  Nov 14 2016, 10:34:46 AM

I hear the show every night, I am the Concessions manager at The Simon. Wow. Wow. Wow. The voices in this revival are so gorgeous it's a thrill to hear this show night after night. 

(When a revival is this fantastic, it makes my job very easy because when the crowd loves the show they are really fun to serve.) 

I predict a really lovely holiday season at CATS this year! 

Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 11:33:14 AM

I'd love to hear Marin Mazzie sing Grizabella, too.  

CATS Reviews  Aug 6 2016, 12:27:29 AM

Yes, Trevor Nunn directed this revival. He was at The Simon, I saw him there frequently!  Andrew Lloyd Webber was there as well. 

CATS Reviews  Aug 2 2016, 10:52:20 AM

Leona doesn't need me to defend her.

I am obsessed with her belt. 

She peeled the paint off the ceiling last night, the crowd went NUTS.

Have you seen her? 

Her belt is HUGE. It gets BIGGER on the second show (in the theatre, we call two shows a day a "double".)

On the night show of the double (Saturday night and this week, Sunday night) she will use that giant talent to wail on the high belt section of Memory, which occurs in the sec

CATS Reviews  Aug 1 2016, 11:20:03 PM

Growth during a performance indicates that the artist isn't phoning in the work.

All really great artists grow during their tenure in a demanding  role. 

Please tell me this isn't the first time you've heard this concept. 

CATS Reviews  Aug 1 2016, 04:55:14 PM

Well, after all the naysayers, all the critical response, guess who will be going out on stage tonight to open herself up to us and sing? 

Leona. Leona Lewis will, that's who.

With impossibly big shoes to fill, Betty, Laurie, Elaine just to name a few, Ms. Lewis will once again apply her makeup and don her costume and go out there and sing to us. 

I hear her every night. Leona is hardworking and consistent and her performance is growing each and ever

Cats Previews  Jul 21 2016, 10:07:15 AM

Hey NewsiesForever, 

I am sorry to hear of your trouble at home!

I can get you a playbill for the show, possibly signed by a few of the cast members. 

I am the Concessions Manager at The Simon and we are having a great time with the amazing cast and crew of CATS.

So, I'll send the playbill in regular post if you want. 

Just come to the show in the Spring and say hi! 

PM me with your home address and I'll send it

Cats Previews  Jul 15 2016, 03:35:53 PM

Last night was fun. Thrilling to be in a theatre with so many people who have a great opinion about this show that they share wholeheartedly.

Front mezz is really great for this show, btw. 

I was genuinely surprised that so many folks stayed by the stage door and waited as long as they did. 

We had a lovely little champagne toast after the show and as I exited the theatre the throngs of lovely CATS fans were still there! 

How fun! 

Cats Previews  Jul 13 2016, 12:07:45 PM

I work at The Simon, it's a really cool set. The theatre has been transformed. I'm guessing here, no inside info, just observations: it's sort of a "world within a world" concept, perhaps? It's stunning and extremely detailed.   To my untrained eye (I have an M.A. in Theatre history with a minor in Theatrical Architecture) it appears as if they've ripped the theatre open to reveal to us the world where CATS takes place. 

The ceiling of the o

In honor of the revival - CATS! Original Production Photographs  Jul 12 2016, 11:38:18 AM

So, I was working in my office at The Simon and as I left for the day I was lucky enough to hear Leona during tech. She. Sounds. Amazing. 

Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella  May 28 2016, 02:57:11 PM

My guess? Leona's going to come out on that stage and nail that song to the back wall. It strikes me that she knows she has big shoes to fill and like her character, Grizabella (the Glamour Cat) she has to try to succeed against naysayers and against all the odds. I think this thread is setting the stage for a really amazing night of theatre. 

Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella  May 27 2016, 11:54:26 AM

Well, Jessie Tyler Ferguson is with us on this one, how fun! (From "Broadway Briefing":

RIEDEL: Jesse Tyler Ferguson has seen ‘Cats’ over 100 times - “I worked in the rear orchestra bar at the Winter Garden when ‘Cats’ was there,” he says. “I saw the first act of ‘Cats’ for a year and a half, and I have to say I loved it. That’s my dirty little secret.”

I say there's nothing dirty about loving a Broadway Show. It strikes me that we all love shows that other folks don't like, or don't think have merit, but just like the men and women in our lives, we love who (or what show) we love. 

Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella  May 26 2016, 11:45:41 AM

I am so grateful that they've found such a powerful, big voice for this role! I'll be hearing her eight times a week sing "Memory" and frankly, I cannot wait.  

I love the idea that this will be an ensemble show with amazing talent. Brilliant. 

Scherzinger backs out of CATS, Lloyd Webber furious  May 16 2016, 06:29:32 PM

Buffalo Bill: Now and Forever. 

FALSETTOS 2016  May 16 2016, 06:28:05 PM

All of the folks cast already are going to be absolutely amazing because they are all very, very fine artists. The casting struck me as odd. It kind of hurt for some reason. I think perhaps because I have such affinity for the original cast, I probably need to just get over it. So thrilled that young folks are going to get to see this beautiful, engaging and thrilling score! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You