News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tamra2

Member Name: tamra2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Curtain Call question  Feb 22 2016, 02:36:45 PM

No. Pictures are not allowed to be taken during curtain call, nor video. The only exception to this is on opening night . Just because it isn't allowed does not mean people don't try. Just because someone is breaking the rules does not make it right.

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Feb 19 2016, 04:23:20 PM

Chrissoth said: "Hey All, 

My first post, hope everyone gets in and loves the show and wishing you all happy memories.  

1) Can anyone tell me how to get into this lottery I see you mentioning as well as wait online? 

I'm coming soon to NYC with my daughter who has said she'll wait on the cancellation line for me as a birthday gift -- is it too much to ask?  We're going to mainly shoot for a Wednesday to have two bites at the apple...hope to see you there!

"

https://hamiltonlottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/hamilton/

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jan 26 2016, 11:24:35 AM

I have an ethics question for you guys. I had a lot of fun hanging out with the people in line. We chatted almost the whole time. We also took turns holding each others places so everyone could run to the Marriott for bathroom breaks or coffee as needed. One person ended up leaving and coming back a few hours later and assumed the same place in line. I don't think anyone had agreed to hold the place that long, but then again, no one raised a stink about it. Since I was first it didn&#

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jan 12 2016, 11:00:42 AM

cancellation line is not like rush so they do not just sell them when the BO opens. They sell them when (if) they become available. If you opt to begin waiting at 10 for an 8 pm show you could potentially be standing there all day. you could also get lucky and be able to by the tickets earlier in the day... there is just no way of knowing. I would say in my experience most usually the tickets are sold closer to show time because that is when they are most likely to be cancelled. if you decide

Special Tony for Ali Stroker?  Nov 26 2015, 06:58:48 PM

Being the first to do something is not a reason to earn a Tony award which is supposed to be for excellence in theater... Perhaps being noted in something like the Guinness book of world records... But definitely not a Tony award.

Box seats In movies  Nov 26 2015, 06:47:31 PM

I believe it is because way back when t was a status thing... A place to be seen and show off your importance. I could be wrong but that was my understanding....

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Nov 25 2015, 01:27:42 PM

in the case of the cash only tickets they had that day it was because the tickets had already been scanned in by the people and then they saw the slip in the playbill and made a stink. Because the ticket had already been scanned they weren't able to cancel the ticket in the system so it could be repurchased. The tickets that are cancelled for whatever reason and never scanned in they can process however.

I think if it were any show besides Hamilton where there was a very long cancel

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Nov 25 2015, 11:24:09 AM

The cancellation line tickets go on sale for whatever price they were on sale for. As the guy who works at the theater says you could potentially get one of the $50 mezz tickets but "that is like catching a leprechaun". If the ticket cancelled is $177 that is what they charge, if is is Premium, that is what they charge. 

If you are the first in line and ticket is premium but you don't want it, they will ask the next person in line, but you can stay in line in the hope

Two lotteries and rush... does this all time out?  Sep 18 2015, 03:09:05 PM

unless you win the Hamilton lotto... they usually have all the names called within 10 minutes so more than enough time to make it over to spring! Hopefully you won't have to though :)

Established Nicknames For Broadway Show Fans?  Sep 15 2015, 10:17:04 AM

Can't forget Altarholics for Altar Boyz :)

Pippin Tour?  Dec 29 2014, 01:30:29 PM
I think they should promote the current Broadway Lewis, Mike Schwitter, to Pippin on tour... It wold be a great choice for so many reasons!
Replacement stars that change a show  Nov 20 2014, 12:20:37 PM
when Clay Aiken joined Spamalot they added a song lyric or two for him.
Where Is THe Stage Door At Cabaret?  Nov 10 2014, 04:41:37 PM
It's on 53rd street
Pippin cast changes  Sep 18 2014, 11:41:34 PM
She was in tonight, don't know about other nights
Pippin Tour cast  Jun 19 2014, 11:08:03 AM
i read in an article on I think Playbill where John Rubinstein said that he was going on tour as Charlemagne after his brief stint with the Broadway production.
Realistic Jones stage door  May 8 2014, 09:26:54 AM
i passed by the stage door on my way home from work yesterday (matinee time) and I didn't stay but when i was passing by I did see Michael C. Hall out taking pictures/giving autographs
Telecharge! GRRRR!!!!!!  Apr 4 2014, 02:34:15 PM
I believe Telecharge is run by the Shubert Organization, so all shows in Shubert Houses would have to use Telecharge. I might be mistaken of course!
Ciara Renée and Kyle Dean Massey in pippin  Apr 2 2014, 10:35:15 AM
Kyle Dean was absolutely incredible. Ciara started off a little tentative IMO but really gained confidence/momentum as the show went on and I ended up being impressed by her. The adorable new dog almost didn't come out when he was called, guess first night nerves got to him!
Favorite Villain Songs?  Sep 10 2013, 09:57:08 AM
Killer Instinct from Bring It On
The Little Mermaid cast Papermill  May 6 2013, 09:27:39 PM
i think nick adams will make a perfect Prince Eric
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You