News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FOCI

FOCI Profile Photo
Member Name: FOCI
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Are you an Anthony Rapp fan?  Jun 10 2005, 12:35:18 AM
Oy! Anthony is my favorite RENTer..
make her hot before I vomit?  Mar 19 2005, 01:41:19 AM
Sorry, what can I say? I am a straight girl, so perhaps you have better perspective?
make her hot before I vomit?  Mar 19 2005, 12:54:43 AM
How odd...I violently disagree( An exaggeration-I am a peaceful person ) with some of the posts.
1) I Definitely think Eden is the hottest Elphaba. Idina is somewhat hot, Stephanie Block is beautiful, and Shoshana is attractive.
This is for Benzy92-I am going to try, if somewhat inarticulately, to explain why I like Shoshana's singing:
I have seen both Shoshana and Idina and I definitely, 100 % prefer Shoshana's singing. Her voice is amazing. I love that I don't hear straining e

re: alto audition songs  Mar 2 2005, 12:52:41 AM

"Don’t do Sondheim in the general auditions (unless you’re over 40 and have been through what the lyrics imply,"

What about something(not Sondheim) that is written for an older woman but the situation could easily apply to a younger woman? for instance a song about being widowed?

re: kristin or idina  Feb 27 2005, 12:55:29 PM
I wonder which one you prefer Menzellover?
re: Kristin Chenowith 'As I Am'  Feb 19 2005, 02:33:24 AM
Shira-Not a bad idea.. :)
re: Performers notorious for missing shows  Feb 15 2005, 01:42:29 AM
Well, I love Donna to death but people come now....
"Obviously she was ill, as she did have a doctor's note for every missed performance."
I always have a doctor's note to miss school too :)

re: rosie o'donnell...  Feb 15 2005, 01:14:57 AM
Well, I'll leave the "Tom issue" debating up to the people who probably know more and/or feel more strongly about it than I do.
The thing that bugs me re: her and the sexual orientation is that after she came out she.. hmm I don't know how to say this- she certainly didn't let herself go but she stopped taking any sort of care with her physical appearence. Now the only reason this bothered me was b/c t it just re-enforced everyone's sterotypes of the Butch lesbian. I mean, it just bothers m

re: Kristin Chenowith 'As I Am'  Feb 15 2005, 12:46:54 AM
Oh man I love Kristin and I might just have to buy this cd. I wonder what my rabbi will think? :)
re: CDs for a newbie  Feb 15 2005, 12:39:38 AM

If he/she is not that into the musical theatre genre-I'm gonna go with RENT. Trust me, that is the only musical I have ever heard people who self-proclaimedly don't like musicals listen to. Plus, people won't think it's like a weird cd to own.

If they have expressed interest in musical theatre-then what everyone else said. Who really knows though people have such different tastes?

re: equity membership questions  Feb 7 2005, 08:59:23 PM
Yep erinrebecca nice guess, it's an equity show. Maybe I should have clairified sorry: I got the message two days ago that I got the part and was about to call back but then read this thread and had second thoughts.. I got to audition only b/c I knew the director from before so she put me on the list to audition and I had also told her previously that I wanted to join equity.
RE: my decision. The director is sort of my mentor in the acting world, so I called her back today and told her my c

re: equity membership questions  Feb 6 2005, 10:29:27 PM

Thanks jrb_actor and ShuQ, I am now re-considering. I'm sure I could use more experience.. I just figured it was a no-brainer-you get a chance to join equity and you do. I hadn't quite thought it the whole way through yet.
"If you are good, don't sweat it."- I guess that's the million dollar question..it's so hard to know as evertything is so subjective.

re: Rent ages  Feb 6 2005, 05:49:08 PM
Well I saw it in 9th grade and I thought I was pretty damn savvy but it mostly went over my head. For example: I knew what AIDS was (obviously) but I didn't know what AZT was so I didn't get what was wrong with Mimi really. Also, I didn't have a sense of the AIDS culture in NY in the '80s so I remember thinking it was really stupid and melodramatic that everyone in the show was diseased.
I still thought it was beautiful though-so in short I agree w/luvtheemcee that your cousin might

re: equity membership questions  Feb 6 2005, 04:49:19 PM
Hold on-if you are young it is better to be non-equity?!?!?
Dammit, what if you just joined equity b/c you wanted to be in the union before you go to college in NY next year? I thought I should join before I go to NY b/c I had much better odds of getting an equity contract. HELP, I haven't finalized it yet someone tell me if I am about to make a mistake in joining!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

re: Favorite Broadway Diva Song?  Feb 6 2005, 04:35:00 PM
Great minds :)
re: Favorite Broadway Diva Song?  Feb 6 2005, 04:32:59 PM
Umm well, I would say there are about 3 I adore from "Funny Girl" IMO the ultimate diva musical...
"I'm the Greatest Star"
"Don't Rain on my Parade"
"My Man"
and maybe "People" also..

re: Vibratto - I'm desperate  Jan 30 2005, 06:15:57 PM
This is so funny I have the exact opposite problem of you!! I have a strong natural vibratto and I have been working on how to get rid of it when singing more contemporary songs! sorry-good luck, just had to post on the irony of it all.
Kerry Butler and all her greatness  Jan 27 2005, 10:15:25 PM
Meh.
re: Funny Girl?  Jan 26 2005, 09:07:47 PM
Fanny Brice is my dream role....my school is sort of deciding whether or not to do it, the director has been talking/singing/reading pieces of it with me but is so HARD vocally-for me. I'm working really hard on it but cross your fingers for me.
re: Kristin Chenoweth gossip  Jan 24 2005, 08:25:19 PM
I agree with the whole Kristin is too good a Christian to be sleeping with creator of the t.v. show in which she is appearing....or is she?? :)
Geez first Brantley now this!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You