News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CurtainUp

CurtainUp Profile Photo
Member Name: CurtainUp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances  Aug 22 2006, 04:57:15 PM
I Would give SO MUCH to see Angela Lansbury, as Lovett, Gypsy or Mame.

Carol Channing as Dolly
Second Jerry Orbach in the Fantasticks

re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'  Aug 21 2006, 11:14:43 PM
"The I Love You Song" - Spelling Bee

And oddly, the con-men duo numbers: "Dirty Rotten Number" from DRS and the end of "Prisoners of Love (Leo & Max)" from the Producers

"One Day More" - Les Mis

...several more that I can't think of right now.

re: Cabaret in DC  Aug 21 2006, 10:05:11 PM
Darn me for going to college farish away from home! My folks have a subscription to Arena and are seeing this. Brad Oscar is going to be the Emcee and Meg Guillentine will be Sally Bowles (she was Lola in "Damn Yankees" there and was an usherette in the Producers, and in "Frogs").
re: Songs you would like to hear sung by other artists  Aug 15 2006, 07:08:11 PM
Stephanie D'abruzzo, Kristen Chenoweth and Megan Mullally singing "You Could Drive a Person Crazy" from Company.
Celia Keenan-Bolger singing "I Know Things Now."

re: Real Actors Do Spit  Aug 13 2006, 05:42:08 PM
Douglass Sills did in "Little Shop"...ironically, the end of his main song he says "Now, Spit!" I love him.
Worst. Lyrics. EVER.  Aug 13 2006, 12:30:09 AM
Actually, the most of the lyrics to La Vie Boheme are EXTREMELY relevant. Sure, a few are forced but there are several fan sites that go through each word of the song. They ARE all parts of the bohemian culture.

re: perfect roles for stars  Aug 13 2006, 12:26:59 AM
Sarah Gettelfinger was BORN to play Lola in Damn Yankees.
Kelli O'Hara as Julie Jordan in Carousel
Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mark in Rent
Hunter Foster as Mark in Rent
Danny Burstein as Max Bialystock (He's not as "big" as the typical Max, but I think he could definitely pull it off)
Sherie Renee Scott as Julia in the Wedding Singer
Beth Leavel as Muriel in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

And a random thought: could Sarah Silverman pull a Stephen Lynch and be in a musical

re: Most Erotic Musical?  Aug 6 2006, 10:57:36 PM
Not bluntly, but Little Shop of Horrors has tons of innuendo and sexual undertones.
re: Broadway for Halloween  Aug 6 2006, 07:05:42 PM
Eponine from Les Mis is SO easy. Oversized coat, pants, shirt and a newsboy cap. The Rent Crew may not be that hard either.

*edit* Peter Pan is fun, too. Me and my boyfriend are both what you would call slight, and did Peter Pan in drag. I wore my guy friend's big green shirt, green tights and scarf-belt and sword and was Peter and my boyfriend found the gaudiest Tinkerbell costume. It was a blast.
Also, if you're willing to go more old fashioned, Cinderella before the ball is VERY

re: {title of show} and DROWSY get Simonized.  Aug 6 2006, 07:03:51 PM
"They should contain something universal that, translated, speaks to every part of the civilized world." Clearly very few people use art, music, or any other hobbies, to mentally escape. Must just a select few. *sighs*
re: 24601!  Aug 3 2006, 07:31:23 PM
I saw it at Stagedoor Manor once three years back, and the kid there was pretty incredible.
But as far as Broadway goes, I've only seen J. Mark McVey but he was phenomenal. And a sweetie when I met him (my second cousin's a friend!)

re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?  Aug 3 2006, 07:18:06 PM
The blue blanket in the Producers was the first to come to mind
The yellow scarf in 42nd Street

re: Dangerous Drought of Dashing Men on Broadway  Aug 3 2006, 07:16:34 PM
I prefer the quirky-cute (Norbert Butz, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Stephen Lynch) types more But, if Troy Britton Parker (Robert Martin in Drowsy Chaperone) isn't dashing, I don't know who is! As mentioned, Hugh is simply beautiful.

re: Make Someone Happy - Do Re Mi  Aug 2 2006, 09:54:17 PM
That's it, sweetestsiren! Thanks so much!
re: Who saw Chris Kattan in The Frogs during previews?  Aug 2 2006, 09:16:01 PM
He wasn't incredible, but I thought he was pretty adequate. He's kind of a one-trick pony, but I thought his trick worked fine for the role. His voice wasn't amazing, but I didn't think it was anything awful either.
Make Someone Happy - Do Re Mi  Aug 2 2006, 08:53:22 PM
So, I heard "Make Someone Happy from "Do Re Mi" on Sirius Radio Broadway and really enjoyed it. I know it's a famous song, and lyrics are all over the internet to covers if the song. HOWEVER, what I really adored was the verse before the first "make someone happy" (the intro, I suppose) which is proving to be very difficult. Can anybody help?
re: If you could pick ONE performer to do a one-(wo)man show, who would it  Jul 24 2006, 11:01:15 PM
I would KILL to see Lansbury. And then put my victims into pies. What about Carol Channing? She's quite the marvelous presence.
jukebox musicals you would actually see?  Jul 24 2006, 10:09:54 PM
I saw this idea somewhere, Meat Loaf
re: Shows You Would Want To See But Only If They Were Half Price  Jul 23 2006, 05:59:29 PM
Lt of Inishmore was perfect on TKTS
Wedding Singer
Forbidden Broadway

re: Celebrities that you've seen other than at a show or at the stage door  Jul 23 2006, 05:16:59 PM
Robert Goulet coming out of the stagedoor for DRS, I believe.
Kitty Carlisle Hart in the bar before After the Fall. She. looks. BEAUTIFUL!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You