News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for allvocal

allvocal Profile Photo
Member Name: allvocal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows that were panned but you loved
 Oct 27 2007, 11:25:44 PM
The Civil War- I friggin loved this show.. I told everyone it was goign to be HUGE...then of course everybody hated it and it closed shortly..oops

High Fidelity-Although I didn't see this show as I was working out of town the week it was up..I loved the book, the movie, and the OCR sooo I refuse to think it wasn't good.

re: Young Frankenstein - 10/22
 Oct 26 2007, 01:05:56 AM
Saw the show tonight 10/25 won the lottery. I have to agree with all of you...I thought the show on a whole is forgetable. There are good moments, funny jokes, a good song or two, but they are so spread out in the show that the show on a whole falls flat.

Roger Barts understudy is fine...but there isn't much of a part, his songs are dumb and not needed.

Sutton is great as usually her Roll in the Hay number is funny.. but she doesnt' do much else

Megan is alright.. bu

re: The Journey to your card [Equity Card]
 Oct 19 2007, 05:37:21 PM
I've been all over...born and raised in California...grew up working in the same theatre as Audra McDonald, Sharon Leal, Sarah Uriartie Berry, Heidi Blikinstaff...The logical choice for me would have to move to LA...but after spending the summer after HS doing summerstock in Michigan at one of those "do everything" summerstocks.. I met a girl who lived in chicago, she said Chicago was a great theatre town so I moved there. Worked quite a bit, earning a few equity points, getting really close on
re: Being a touring actor urgent questions!
 Aug 26 2007, 03:30:34 AM
So true about the hooking up and breaking up on tour!.. ha.. When all you have to hang out in is a Hotel room or a bar.. it happens....so fun..

Note to self, book another national tour asap.

re: Where's Ramona Keller now-a-days?
 Aug 3 2007, 02:06:56 AM
She was the Dragon.. amazing too.
re: Where's Ramona Keller now-a-days?
 Aug 2 2007, 05:36:02 PM
She also did at least one of the SHREK readings... Her voice is crazy!
re: Buddy on Broadway
 Aug 1 2007, 05:24:28 PM
I love this show.. I've done it multiple times.. I think the problem with the Bway show.. is that it was really one of the first of its kind.. of course now we have.. Mamma Mia, Good Vibrations, Times they are a Changin.. etc.. BUDDY was the fisrt..

But its a great show.. and is a must see if you're in London.

The weird thing about BUDDY is some buddy holly songs.. were a hit in London but not the states.. sooo some songs are different in the shows..

Heartbeat.. majo

Dinah Was rights?
 Jul 19 2007, 12:10:13 AM
Does anyone know who owns the rights to Dinah Was? Thanks
re: Standing ovations for plays?
 Jul 15 2007, 03:40:50 AM
I agree in that I think we give the STANDING O a little too much.. I'm usually the one that doesn't stand if I didn't like the show... unless it would be really awful If I didn't... With Musicals people just JUMP up.. as soon as bows being.. kinda annoying.

I've stood for Coast of Utopia, The Retreat From Moscow, and Journeys End... latley

re: Broadway star sightings!
 Jul 13 2007, 11:27:50 PM
She was on the 2 train.. got on at 116... I was meeting a friend.. so I got off before her.. not sure how to get to where the games are.
re: Broadway star sightings!
 Jul 13 2007, 02:26:15 AM
I rode the train today with Ashley Brown and what I can only assume was her boyfriend... on their way to a broadway show league game.. no one noticed..well i did.
re: When does Mara Davi leave A Chorus Line
 Jul 10 2007, 12:45:14 AM
Lets hope Drowsey doesn't close too soon! I think Mara is great in ACL I'm sure she'll rock Drowsey
re: Broadway rehearsals?
 Jul 10 2007, 12:42:13 AM
There are more rules! You have to have a 5min break every hour or a 10min break every 90min... Lots of Signing in! Check the AEA website for all of them..
re: Ashley Spencer to Join Hairspray Cast!
 Jul 9 2007, 01:36:00 PM
I wonder why its a short contract?? Maybe she has something else lined up? I thought Brynn OMally was the best Amber I've seen.. it'll be sad to see her go.
re: Sheet Music for 'I Don't Believe in Heroes Anymore'?
 Jul 9 2007, 03:21:04 AM
I'm sure Michael Lavine has it.. and of course Michael Rupert
EVENING
 Jul 9 2007, 03:14:35 AM
So I saw the movie EVENING tonight.. and not only was it pretty good.. it is chalk full of Broadway peeps..

Vanessa Redgrave
Natasha Richardson
Meryl Streep
Glen Close
Toni Colette
Eileen Atkins
Patrick Wilson
Hugh Dancy
Barry Bostwick
Chuck Cooper

It was like playing.. spot the broadway star.. Very fun. Go See It

re: ACL July 5th
 Jul 7 2007, 08:18:26 PM
I've seen the show twice now.. I've seen Nadine as Cassie both times.. the entire original cast.. minus the cassie.. the first time.. and David Baum was on for.. Gregory...and of course Nadine again..

but 6 understudies! whoa.. They should do what they do at rent.. just have an insert with the "cast" that will be performing that night.. its less upsetting than opening your playbill and 6 slips fall out!

re: So, I Am Curious...
 Jul 7 2007, 03:08:38 AM
1. What do you do?
Actor AEA

2. What is it you love about Broadway?
What is not to love about live theatre?

3. What was the first Broadway show you ever saw?
Lots of National Tours..(Originaly from CA) first Bwy show.. Les Miserables in 1996...and now that I live in NYC I see shows all the time.

4. Have you ever been in a show, whether in a school, community theatre, regional or on Broadway? Yeah... haven't been on Broadway yet.. close very close.. Nati

re: And as of August 14th, the next Corny Collins is......
 Jul 6 2007, 03:57:58 PM
I like Hairspray.. I've seen it a few times... I didn't want to see it with the "Stunt" "Star" "Whatever" casting.. of Alexa, Ashley, Jerry...but I did. They were okay. They did there best I'm sure. It just bothers me to know that if these same people if they weren't under the "Stunt" "Star" and "Whatver" casting banner.. that if they just walked in off the street and auditionied for these roles like everyone else.. I dont' think they would get a second look. That being said.. I might be the onl
re: Casting Shrek Lead in 'Shrek The Musical'
 Jul 3 2007, 07:40:50 PM
Well the last auditions were in LA on the 20th.. soo if he did indeed audition in LA.. there would be no need to cancel any others.. cause none were schduled. Also it is a staged reading.. and while he would get first refusel it doesn't mean he will indeed get to broadway.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You