News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Serendipity

Serendipity Profile Photo
Member Name: Serendipity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Selling 2 tix, Long Day's Journey, 5/4 matinee!
 Apr 27 2016, 10:17:10 AM

(Bumping!)

Willing to sell for less, make me an offer! This version is supposed to be fantastic.  

Selling 2 tix, Long Day's Journey, 5/4 matinee!
 Apr 25 2016, 10:08:08 AM

I have a pair of tickets to sell for the matinee performance (2pm) on Wednesday May 4th. These are Mezzanine Box Right tickets, RB 10 and RB8. These are the 2 seats on the edge of the box closest to the audience, furthest back from the stage. (i.e. the best box seats for maximum stage viewing). They are listed as "partial view", with a face value of $67.00.

Seating chart:  http://www.roundabouttheatre.org/Roundabout/media/Roundabout/SeatingCharts/American-Airlines-Updated-Seating-Chart-as-of-10-29-15.pdf?ext=.pdf

I spontaneously purchased these for our upcoming visit; and now we are unable to attend. Sad face. 

I would like to recoup a portion of what I paid, and would be happy to let these tickets go for $90 total. (I paid $152 incl. fees). 

I will be in Manhattan as of Sunday 5/1 to meet for an in-person exchange. Cash only, please. 

Please let me know if you are interested! 
Thanks!

re: Anyone at RENT (tour) tonight in Charlotte?
 Jul 4 2004, 10:22:18 AM
No, I have to say I wasn't impressed with Jamie or Rebecca. I suppose if I hadn't been listening to the obc cd for the past 8 years, or hadn't seen any other performances of Rent - I would have thought they played the roles fine. But I must say there was just something lacking from everyone's performance, with the exception of Jeff. It felt a bit like High School theater. However, Rent is a great show, and even the so-so cast couldn't ruin it for me. It was also very obvious it was the last show
Anyone at RENT (tour) tonight in Charlotte?
 Jul 4 2004, 12:02:04 AM
Just wondering if anyone else was at Rent's last show tonight in Charlotte, NC??? There was quite a big group in the first couple of rows in the orchestra. I assumed they were either family/friends of cast; or maybe Rent-heads or compulsive bowlers .... anyone know? They were a fun bunch. :)

Regarding the show .... it was good, as Rent always is ... however, it was weak. Jeff Scott Carey (I think that was his name, if it’s wrong, forgive me. My playbill is still in my car!) as "Roger" wa

re: Wicked Theatre
 Jul 2 2004, 06:53:47 PM
I second that! 70 people for the (Wicked) lotto is nothing .... when I went in March they had approx 350 people for the lotto; and when I went again in May there were about 200 in line.
re: Anyone Goin' To Sephora?
 May 25 2004, 12:01:34 AM
I tried! I got there, took one look at the line that wrapped around the corner of 42nd Street - and left.
re: Anyone Goin' To Sephora?
 May 20 2004, 09:34:16 PM
I'm planning on stopping by to see what's what. I don't think an appointment was necessary for purchasing the products or getting them autographed. I believe the appointments were only needed if you wanted to get a "makeover" from a Stila stylist.
re: Does anyone know...
 May 20 2004, 06:19:43 PM
Hey Toni,

I believe they will both be there tomorrow (barring illness). I'm going this Saturday night, the 22nd. :)

Have a good time - it's a fantastic show!

re: Outlawed Topics
 May 19 2004, 08:15:46 AM
Outlawed topics? You've got to be kidding me! If there is an "overdone thread" on the board - guess what? You're not obligated to read it. Just don't click your mouse on that topic. It's very easy.

Something to remember .... New members join this board every day, and what is "overdone" for some, is brand new to others. As someone who does a lot of reading posts on this board, and not too much posting - I'm so sick of the "I'm more important than you, how dare you ask that" attitude on h

re: hitchcock blonde
 May 17 2004, 08:27:07 AM
Actually, it was three stories .... 1919, 1959, and 1999.

"Be prepared to travel through time if you see Terry Johnson's critically acclaimed play Hitchcock Blonde.
Starring Rosamund Pike and William Hootkins, the play shifts between 1919, 1959 and 1999; it's been described as dark and deep, and touches on the relationships of dysfunctional men and younger women.

The play is about the search for the true Hitchcock, and the three plots interweave: In 1999 we see a middle aged university lecturer luring a student to a Greek island to restore a lost Hitchcock film.

Go back in time to 1959 and we see Hitchcock himself scrutinising Janet Leigh's body double (played by Rosamund Pike) in Psycho.

Eventually the plot takes the audience to 1919 and a recreation of a lost Hitchcock film that explores the film maker's obsession with Blonde women.

Along the way, the complex plot takes in diverse themes including relationships, hilarious observations on the fifty-something generation, as well as dodgy tourists and snobbery in the British film Industry."

Here's a link as well:

http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/reviews/hitchcockblonde.html
http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/reviews/hitchcockblonde.html>http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/reviews/hitchcockblonde.html

re: hugh jackman on today show?
 May 7 2004, 08:54:32 AM
I just did a little search and although I didn't find anything out about Hugh for today, I did see that "Weekend Today" will have a couple of Broadway performances this summer ...
May 15 --> BROADWAY'S 'WONDERFUL TOWN'
and
June 12 --> BROADWAY'S 'WICKED'

re: re: re: re: How to enjoy theatre - or life in general
 May 3 2004, 08:22:34 AM
Welcome!

I share your thoughts about the negative energy on this board ... thanks for actually posting about it! It's great to read your reviews as well. I'm off to NYC in three weeks, and will be seeing some of the same shows. :)

re: Wicked Cancellation Tickets/Lottery
 Apr 21 2004, 10:57:24 PM
Hi there,

I don't know about cancellation tix or partial view, but I do have experience with the lottery rush for WICKED. For the Sat night show you need to get in line around 5:30pm or so. The drawing will be held at 6pm. However, for you to get 3 tix in the lottery, two of you will have to win. (It's a max of 2 tickets per person). From my experience, the lottery is pretty tough. I tried twice, and won the second time ... but it was a fluke for me. It was crazy busy the week I was there

THANKS!
 Apr 16 2004, 04:51:32 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for their advice ... I went ahead and purchased a full price ticket (yikes! impulse buy!) to Avenue Q --> it's: Left Orchestra, Row P, on the center aisle .... good? I hope so. I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

I'll definitely check out TKTS for a ticket to RENT; and thanks to "jakebloke" for the scoop on the $26 tix to Assassins on the day of the show - that sounds great.

Help - what shows to see in May?
 Apr 15 2004, 09:25:25 PM
Okay … I need some help. I’m sure people post these threads all the time … but I’m new-ish here, so please bear with me. :)

I’m going to NYC in late May and would like some suggestions on what shows to see ...

I saw WICKED in March, and loved it (yes, I’m an Oz-head – please hold your comments. I know how many different opinions there about it on this board – ha ha). So, I’m going to see it again on this next trip … I also saw Thoroughly Modern Millie in March, so that’s out as wel

re: re: re: Wicked/Rent student rush
 Apr 15 2004, 05:26:49 PM
If you're thinking of going tonight ... you need to be there already :)

I've done the WICKED rush several times - and won once! --> here's the deal ... for 8pm shows you need to be there by 5:30pm to put your name in ... and then you have to hang around until 6pm to hear the drawing. I'm pretty sure RENT is the same deal; so unless you have someone else who can stand and listen to the drawing there - you can only do one or the other. You have to be present at 6pm to win ...

re: re: re: Wicked in May?
 Apr 8 2004, 10:54:19 AM
Actually, I couldn't agree with you ... LESS. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Eden Espinosa is just fine in the role; however ... Idina Menzel is amazing - her voice alone gives me chills. I'll be one very lucky patron to see Idina perform again --> here's hoping. :)

Thanks to those of you that responded to my original question. I'm going on May 21st, so I'll be safe from Kristin's Candide absence.

Angie

Wicked in May?
 Apr 7 2004, 11:32:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around reading posts for a month or so, but just joined today.

Someone mentioned that Kristin will be away from WICKED in May ... does anyone know of those exact dates? Also, does Idina have any scheduled days off? (i'm a much bigger fan of Idina, but of course would like both of them to be there).

I was lucky enough to win front row seats in the rush lottery to WICKED about 3 weeks ago. It was a Sat. matinee and both 'stars' were there - no

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You