News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KSobaskie

KSobaskie Profile Photo
Member Name: KSobaskie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
 Sep 27 2018, 12:31:53 AM

Vicki Shaghoian ( www.vickishaghoian.com ) is amazing and has a ton of Broadway/TV/Film/Pop artists that study with her. I'm surprised more people don't know about her.  A voice lesson isn't just a voice lesson with Vicki -- it's a voice, acting, and life lesson. Worth every penny. And she often has some group classes going for technique and audition coaching if finances are tight. 

re: voice teachers
 Jan 8 2018, 05:56:14 PM

I know this is an older message but just in case anyone stumbles upon this chat and is still looking -- Vicki Shaghoian ( vickishaghoian.com ) is someone you definitely want to look into.

I've been studying with her for the last year and she's helped guide me to my authentic voice. I had 10 years of opera training but wanted to act and sing musical rep. She reinforces that you can't sing if you're not truthfully invested in what you're saying so it turns into an acting/singing lesson. My technique has never been better, I'm singing with my real voice which connects me emotionally to everything that I'm singing, and I'm finally getting the callbacks I want. 

She taught the MFA actors at Yale for 14 years and coaches many Bway stars like Bette Midler, Bryce Pinkham, and Bryan Terrell Clark. I thank my lucky stars that I found her and I can't believe more people haven't heard of her.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You