perfect roles for stars

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#0perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:05pm

I always find myself thinking "you know who would e great in this role" and I was wondering if you guys did. If so who do you think would pe perfect for what role, for me its Mandy Patinkin as jean Valjean.

#1re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:17pm

LOL ... he's too busy doing commercials for some cholesteral-reducing product.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:21pm

Bernadette Peters as "Mrs. Lovett" in Sweeney Todd

Marissa Tomei as "Charity Hope Valentine" in Sweet Charity

Julia Murney as "Daisy Hilton" in Side Show

Audra McDonald as "Cunegonde" in Candide

Jennifer Hope Wills as "Clara Johnson" in The Light in the Piazza

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/27/06 at 05:21 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#3re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:31pm

I have alwasy wanted to see Mandy as Valjean, too re: perfect roles for stars And I think he would make an excellent Tevye.

Emmy Rossum would be an exquisite Cosette in LES MIZ.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#4re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:45pm

I think Orfeh would be a PHENOMENAL Lady of the Lake in Spamalot, and I would love to see David Josefsberg as Freddy in DRS.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#5re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 5:54pm

Harvey Fierstein as Maria Josepha

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#6re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 6:06pm

Marin Mazzie as Margaret in LITP.
Will Chase as Freddy in DRS.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:00pm

LOL ... he's too busy doing commercials for some cholesteral-reducing product.

I would need some of that if I ever saw him as Valjean.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#8re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:08pm

Not a Broadway person but I can see Jack Black as Freddy in DRS. That is if he can sing.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#9re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:25pm

I'd like to hear Lauren Molina's interpretation of Clara in Piazza.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#10re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:29pm

I agree with Marin as Margaret in TLITP.

Celia as Clara too. I know this has already happened, but I would love to see it for myself.

Audra Mcdonald as Margaret when the time is right for a revival, and when Audra is old enough.

Updated On: 6/27/06 at 08:29 PM

2 Profile Photo
#11re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:45pm

That would work if she could actually hit those notes...you know, without the help of a computer...
Updated On: 6/27/06 at 08:45 PM

snl89
#12re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 8:46pm

I was TOTALLY thinking the same thing last time I listened to Les Miz!! she'd be amazing!!

ummm... Idina needs to do Susan in Tick Tick Boom... just because I NEED to hear her do Come To Your Senses. I just need to :P And she'd make an amaazing Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes too!!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

#13re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 9:00pm

Mark Price as Boq in Wicked.
He'd be perfect. True, he's doing MARY POPPINS now and this would seem almost too Dennisy but it would be good.
He'd be better than Jeffry Kuhn.

Jenn Gambatese as Hope Harcourt in ANYTHING GOES, she'd be amazing.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#14re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 9:06pm

Lolita, use < > instead of [ ].

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Blanche Profile Photo
Blanche
#15re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 10:22pm

Andrea Rivette as Fantine

&OneForMahler
#16re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 10:42pm

I totally agree with Lauren Molina as Clara in Light in the Piazza.

And I would love to see Sutton Foster's take on Fanny Brice in Funny Girl.

<--- me & Erin Davie =) omigod, omigod you guys...

2 Profile Photo
#17re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 10:48pm

Thank you, WickedGeek28.

#18re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 10:56pm

For some strange reason, I think Sara Ramirez would make a good Max Bialystock in The Producers (like if she were a guy or the role was made for a woman... or something.).

Barrett Foa as Link in Hairspray
Bernadette Peters as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd

#19re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 10:56pm

"Barrett Foa as Link in Hairspray "

Agreed, LadyofTheLake.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#20re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 11:05pm

I love Mandy, but I can't quite see him as Valjean. He's got all that energy, while Valjean has more of a serene quality to him most of the time. I'd be afraid Mandy would blow a gasket trying to keep his exuberance bottled up. re: perfect roles for stars But I've only ever seen him in concert, not musicals or plays, so maybe he'd be better at it than I think.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#21re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 11:46pm

Kelli O'Hara as Clara...this time in Passion, not Piazza! re: perfect roles for stars

pandajen14 Profile Photo
pandajen14
#22re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/27/06 at 11:57pm

I've always wanted to see Roger Bart perform Bobby's songs in Company. I don't know if he's really right for the role, though...

I think Sutton's done Les Mis before, but her Eponine would be amazing.

What about Beth Leavel as Mrs. Lovett? I think she'd be able to do something really quite different with the role.

"Writing should be easy, like a monkey driving a speedboat..." -[title of show] "I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and meet up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#23re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:06am

Hahahaha ladyofthelake, on your comment about Sara!

"Not a Broadway person but I can see Jack Black as Freddy in DRS. That is if he can sing."

Did you ever see School of Rock? He really doesn't have a bad singing voice. It has an edge to it, which I think would be good for the role of Freddy. I mean seriously, I totally see Jack Black singing "culture and sophistication...pouring out my ass!" and "I win, I win, I win I win I win!" I think it would be hilarious; Jack Black is very comedic.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/28/06 at 12:06 AM

pandajen14 Profile Photo
pandajen14
#24re: perfect roles for stars
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:08am

Jack Black would ROCK as Freddy. That is some stunt casting I would like to see. Actually, I think Jack Black would be a good Broadway actor in general.

"Writing should be easy, like a monkey driving a speedboat..." -[title of show] "I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and meet up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Videos