pixeltracker

Who was that young boy on TONYS?

Who was that young boy on TONYS?

Trish2
#1Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:33pm

He announced his name and them introduced a segment. He may have been maybe 12 or 13 years old and was like a mini Tommy Tune. He just gave me the heebie jeebies. Was there no agent or manager to tell him how to conduct himself. Yeesch !

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
#2re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:34pm

He was from Ugly Betty

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:50pm

I was wondering who the hell that kid was too. I kept wondering if he was one of the Banks' boys from MARY POPPINS.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Shirley Hemphill Profile Photo
Shirley Hemphill
#3re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:00am

He's MARK INDELICATO -- star of Ugly Betty (he plays her nephew) -- he & his Ugly Betty character are HUGE Broadway fans, he even performed an entire number from Hairspray on an episode earlier this year. His character is loved & embraced by his family on the show just for being himself. Frankly, I find it wonderfully refreshing to see how totally accepted this kid can be these days... How awesome that he can be HIMSELF!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:01am

Good for him. Has he been on Broadway?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

misschung
#5re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:10am

ohh I was wondering who he was too - I definitely thought he was in Mary Poppins

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

curly120
#6re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:18am

That scene in Ugly Betty where he's doing the Hairspray number on the subway was classic! I was so happy to see him tonight and it's great that a such a mainstream, popular show is constantly bringing Broadway into its world.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#8re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:22am

Yes Munkstrap its called being camp (rolls eyes)

He sang the west side story song on the finale of betty so well

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 12:22 AM

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#9re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:23am

speaking of tommy tune...wtf.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Trish2
#10re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:31am

Yes, and to what will most likely be a limited career.

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#11re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:53am

He's great on Ugly Betty. His "Something's Coming" in the season finale was definitely one of the high points of the season

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

Fosse76
#12re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:49am

"Yes, and to what will most likely be a limited career."

Wow. You must feel good about yourself, passing judgment on a 12 year old boy who was merely introducing a segment.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#13re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:11am

He hasn't been on Broadway, but judging by his performing on 'Ugly Betty', he will be. Oh he will be. *nods firmly*

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#14re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:22am

I thought putting him into the show was really an inspired choice. Way to think outside the box.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#15re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:54am

Unless you don't actually watch Ugly Betty...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#16re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:58am

God I wish that they had let him open the show with "Good Morning Baltimore". It would have been the best performance of the night.

Fosse76
#17re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:40am

"God I wish that they had let him open the show with "Good Morning Baltimore". It would have been the best performance of the night."

That would have been excellent. They could have at least intorduced him since not everyone watches Ugly Betty. Or they could have had him replicate thta subway scene with a different song to introduce one of the musical numbers. What a wasted opportuninyt on behalf of the producers of the Tonys.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#18re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:45am

Congratulations to whomever thought of this!
Great idea to have him on the Tonys.
(He seemed a little nervous).

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#19re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:46am

He was amusing. As much as I dislike Spring Awakening, Zach Braff's introduction to it was my second favorite of the evening. My favorite, of course, was John Kander's standing ovation before "Show People."

Kringas
#20re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:50am

Was there no agent or manager to tell him how to conduct himself.

What was wrong with how he was conducting himself? Was it the swearing? The nudity? The way he gave Bernadette Peters the finger? Or was it simply because he didn't butch it up?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

#21re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:58am

Kringas I believe he was expected to be unable to read a teleprompter, look as if he had slept in his tuxedo and misprouncing a nominee's name. The rest of the male presenters got all that right.

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#22re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:08pm

Consider this:

How BRAVE for a 12 year old to portray an obviously gay character on a primetime show. Gay or not, he risks being typed so early in his career not to mention facing his peers in school and at home.

How DARING for a network to take the risk of having a pre-teen gay KID on a primetime show. Certainly a risk for the network who daily must face the Morality Police - the same ones who shut down "The Book of Daniel".

Bravo to both!

P.S. Let's not forget how talented he is. His performance on Ugly Betty is realistic and sensitive. He is being well trained. His voice will only grow and mature. I see him to one day be a fine singer.

Do I hear some Homophobia on the board here with some of the nasty remarks about him?
-e-

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#23re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:11pm

J'adore Mark Indelicato- he's like the one person who wasn't at the rehearsal who I wondered about where he'd be, what he'd be doing, etc. because I didn't hear his name mentioned anywhere at rehearsals either. He was too cute.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#24re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:11pm

OBNOXIOUS.

Kringas
#25re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:13pm

Oh, stop being such a bleeding heart. Let's keep mocking the nelly twelve year old!

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey