News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jhonaker

jhonaker Profile Photo
Member Name: jhonaker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Nunsense.
 Mar 6 2008, 01:17:02 PM
Nunsense is great! Didn't really get into the 2nd one, though.
re: Wanted: 2 tickets to Sunday in the Park 3/22 evening show
 Mar 6 2008, 01:15:34 PM
Same question as Revolutionary. Is it like 2 hrs before curtain? 3?

TIA!

James

re: Wanted: 2 tickets to Sunday in the Park 3/22 evening show
 Mar 5 2008, 04:48:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I wanted to buy tickets for this show back when we scheduled, but the bf wanted Cry Baby, and we'd already seen a production of Sunday with Raul Esparza and Melissa Errico so I let him have his way.

Is Studio 54 where Apple Tree was? I only make it once or twice a year, so I've never learned which theatre is which.

Thanks again!

Wanted: 2 tickets to Sunday in the Park 3/22 evening show
 Mar 5 2008, 10:43:44 AM
Is He Dead closing early thew a wrench into my Broadway weekend trip, and now I've got a big void for Saturday Night, 3/22. If anyone finds out they have extra tickets for Sunday in the Park with George, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Wanted
Sunday in the Park with George
Saturday, 3/22 @ 8pm
2 tickets together center orchestra

Our current lineup is
Thurs - Cry Baby
Fri - Spring Awakening
Sat Matinee - Forbidden Broadway
Sat Ev

re: How often do you BUY a cast album
 Aug 7 2007, 01:15:15 PM
When I was in college and poor (paying for a burrito with nickles because I'd already gone through my quarters and dimes), I used to copy music and software.

Now I'm an adult, and I understand that people make their livings writing music and software, so I now purchase what I use.

A friend asked me to burn him the Hairspray soundtrack, and I said he should purchase it to support the creators. I don't know if he did or not, but I did purchase an extra copy, and if he hasn't alr

re: HAIRSPRAY Questions answered here! (inevitable Spoilers)
 Aug 2 2007, 01:53:35 PM
A friend of mine asked me to burn the soundtrack for him. I said that if he liked it, he should support the creators and purchase it (he has a good job and could easily afford it). So I ordered a 2nd CD which I'll give to him when it comes in. Maybe he'll feel guilty.

Oh, and I'll probably take my mom to see the movie when I visit her in a couple of weeks (making my 3rd time).

Aug 2 2007, 01:45:50 PM
You know, I remember that just coming out of my mouth and then asking Scott "Is there actually something called chocolate swirl?"

We both felt it was an ice cream flavor. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

(Now I'm hungry!)

Me too! Maybe Ben & Jerry could figure out what chocolate swirl was for a yummy little cross promotion? :)

Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream:
http://www.atkins.com/recipes/s/soft-chocolate-swirl-ice-cream-557

It's on the Atkins Plan... it can't be good.

I don't believe for a moment that Motormouth Maybelle was eating something from the Atkins Plan.

re: Standing ovation in the middle of the show?
 Aug 2 2007, 09:00:31 AM
I saw Carol in her revival of Hello, Dolly! in it's run to broadway, and just seeing her descend the staircase filled me with such joy and brought tears to my eyes. Heh, I'm such a sap. I'm all misty-eyed again just thinking about it.

I'm not surprised that she'd get at least 2 ovations at each performance.

Aug 1 2007, 10:08:57 AM
scoop me up a mess of that chocolate swirl

What is chocolate swirl anyway? Do you have a recipe you can share? :)

re: PHOTO: Kelly Osbourne as Matron 'Mama' Morton...
 Jul 31 2007, 01:26:36 PM
I want that top!

Sorry, Tink! Muscle saw him first.

And stupid little ol' me thought he was talking about the shirt.

re: Spring Awakening Stage Seats
 Jun 14 2007, 01:49:26 PM
"I think the ones they released last night are only for September."

Yup, I searched and found stage seats for 9/30 and not for 10/2. I'll go back and change my other post.

Jun 14 2007, 01:28:59 PM
I think the stage seats through labor day have been available for awhile now, and so are probably all gone. The ones they released last night are from 9/4 - 9/30.

Jun 14 2007, 01:20:53 PM
For anyone looking for SA stage seats, they evidently got released on Telecharge last night.
re: Spring Awakening National Tour
 Jun 14 2007, 07:52:02 AM
"stage seats for september just got released on telecharge tonight"

Thank you, thank you, thank you DrewT. I just got stage seats for my September trip!

James

re: Spring Awakenings - Am I Missing Something?
 Jun 13 2007, 09:42:09 AM
"I actually like the Masked Man idea better than the "live inside of Melchior" deal. He's delusional anyways, seeing his friends come up from the grave - how is the Masked Man thing any weirder?"

Doesn't seem that weird to me.

Sometimes people leave you
    halfway through the wood.
    Do not let it grieve you,
    No one leaves for good.
    You are not alone.
    No one is alone.

re: tony ratings from Variety
 Jun 12 2007, 01:37:19 PM
"I've been given several comp tickets to the Tony Awards. They are excellent seats down front, but many at CBS pass on them because they don't want to go."

How sad. I think it'd be incredible to attend the Tonys.

Jun 12 2007, 10:14:24 AM
"I'd be all over those tickets if I didn't have two finals to take tomorrow."

Good luck on your finals! I'm not going to be back up in NY till September.

Jun 12 2007, 10:12:26 AM
"Usually ticket releases for concerts, shows, and other live events go on sale Saturdays at 10 am."

Thanks. :) I wasn't even checking weekends, but I'll make sure I look on Saturdays.

Jun 12 2007, 09:24:46 AM
So, has anyone heard anything more on when they'll release the stage seats for the 9/4 - 12/23 set of tickets?
re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
 Jun 12 2007, 09:00:55 AM
"I hope that MARK INDELICATO doesn't read these posts."

In case he does, I love your work on Ugly Betty, and congrats on being part of the Tonys, at 12 no less!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You