News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chrissydee

chrissydee Profile Photo
Member Name: chrissydee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Last Five Years Film Adaption  Jun 21 2013, 11:30:40 AM
But will it beat Bombshell for the Oscar.... wait.... what.... I'm confused.

Im in the UK, and big distribution or not it's great a relatively unknown musical is getting the chance to hit bigger audiences. Whether it goes on to get nominated for awards shouldn't be the priority yet.... let's just hope it's a good film that we can enjoy!

Oh, and Can they make a Urinetown film already?!?

Miss Saigon Movie Cast  Feb 24 2013, 12:14:28 PM
Engineer; Mickey Rooney ala Breakfast at Tiffany's.
MY FAIR LADY coming back to Broadway in 2014?  Feb 7 2013, 05:09:31 PM
OK.....

Not posted for a while. Casting I have had in my head for a LONG long time.... he's already English, and has an attractiveness/charm....

Hugh Laurie. Higgins. Made in heaven.

If you have a Hugh, you can cast Eliza well...... As much as they'd LOVE a name.... surely one of the most successful UK/US exports/well paid stars would be a draw....

and, to chime in on the 'snooze fest'.... I agree, in as much as Oklahoma!, and many other classics cab be desc

Les Miserables Movie Auditions/Casting Info  Oct 15 2011, 01:55:47 PM
A friend of mine is an agent, and the casting directors will not see Radcliffe for Marius apparently. They just don't want him!
Julie Taymor vs. SPIDER-MAN Lawsuit News  Sep 22 2011, 10:29:53 AM
Whats the show curtain like? Any merchandise?
Did Kristin Chenoweth just announce the On the Twentieth Century revival?  Sep 14 2011, 10:27:08 AM
"and if it happens they might as well just go ahead and reproduce Robin Wagner's scenery. There could be nothing more stunning"

Tru-dat.

Daphne in Les Mis  Sep 4 2011, 01:50:47 PM
She's a used up, wasting away hooker. She should sound messed up. I actually think she SINGS its better than she acts it!
The best stunt casting ever?  Sep 4 2011, 10:47:16 AM
Richard Dreyfuss in The Producers in London Original Cast (or not...!), could that be considered stunt casting? He couldn't do the role, so much he had to 'pull out' and even said on live TV to the audiences "not to come" yet and to "wait until the actors are having fun".... Shortly after Nathan Lane was on a plane and being paid more than any other actor in West End history (Apparently).

Surely something like that (Dreyfuss, not Lane) is STUNT? Whereas lane is the star...!

Thats my 2cents....

the reprise is better than the song....  Jun 23 2011, 04:52:47 AM
Fun game... name songs of which you prefer the reprise....

I'll Cover You reprise from RENT always kills me!

:)

Is the new RENT being discriminatory?  Mar 14 2011, 08:28:07 AM
@everythingtaboo >>> Correct. It's lazy, and safe. Its just a shame, as far as Im concerned, that they are not thinking outside the box casting wise.

They know if works and with something like RENT they want to get it on, make some money, and keep it as it is. I think they learnt from the AWFUL London production that if its not broke- don't fix it!

The Wizard of Oz: NEW SONG- Red Shoes Blues  Mar 4 2011, 08:43:51 AM
the show is just bad. I saw it last week. This number, although dreadful, is a highlight because of Hannah.

The entire production is lacklustre and boring, and wipes out the magic, fear, heart and soul that the original stories and the 1939 movie has/had.

Such a shame really... give me £5million and I'd create something much better than this. I couldn't see HOW you can mess up the Wizard of Oz.... but then I saw this.

The sad thing is that means no reputable or imag

Priscilla First Preview  Mar 2 2011, 09:16:41 AM
Im mixed about the show. Having only seen it in London I think it DOES miss a lot of the heart and soul of the film, and there are some beautiful moments missed- but it is very fun.

I never want to see a ping-pong ball again.

I like what I have heard of the changes, and if it finds its audience- similar to Mamma Mia! and Rock Of Ages - it'll do very well....

LES MISERABLES - THE MOTION PICTURE is finally back on track!  Feb 24 2011, 08:35:57 AM
Beiber should Play everyone. In different wigs.

Lea Michele was offered the recent(ish) Broadway production, but turned it down for Spring Awakening- I imagine they offered her the o2 concert- as Eponine was the last one to be announced and they were probably trying to court her.

I am for this movie being made- but it IS a movie, and therefore it needs strong strong actors. Im not feeling the Boe love, sorry.

I am loving Hugh Laurie for Thernadier (Or Patrick Stewar

Wicked and Ice Skating... TOGETHER  Feb 19 2011, 11:30:45 AM
Wizard of Oz on Ice was amazing! Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsNAVN5R7Q

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Nov 7 2010, 12:41:43 PM
Bette Midler turned down Sister Act on film, causing it to go to Whoopi!
Protesting THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS  Nov 7 2010, 08:38:13 AM
There were protests over Jerry Springer: The Opera here in the UK.... More so when it went on tour and was shown on the BBC than when it was in London.
Roles they DIDN'T get....  Nov 7 2010, 08:32:39 AM
Movies:

Toni Collette was (apparently!) offered Roxie in the Chicago movie, and Kathy Bates was first choice for Mama Morton. Apparently John Travolta was offered Billy Flynn too. And, as an interesting fact, apparently Babara Streisand was offered the film to direct.

Nicole Kidman was Ulla in the Producers film- but dropped out.

Sister Act On Broadway!  Oct 6 2010, 04:35:01 PM
I thought half of the show was amazing, and half a bore.

They need to cut the majority of the stuff for the men- no one cares!

They need to re-work the book- the three "supporting" nuns were so underwritten (which is confusing as they are so well written in the film!)

BUT I think it'll be nice on Broadway.

And its deffo not in Patinas contract-they are trying to woo a name apparently.

And apparently they have asked Kathy Najimy (the film Sister Ma

La Bete - Did Anyone Go?  Sep 26 2010, 11:11:45 AM
I saw it in London. I think the cast/production totally make up for the play.

That said, i dont think the play is awful. I was thoroughly entertained for about 1 1.2 hours, and then thought it drags on at the end a little too long.

Still, as has been said many a time here already, Mark Rylance and David Hyde Pierce are excellent, and play the roles at complete opposite ends of the spectrum to create, for me, a dynamite duo! I literally couldnt stop laughing for about 45mins w

New Video of 'Next to Normal' cast  Sep 25 2010, 03:57:27 PM
They llok incredible.......

Although her "I MISS THE MOUNTAINS" Looks like a parody by Forbidden Broadway.............

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You