News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?

Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
Posted: 10/17/14 at 1:43pm

There was an audition posting for a new tour of Around the World in 80 Days. I'm assuming it's an English production given the creative team. It's suppose to play long engagements in "major US cities." And is an environmental staging including multi-media. Anyone seen this or any information? Sounds cool.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#2Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:43pm

Is this the Cole Porter show? If so, I would love to see it.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#3Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:50pm

Not Cole Porter. And not that one Sutton.

" Around the World in 80 Days is a love story and adventure extravaganza. This is a new version of the Jules Verne novel; not in any way based on the 1959 film. It will be performed in major US cities including New York and Los Angeles. The show tours in its own portable theatre space and will stay in each city for 7-11 weeks. The staging is completely environmental using multimedia as well as scenic devices based on Victorian Theatre."

Director: Sean Foley
Book: Mark Bussell and Justin Sbresni
Music & Lyrics: Chris Larner
Choreographer: Carrie-Anne Ingrouille
Musical Director: Andy Einhorn

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#4Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
Posted: 10/17/14 at 3:37pm

I wish someone would do some sort of restoration on the Cole Porter / Orson Welles version. I am obsessed with the songs on the radio broadcast with the OBC and the four sides recorded by one of the stars.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

FutureGM
#5Around the World in 80 Days: New Tour?
Posted: 10/17/14 at 3:45pm

It is more like this: http://explore.peterpantheshow.com/

It is a 360 degree theatrical experience. As mentioned, they travel with the custom theatre space (huge, in-the-round dome), and as you'll see with Peter Pan, instead of, say, backdrops, they project the scenery around the inside of the dome.

It is styled to be a play with music.

I attended a private meeting about it and saw the theatre space mockup. Everything (Box, concessions, merch) are all a part of this portable venue. Which is why it is also in each city for longer than one night; it would just be impractical to set up this huge space, only to take it down a few days later.

Videos