News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWWMatt

BWWMatt Profile Photo
Member Name: BWWMatt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Janice
 Aug 12 2018, 10:59:41 PM
Hi all, I think by any measure, it is pretty safe to assume that “Janice” was a troll. We let “her” original thread go for a while, as people were having fun with it, but when the poster started commenting on multiple other threads in rapid succession, with increasingly illegible spelling and punctuation, we decided to cut it off.

As long as that doesn’t happen this time, there’s no reason why this thread can’t continue. It’s probably better on the Off-Topic board, but since the “Saga O

It's Really Tacky For Republican Ads to be on this site
 Jun 3 2018, 10:34:58 PM

Since the original issue of this thread has been addressed, we are going to lock this thread before it gets too far off topic, since we're already bordering on some posts that violate the rules. Have a good night, all!

Help! Website won't let me type a message other than in this subject box. What's up??
 May 22 2018, 07:59:54 PM

Re: enjoyable2: This is likely the result of an ad or script blocker that you are using on your browser. If you disable, you should be able to use the board as normal. 

NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
 May 19 2018, 10:43:44 AM

Hi all, I hope your Saturday is going well. I think at this point it's probably best if we keep the religious debate out of this thread moving forward. If you would like to have that discussion, I welcome you to start a thread in the Off-Topic board. That topic is understandably personal and can cause significant disagreement, so I am confident that we can all agree that out of respect for Miles and her family, that it might be better to have that conversation elsewhere.&nb

Is it time for a mass exodus from Broadway World?
 May 10 2018, 10:36:37 PM

Hi everyone, I just returned to my computer for the first time in a few hours, and I'm going to lock this one down for the rest of the night, and go through the posts. I think everyone's perspectives and opinions are clear here. We will examine if reopening the thread is productive in the morning. As I said in another thread last night, obviously people are able to start new threads overnight, so if you feel compelled to do that to continue this debate, please do it in a way that avoi

May 10 2018, 06:46:24 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Seriously though, get rid of the friggin' pop-up ads. I know you need money to run your site, but come on."

Could you send me a screenshot of what pop-ups you are seeing? And maybe the device/browser you are seeing them on. There should not be any pop-ups of any kind showing up. 

matt [at] broadwayworld dot com

O'Brien's Reason for Cutting the Final Scene of Act 1 in
 May 10 2018, 05:24:25 PM

I really do appreciate that, Concierge (can I call you Concierge?). Trust me, we don't like having to delete stuff, and we even more hate having anything that is offensive posted on the board, but it's part of having a message board. 

I appreciate your (and others' willingness to contribute as we work on these things, it does make this a much better process. 

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season
 May 10 2018, 05:21:43 PM

Three posts were deleted in this thread, as they were between two people who were arguing and trading insults off the topic of the thread. Not to mention that they both mentioned that they wanted to get the thread back on track. So, let's do that, please

May 10 2018, 05:18:59 PM

rjm516 said: "The racism stuff is despicable. You cannot in good faith delete comments from people calling OUT racism but leave the racist comments there with seemingly no opposition. So immature to have staff's personal feelings reflected in their censorship."

rjm, I can't tell you with 100% certainty that personal feelings played zero part in what you are calling censorship, as what was edited/deleted occurred on both sides of that discussion, and Alan made

May 10 2018, 05:15:55 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I think calling a seasoned director's direction "idiotic" is completely warranted by a ticketbuyer and theatergoer in a discussion forum that is intended to discuss theatre."

Believe it or not, I 100% agree with you, and I think you have perfectly articulated the line between what we think is acceptable, and what maybe isn't. If you had worded the post in question like you did above, it would not have been an issue for us at

May 10 2018, 05:00:23 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "JSquared2 said: "Hopefully BWW will now be losing a big bunch of crybabies."

Is this a personal targeted attack that should be deleted or is this a post that furthers open and free discussion?
"

Scotty, probably neither, as JSquared wasn't "attacking" anyone personally, but was clearly insulting posters. However, I also don't think that it advances the conversation. Obviously this thread isn

May 10 2018, 04:48:40 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "BWWMatt, the transparency is great, and I appreciate the steps you've been taking toward it. My issue is that you guys seem to be deciding what warrants being taken down without grounds. What's the difference between my calling a director an "idiot" and an earlier user calling him a "fool" (in a post which has been left up above)? Does one term—both of which are directly critical—simply prickle your skin less?"

May 10 2018, 04:13:09 PM

Sondheimite and BroadwayConcierge, one of the things that users have said repeatedly over the last few days is that they would like transparency and explanations as to what is deleted from this board. So, rather than removing entire posts-- which often robs the board of other valuable contributions in those posts-- we are making it clear when an action has been taken. 

We know that some people will complain about that, but others will complain if we simply delete and don'

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season
 May 10 2018, 04:06:11 PM

Ok folks, we have deleted and edited some posts in this thread, and as we are trying to address those things, we keep getting more posts that need attention. The topic of this thread is the announced revival of "The Secret Garden." If we can get this thread back focused on that, it would be appreciated. If not, we will simply have to lock it, as the conversation would have obviously reached its natural conclusion. 

Please remember that while we want you to share your pas

Agent complains: Minorities are 'putting talented white performers out of work ... and it stinks'
 May 9 2018, 11:24:40 PM

Ok folks, I think it's time to take a deep breath here, as things are getting heated to a point where it is derailing the conversation completely. It is 11:25 p.m. EDT as I type this, and I think the best thing to do right now is to lock this thread for the night, as even lowly moderators have to sleep some time, and I would hate for this to get to a point where we would have to delete things en masse in the morning.

When I log on in the morning, we will unlock th

Agent complains: Minorities are 'putting talented white performers out of work ... and it stinks'
 May 9 2018, 02:54:18 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "That's quite an interesting response, especially your use of the term "echo chamber". I think what is considered a personal attack and what is not needs to be defined more because the way it's being enforced seems selective and/or arbitrary and the term itself is vague since there are so many posts that are up that can be construed as a "personal attack"."

Yes, you are right, clearly there is a level of subjec

May 9 2018, 01:53:02 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "What about posts that really are blatant attacks on POC and targeting black people specifically? Those posts have been left up in numerous threads."

Scotty, going back through this thread, while I personally might disagree with any number of the posts (and even find some offensive), nothing in this thread seems to rise to the level of an attack. One of the reasons that message boards exist is for people to discuss and debate things

May 9 2018, 11:14:50 AM

Just to be clear, the only posts that have been deleted from this thread are ones that were personally attacking other people or using profanity, as those things are violations of our rules. All other posts discussing the topic of the thread have remained. In fact, in an effort to maintain the discourse in as productive of a manner as possible, whenever feasible, we have removed personal attacks/profanity from posts, but left the rest of the message up (the edit is noted in the post

May 8 2018, 06:24:15 PM

Hi all, we've deleted some posts in here that included personal attacks on people. Clearly this topic is going bring heated debate, but please keep it at that- debate about the topic, not personal insults. I know that might not be easy when discussing race, especially when fairly controversial actions are being suggested, but in order to keep the conversation constructive, we ask that you try to stay on topic. Thanks. 

Why was my Ethan Allen Sondheim commercial thread deleted??
 Mar 5 2018, 09:19:55 AM

It appears that the thread was accidentally included with pruning of threads that had offensive content. We apologize for the mistake. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You