ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#2The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 4/13/13 at 10:48pm

I don't see anything....

theatergeek3
#2The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 4/14/13 at 9:34am

I was wondering the same thing! I think they probably won't release the cast until later in the Millie run.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#3The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:39am

Tonight is the press opening night so they should have the cast in their reviews.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#4The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 4/29/13 at 9:43pm

At the NY Pops Gala, Nick Adams stated he'd be in the production and the whole cast would be announced on Thursday. He didnt say who he'd play, I would think Prince Eric

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#5The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 7:26am

I wonder who Ariel is...probably Chelsea Morgan Stock...

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#6The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 8:39am

It's announced now.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nick-Adams-Jessica-Grove-Liz-McCartney-More-to-Star-in-Paper-Mills-Revamped-THE-LITTLE-MERMAID-Full-Cast-Announced-20130502

Since they mention this production also playing Kansas City Starlight and Pittsburgh CLO this summer, does anyone think the cast might be the same for those productions? I remember Pittsburgh CLO noted that they were NOT auditioning for "The Little Mermaid," along with "Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story" and "The Lion King" (both are touring productions). Could that be an indicator?

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 5/2/13 at 08:39 AM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#7The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 11:48am

I hope they revamp it to make it less THE WORST.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

matineeidol2591
#8The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 12:10pm

sbflyfan, yes, the cast will transfer between each theatre.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 12:35pm

Pretty decent cast if not a little "milktoast."

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#10The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/2/13 at 7:34pm

So does this mean Prince Eric will have really short sleeves? The Little Mermaid cast Papermill

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#11The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/3/13 at 11:32am

Has it been confirmed that the Papermill Cast will transfer to the other two theatres?

Darreyl with an L!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#12The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/3/13 at 11:57am

"The production, featuring a revamped script, additional songs, a new physical production and an entirely fresh interpretation of the piece, will also play at partner theatres Kansas City Starlight and Pittsburgh CLO."

I would assume so...
http://playbill.com/news/article/177517-Nick-Adams-Jessica-Grov-Liz-McCartney-Alan-Mingo-Jr-Edward-Watts-and-More-Cast-in-Paper-Mills-The-Little-Mermaid

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#13The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 5:57pm

Since they mention this production also playing Kansas City Starlight and Pittsburgh CLO this summer, does anyone think the cast might be the same for those productions?

Then TUTS is using the physical show and revamped book and score next summer in Houston.

I wonder if we'll get any of these cast members...

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#14The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 6:02pm

Does anyone know what the changes to the book and score are?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Visceral_Fella
#15The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 7:19pm

I don't know, but hopefully they'll add Vanessa and giant Ursula back in.

broadway guy
#16The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 7:41pm

Hopefully they took out that stupid contest thing at the end.

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#17The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 8:44pm

Do you all think that they would have changed it that drastically? God, I hope so.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#18The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 8:56pm

“The Paper Mill Playhouse version of Disney’s The Little Mermaid has never been seen before,” stated director Glenn Casale. “The script and the structure of the piece are entirely new. Ursula and Triton have new songs. It is a family adventure that you will want to share with your sons and daughters.”

On Broadway.com they also listed a flying sequence by Paul Rubin. Was there flying in the original broadway production?
Examiner

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#19The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 9:00pm

I don't see Nick Adams in the role. Hope I'm wrong.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

AEA AGMA SM
#20The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 9:05pm

I believe that Glenn Casale directed the Dutch production of the show that incorporated flying (and he is also a Peter Pan veteran) so I would assume that he's probably using some of the flying sequences from that production for the under water scenes.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#21The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 9:06pm

On Broadway.com they also listed a flying sequence by Paul Rubin. Was there flying in the original broadway production?

Yes. In the act one finale.

tamra2
#22The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 9:27pm

i think nick adams will make a perfect Prince Eric

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#23The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 9:31pm

I don't see him "acting straight."

Visceral_Fella
#24The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
Posted: 5/6/13 at 10:24pm

That's because that's not a playable action. All he has to do is put his attention on the woman playing Ariel, and play for her heart. I'm sure he knows what it is to be in love with another human being, he just has to do that with his scene partner.