News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HollidayForever

HollidayForever Profile Photo
Member Name: HollidayForever
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 May 26 2015, 05:38:59 PM

sephyr, I couldn't agree more. I've been telling everyone, she was surprisingly above average maybe even flawless. In fact, I'm sure if she didn't have other commitments, the Weisslers would sign her to a full year contract. She breathed so much life and humor into the role of Roxie. And you're right Brandy completely out-shined Amra. Overall, I thought everyone was pretty solid. The only thing that pissed me off was the sound and Mary Sunshine's diction. I couldn't understand a word she sang

Patti Labelle's Pre-Opening Night!
 Sep 8 2010, 12:17:52 PM
Okay, I don't know if somebody has already started one, but is anyone seeing Fela tonight? If so, please report back.
Surprising good Community Theater??????
 Sep 6 2009, 07:45:14 PM
Have you ever gone to see a community theater of a Broadway musical and it was surprisingly not that bad?
re: The most bizarre cover of 'America' from WSS imaginable...
 Jul 9 2009, 02:28:39 AM
Here is another bizarre cover of West Side Story starring Patti Labelle, Natalie Cole, and Drummer Shelia E. You think Sondheim writes some crazy tempos. Hope your ready for some church!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsVOu3dJXiQ

re: Fantasia rejoining the Color Purple National Tour.
 Jul 3 2009, 01:37:42 AM
Yes, I asked how she was holding up because in many interviews she expressed how she originally didn't want to go back to the show. She explained how physically, emotionally and vocally challenging the role is. She finally agreed to do it after producers twisted her arms, and her many fans begged her to. I am one of Fantasia's biggest fans. I guessed I should have been more clear, I meant how was she holding up after having stepped away from the role for so long, I didn't mean how she was holdin
Fantasia rejoining the Color Purple National Tour.
 Jul 2 2009, 04:29:30 PM
Her first day back was June 30th in Washington D.C. Has anyone seen it? How is she holding up?
Full Monty making a Broadway Transfer??????
 Jun 14 2009, 06:15:22 PM
So what are the chances of the current production of Full Monty at Papermill making a Broadway Transfer?
Celebrities On Broadway
 Aug 11 2008, 06:53:32 PM
I must begin by saying, I don't know if this issue has been discussed in the past. If it has, then please forgive me. I just feel the need to get you fine people's opinion about an issue that has been annoying me for some time. After watching Whoopi's rehearsal video from Xanadu on The View (ha ha that rhymed), I was immediately upset and angry. I must begin by saying that I am a huge fan of Whoopi and I think she is a very talented woman, however, it annoyed me that she clearly couldn't handle
re: Fantasia out again Thursday 10/25
 Oct 29 2007, 12:55:20 PM
First of all, to say that the role isn't that demanding is crazy. First of all, she sings throughout the show, whether its small little interludes between songs such as "Or your no God at all" which is belted. "The high note at the end of Miss Celie's Pants" or her eleven o' clock number I'm here. Granted, everything she sings isn't that vocally demanding, however, when you have too sing seven shows a week, do publicity, and try to have a life. Singing something as easy as twinkle twinkle little
re: Variations On The Death Of Trotsky question
 Oct 23 2007, 02:52:02 PM
Do you go to Point Park University? And are you perhaps directing this as an one act?
re: Any current Color Purple discounts?
 Jul 11 2007, 04:37:43 PM
I don' know about discounts....but you can do rush. The first like 30 people in line when the box office opens at 10, can get tickets on the first to rows for $26.50 The only thing is that the line start forming as early as 7:00am.
re: Saycon Sengbloh as Celie, 7/11
 Jul 11 2007, 04:34:59 PM
I am so pissed......I just saw this show maybe a week ago. Fantasia was amazing.....but I would love to see saycon.
Does anyone know why the Playbills have been in black and white lately.
 Jul 11 2007, 04:33:49 PM
This past week I came to the city to see a few shows. I didn't understand why most of the playbills were in black and white. Does anyone know?
re: Is it true Broadway is closed on the 5th
 Jun 26 2007, 10:58:06 AM
thanx!
Is it true Broadway is closed on the 5th
 Jun 26 2007, 10:50:25 AM
Me and a friend of mine are coming to NYC for 4th of July. However, he told me that Color Purple and a few other shows didn't have shows on the 5th. Does anyone know if shows are closed on 4th of July or after?
Best Button at the End of a Song.
 Mar 10 2007, 03:12:17 AM
For me what makes a great musical number all comes down to the last button. Everything has to be on in order to due the song any justice. The best buttons are when he lights, sound, and actors all hit it at the same time.I hate it when you see a huge number and then it ends with a weak button, or if everyone hits it, except one. What are some of your favorite buttons. Color Purple has one at the end of Mysterious Ways at the end of the opening number when they all raise their hands on the last n
re: Dreamgirls Costume Change (Original Production)
 Jan 12 2007, 07:13:23 AM
Well does anyone know how they do the witch's quick change in "Into the Woods" and has anyone figured out how they do the Beast's quick change in....Beauty and the Beast?

I heard that the cast is sworn to secrecy in their contracts.

re: Odd Couple Dreamcast!!!!!
 Jan 12 2007, 12:08:21 AM
So wanna be a foster...what are your problems with this show?
re: the official' sho bean' love thread
 Jan 11 2007, 06:24:10 PM
TheatreDiva....who cares...is starting another thread really hurting you that much? Everything on this site has been said before....so what, if you don't like it...just keeping moving.
re: David Alan Grier as Pseudolus in Forum?
 Jan 11 2007, 06:19:32 PM
A little off topic maybe.....but did anyone see Grier in the LA mounting of the Wiz??????????
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You