News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FutureGM

Member Name: FutureGM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Fair Lady seating- 2nd row aisle Loge vs. left side Orchestra Row D, ,seats 103-104
 Jul 2 2018, 01:16:31 AM

Hello again!

With all due respect, OlBlueEyes, I work at the Beaumont and Row D in the 100 section begins with 101. The "tunnel" you speak of affects the 200 and 400 sections of the Orchestra (which, if you look at the seating chart, there is kind of a rectangle of space next to Rows B-E in 200 and 400). The "tunnel" is connected to the stage by stairs and does not affect the seating in the 100 section of the theatre.

Irishgator1, if you are still looking to

My Fair Lady seating- 2nd row aisle Loge vs. left side Orchestra Row D, ,seats 103-104
 Jul 1 2018, 06:07:07 PM

Hello!

Orchestra Row D begins with 101, so 103 will not be on the aisle. If those are your only two options, then I would go with the Loge seats as they are definitely on the aisle.

Help!! Majestic theater seat advice
 Mar 14 2018, 12:31:15 PM

If you still have the option for front row of the Mezz, I would still recommend this. If memory serves, the overhang for the mezz is Row H or so in the orchestra, so you would be sitting closer than Row N.

Help!! Majestic theater seat advice
 Mar 14 2018, 11:56:46 AM

Hello!

Having seen Phantom at the Majestic more times than I care to admit, I would highly recommend sitting in the front row of the mezz. I won't say why, but the view is perfect and you will not miss a thing.

I will say I have generally sat more central, rather than to the far sides. Most recently, I took my parents to see this and we sat Row C (2-6) and we still had full view and didn't miss anything.

Jobs in a broadway house that are NOT performing
 Mar 21 2017, 02:18:13 PM

It really depends. Honestly, each of the ones you listed have separate requirements and/or unions (with the exception of the usher and ticket taker; they are the same union).

For instance, I am a floor director/backup ticket taker for my theatre and I got the job because I previously worked in concessions for the same theatre and the house manager knew who I was. So, in that case, it was all about who you know. To work in concessions though, I applied for that job when it was posted on

Hamilton Bway
 Jun 24 2016, 08:45:04 PM

I can't speak to if he is performing on Sunday, however, I can say he is still with the show. His final performance is the evening performance on July 9th.

Kelli O'Hara to depart King and I April 17, Marin Mazzie joins cast May 3
 May 20 2016, 11:53:46 AM

I must agree with JIMG3. I am an usher at the Beaumont and, though I will not speak to the personal lives of anyone I work with, I will say your "source" definitely has inaccurate information.

I will say this, in general, the availability of the ushers (for any show) does not correlate to how long a show will be open. If someone on staff were to go on maternity or sick leave, the theatre would just use sub-ushers in their place.It certainly would not be a reason the show

Parade in Concert 2/16/15 - Extra Ticket for Sale
 Feb 16 2015, 06:22:31 PM
I would but $170 is too rich for my blood. Enjoy the show!
Parade in Concert 2/16/15 - Extra Ticket for Sale
 Feb 16 2015, 04:25:46 PM
Still available?
Excessive tactics over taking pictures in the theater
 Feb 16 2015, 01:39:27 PM
I am an usher at a Broadway house. We do have an announcement, as well as a large insert that goes in the Playbill instructing people to turn off their phones/electronic devices. The paper might as well be blank, and the announcement might as well be in Japanese for all the good they do. We still have to keep an eye on the audience and take care of those people who are taking photos, recording, or playing poker on their phones (honest to goodness, this was an actual patron).

I agree tha

What do the non profits pay a
 Jan 26 2015, 10:53:37 AM
Hopefully this will help:

http://www.actorsequity.org/docs/rulebooks/LORT_Rulebook_13-17.pdf

That is the current LORT Rulebook for Equity. LCT, MTC, and Roundabout have their own sections at the end.

Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
 Oct 17 2014, 03:45:18 PM
It is more like this: http://explore.peterpantheshow.com/

It is a 360 degree theatrical experience. As mentioned, they travel with the custom theatre space (huge, in-the-round dome), and as you'll see with Peter Pan, instead of, say, backdrops, they project the scenery around the inside of the dome.

It is styled to be a play with music.

I attended a private meeting about it and saw the theatre space mockup. Everything (Box, concessions, merch) are all a part of this portable venue. Which is why it is also in each city for longer than one night; it would just be impractical to set up this huge space, only to take it down a few days later.

Phantom fans please help, what are THE BEST SEATS?
 Aug 8 2014, 05:15:04 PM
I have to agree with the Front Row mezzanine. Yes, it is cool to sit under the chandelier when it falls, but I love being able to see the whole set. Also, sitting in the orchestra, it is difficult to see the Phantom at the end of Act 1.

Also, keep in mind that if you would like to Sierra Boggess as Christine, she does not perform on Mondays or Saturday matinees.

What is so bad about bootlegs?
 Jul 18 2014, 12:16:34 PM
It does not excuse the fact that you are recording someone without their consent. There are professional recordings of performances (RENT, Shrek, Oklahoma!, etc.) that went through all the requirements in order for future generations to enjoy that particular production. Also, all those involved were properly compensated as per union contracts.

I also never said all the actors and musicians; I said "a great number" (just check out their twitters these days). I never doubted there would b

What is so bad about bootlegs?
 Jul 18 2014, 11:29:39 AM
To answer the question: everything and all things. That is what is so bad about bootlegs. First, contrary to popular belief, most actors can see you and feel it's highly insulting that you can't pay attention to what's happening on stage and would rather spend your time recording a grainy, second rate version of their show.

Second, it is one thing to post them on YouTube, but to seek funds for these recordings is just heinous. Everything that occurs on that stage is copyrighted and, unl

Bad Theater Behavior
 Jul 9 2014, 04:30:32 PM
Being an usher myself, I always get a bit miffed when I attend a show and their ushering staff does nothing. For instance, I attended a show last week and there were quite a number of things going down that would never happen at my own theatre.

1. The picture taking, sweet baby jesus, the picture taking. I do not understand why people seem to think that this is ok. It is also highly dangerous for the actors. But the ushers did nothing. There was even a point an actor gave a death stare

Stage Dooring at Les Mis
 Jun 30 2014, 02:14:47 PM
I have to disagree. If he didn't mind he likely would not have mentioned it. The way I read it is that he would prefer people to ask if they can record him before blatantly doing so. His follow up is that he would still tell you no, but that he appreciates being asked. Taking photos is one thing but videotaping is just invasive.
Stage Dooring at Les Mis
 Jun 30 2014, 11:15:05 AM
And, in Ramin's own words:

?@raminkarimloo (his Twitter for any fans out there)
"In the spirit of good etiquette, it would be nice to be asked if myself/others mind being video'd at stage door before pressing record. Ps. My answer would be no. Still, nice to meet you all. Love. X"

Simple Questions: Any and all responses are welcome
 Jun 17 2014, 01:50:33 PM
Hello All!

For those of you who generally purchase show merchandise: why do you?

What entices you? Is there anything in particular that draws your eye? What do you generally purchase (any one particular item you have a collection you add to, ie. pins, keychains)? What was the best/most unique Broadway souvenir you ever purchased?

For those that do not: why not?

Is there something that you wish was offered that is not? How could a merchandiser entice you to pur

How disruptive is a Live from Lincoln Center taping for that performance's audience?
 Jun 7 2014, 12:25:08 AM
Please read my amended comment. Thank you!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You