News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for viola13

viola13 Profile Photo
Member Name: viola13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frozen Standing Room  Mar 30 2018, 11:50:28 AM
The rear railing is gone on the house left side of the orchestra. It's still there for house right, though.
Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 12:15:42 PM
I just picked up my tdf tickets for Angels and they told me they would not be past dating tdf. But that also may be since I'm obviously here. Would love to past date it though, I probably won't be able to get home tonight.
Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 12:15:36 PM
I just picked up my tdf tickets for Angels and they told me they would not be past dating tdf. But that also may be since I'm obviously here. Would love to past date it though, I probably won't be able to get home tonight.
Re: Oy  Feb 6 2018, 03:18:18 PM
It seems like the bigger deal is that concerns have been brought up, and nothing has been done about it. Performers wanted a no touching statment added to the opening speech way back in 2011. It wasn't added until 2018 after Buzzfeed started asking questions. A superfan of the show has been enough of a problem that a warning goes out to employees and yet he's still allowed to attend. Punchdrunk's been doing similar shows for years in London/UK, with nothing like this coming out, why not? Is
Does anyone know if there will be a discount code for Angels in America?  Nov 7 2017, 11:01:14 PM

Wick3 said: "When tickets were released in London's West Endthey easily sold out. Not sure why that's not the case here on Broadway. Perhaps the producers are thinking people will still buy tickets at full price but I have a feeling they'll have some sort of discount if advanced sales is not doing well."

In London, tickets were considerably cheaper, starting at £15 (for the first few rows!) and I know my tickets at around $120 for both

RENT 2000 Screenplay?  Oct 27 2017, 03:32:40 PM
Could I also get a PM? Thanks so much!
Sleep No More - Discounts?  Oct 24 2017, 05:12:52 PM

They sometimes do student tickets to late night shows, use code STUDENT in the code box.  They may not open it up until week of, so keep trying.  I think they're $65 w/fees?

Angels in America Audience Rewards Presale Code  Oct 21 2017, 02:14:46 AM

Chance to buy before the general public.  I think prices are what's keeping people from buying tickets.  I know people who are interested, but it's too expensive.  It was the fastest selling show at the National, but tickets started at 15 pounds per part.  I got the $99 tkts for this run, which is about comparable to how much I paid in London, but in London that was on the higher end of the pricing scale.

Current Rent Tour  Oct 21 2017, 02:05:43 AM

The staging is pretty much the same staging as on Broadway/other tours, but this is the second leg of the tour, with a mostly new cast.  I think the Mimi and Roger are the same but everyone else is different.  The first part of the 20th Anniversary tour ended in DC in June, and this new cast hasn't performed yet.

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!  Oct 5 2017, 01:14:40 AM

I actually think this is a way better schedule than in London.  April, May, and June are mostly marathons- both parts every Wed, Sat, and Sun, and then Part 1 every Thu and Part 2 every Fri.  When I saw it in London, I was visiting for a week and the only day they had a marathon was on Tuesday, and every other performance was Part 1 that week.  And there were no performances on the weekend b/c that stage actually had another play in rep.  So yeah, March weirdness aside, th

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!  Oct 4 2017, 02:10:42 PM

Schedule is up on Ticketmaster if you search for Angels.  March has a weird schedule probably b/c of previews, but starting in April it's marathons on Wed, Sat, and Sun, and one part each on Thu/Fri.  It seems like as of now you don't have the option of buying only one part, all tickets are for both parts.  No pricing info except these $99 tickets:

Ticket Limits

There is an eleven (11) ticket limit per person. For $99 bundled tickets, there is

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE in Performances (The 2017 Revival)  Feb 14 2017, 10:41:39 PM

The balcony has a great view, I sat in C3 and had a perfect view of everything, including the chromolume.  It felt really intimate considering it was the 3rd level.

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE in Performances (The 2017 Revival)  Feb 12 2017, 02:52:17 AM

I was in the 3rd row of the left balcony and had a great view; could see the chromolume perfectly.  It seems like the entire balcony has great sightlines, I went all the way to the extreme side to see the view, and you could still see practically the entire stage. 

I was also at the invited dress and can confirm they definitely had projection issues the first act.  It went smoothly at the invited dress, but I also believe they added some projections for first preview

Shows you have seen in foreign languages  Jan 5 2015, 04:25:59 PM
I saw Les Mis in Prague, done in Czech, and Chicago in Copenhagen, in Danish, both in 2007. Chicago was a replica production of the revival, Les Mis was a non-replica production they've been doing on and off for years. It was the same Valjean as the one who sang during the 10th Anniversary Concert finale.
BC/EFA Fall 2014  Nov 2 2014, 11:39:02 PM
Cabaret has signed windowcards for $100, signed playbills for $40, Carols for a Cure cd for $20, Kit Kat Klub calendar for $20, and they have a cardboard cutout set up of Alan and a Kit Kat Klub girl and boy, with the faces cut out, so you can stand behind it and take a picture for $10.

Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Sep 30 2014, 04:13:55 PM
And my code for $20 off is BEFFL. Going to buy a ticket with a code from here, it'll only be $25 for orchestra seats for The Old Man and the Old Moon!
Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 03:37:53 PM
I was an usher at another theatre with the President in attendance for a fundraising event. We knew weeks in advance who was working, because the secret service needed to do background checks on all the employees. To enter, our house manager stood at the entrance and checked us off as we went in, after we showed ID that we worked at the theater. So I see why this was a huge breach in security and why she was fired, but it's probably not just the usher's fault for being able to get in in the fi
Lotto/SRO Advice for Hedwig  Jun 12 2014, 03:25:13 PM
I did SRO yesterday, while they only had 9 spots to sell, the line surprisingly didn't fill up until 11am.

Sorry, yes this was for the evening show, so tickets weren't sold until 7:15pm. It was also somewhat rainy in the morning, so maybe people were deterred by the weather.

Also someone who had gotten there after noon got in after someone from the SRO line won the lotto.

If/Then is on TDF  Jun 7 2014, 02:43:10 AM
I got Row S, seats 8 & 10 for last Sat's matinee.

Hedwig Previews  Apr 8 2014, 04:15:01 PM
He kissed the guy in BB 114 at the show I was at. I was in BB4 and got some water thrown at me also, but that was about it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You