News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for questeclectic

questeclectic Profile Photo
Member Name: questeclectic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
 Feb 2 2007, 12:51:49 AM
There's some huge talent here, both major and minor players.

When someone is trying to make a positive point about a show and the example they give is that the cast is very talented, I'm sorry to say that they're not moving their argument forward.
-------------------------------------------------------------

OK, true. We should expect the cast of a Broadway-bound show to be talented. You're absolutely correct.

However the argument I was trying to move forward

Feb 1 2007, 11:17:41 PM
I just reviewed the clip again, and the key issues I see with it as a marketing vehicle are:

1) the clips focus on snippets of songs that don't necessary show off the show - or even the songs themselves - to best advantage. "Chip On My Shoulder" is a strong song and Christian Borle absolutely sells it on stage. However the clip they show comes at the very end of the song and is out of context...you're missing the buildup that makes the end so satisfying.

2) the clips com

Feb 1 2007, 06:07:24 PM
For what it's worth, I went to the preview of LB on Sunday. I must admit this was never a show I would have chosen for myself. Didn't see the movie to begin with, and I'd been given a 3-song preview CD that was being passed out at some local shows recently. My reaction to the CD was that the music was a rehash of every show you've seen for the past 20 years.

So I did not go expecting anything, but I had a 12-year old niece with a birthday, and there I was.

Two w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You