News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NY_Broadway2

NY_Broadway2 Profile Photo
Member Name: NY_Broadway2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Opera?
 Jan 8 2009, 01:12:46 PM
Lucia was the first opera I ever saw and I loved every second of it. It's my favorite that I've seen so far. (I haven't seen many but I plan on seeing them as often as I possibly can).
re: Zan Charisse in gypsy
 Jan 8 2009, 01:05:41 PM
I really need to go buy this recording just because I love Angela Lansbury so much. I'm interested to hear what it sounds like.
re: PBS to air McKellen's LEAR beginning March 25
 Jan 8 2009, 12:59:34 PM
Regardless if it's edited or not, I still can't wait to watch it! Although I would prefer unedited of course.
re: Espinosa Out as HAIR's Sheila?
 Jan 8 2009, 12:57:16 PM
I just want to know why she wouldn't do it? What else has she got to do?
re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Dec 23 2008, 09:15:04 AM
when half of the people in the show can't even sing a note on-key...i've seen that more than once
re: Anyone seeing WEST SIDE STORY in D.C. today?
 Dec 18 2008, 09:38:07 AM
I'm so interested in seeing this show. I'm very curious about the boy soprano as well. Spork - how do you feel about operatic countertenors then? Can you not stand it?
 Dec 17 2008, 09:03:08 AM
Why do boy sopranos creep you out? Just curious.
re: Riedel: Groff turns down HAIR because of the $$ (and some unrelated PAL JOEY stuff, too)
 Dec 17 2008, 08:56:53 AM
Groff did not win the Tony...they need to get their facts straight.
 Dec 16 2008, 09:57:38 AM
I have to see this production when it goes to New York! WSS is one of my favorite musicals and I would love to see a new interpretation of it. I hope they record a cd of it.
re: 20/20 - White high school doing 'The Wiz'
 Dec 16 2008, 09:54:19 AM
I agree high school isn't real life in any sense (although when you are there you think that's what life is like) but I think type casting just prepares them for what it's really like in the real world though unfortunately. I definitely believe in breaking stereotypes and color blind casting but, most people do get type casts based on their looks. It's especially good for the kids who want to perform professionally because it gets them accostumed to rejection. Like the one boy in the show who
re: 20/20 - White high school doing 'The Wiz'
 Dec 16 2008, 09:02:30 AM
Well I think that looks definitely play a big part in casting a show and, even if you are more talented than somebody else, if you don't look right for a role then you won't be cast. The one girl looked like Evilene was supposed to look and the other girl looked like Dorothy. I also think it's funny that a predominately white school chose to do The Wiz. But the director himself said he wanted to keep Dorothy black and some of the other characters because it was essential to the production.
re: What Annie Do you Like?
 Dec 10 2008, 08:54:15 AM
I've never seen the TV remake. I'm thinking about just buying it though. How was Audra McDonald?
re: 'Times are gritty.'
 Dec 5 2008, 01:17:56 PM
There's a school near where I live and they want to do this for their musical next year and all these parents are protesting it and complaining about what the show's about and all the elements contained in the musical....they are so dumb. If they would just watch it they would realize it doesn't even focus on all the elements they are complaining about (i.e. drugs, AIDS, etc). Why are people so protective?! Do they just want their kids to live in a bubble?
re: Angela Lansbury
 Nov 26 2008, 08:50:42 AM
Who cares?! She's a goddess beyond belief and we are lucky enough to have her coming back to the stage soon!! She's one of my all time favorite actresses!!!
re: Broadway Degrees of Separation
 Nov 26 2008, 08:26:03 AM
John McMartin was in Sweet Charity with Gwen Verdon
re: Hopes and Thoughts for West Side Story Revival
 Nov 5 2008, 08:31:41 AM
So are they translating all of the songs that the Puerto Ricans sing into Spanish or only certain ones? I like the idea of authenticity behind it but I would like to hear the original words written as well.
re: The best Mrs. Lovett
 Oct 14 2008, 08:36:40 AM
No one can ever top Angela Lansbury's Mrs. Lovett. She just IS that character.
re: Angela Lansbury joins Blithe Spirit
 Oct 14 2008, 08:31:58 AM
I have to go see this now! I've never seen her perform live and I think this will be my only chance so I'm definitely going to go. I'm so ecstatic! I didn't think she would come back to Broadway.
re: Reefer Madness Recording
 Sep 30 2008, 01:30:22 PM
My bad! I'm sorry everybody! I looked for it on the second page and didn't see it and I assumed nobody had brought it up. I didn't mean to already post something again. This can be deleted.
Reefer Madness Recording
 Sep 30 2008, 08:58:52 AM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/121845.html

I'm surprised nobody's posted about this. Or if they have I did not see it. Reefer Madness is finally getting re-released for everybody who never got a copy of it with both the LA and Movie recordings in a double disc cd.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You