News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for overthemoonboy

Member Name: overthemoonboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BIG LOVE at Signature Theatre  Feb 9 2015, 12:38:08 AM
I was there tonight. This is brilliant, but clearly not for everyone. I heard murmurs beforehand from people who were there for "that girl in American Idiot" and because "I might have a thing for Bobby Steggert". What a treat for them to see this cast tackle incredibly tricky material. Tina's ensemble is clearly having a blast growing these beautiful characters. Chuck Mee gives you a text and endless choices. I'm sadly not surprised that people are throwing shade on these performers who ar
Toughest roles to sing  Aug 14 2010, 02:35:54 PM
Cunegonde is ridiculous. But every role has challenges.
Fela! -The Musical. In Cinemas Jan 13th 2011  Jul 6 2010, 01:23:18 AM
The choices for NT Live series two aren't that interesting overall. No desire for another Hamlet or Cherry Orchard.

Speak for yourself, Yankeefan. Hamlet and The Cherry Orchard never get old, and I think FELA! being shown in the same season is quite an honor. They are both works of genius.

Marin Mazzie to replace Alice Ripley in n2n?  May 25 2010, 08:06:37 PM
Just wanted to let people know that a friend of Alice (they went to school together) informed me that she most likely would not do the whole tour, just the opening gig or LA. This was a few weeks ago, though.
NFL Co-Produced LOMBARDI Opens on Broadway 10/21 at Circle in the Square; L  Apr 15 2010, 02:39:59 AM
Reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6v20SW6BA

re: Love's Labours Lost  Dec 12 2009, 03:52:27 AM
I caught in a few weeks ago when it was in Santa Barbara. It really is a wonderful production, and Blair is right about the ending. It gave me chills.

My BFA program was lucky enough to have a workshop with Phil Cumbus, the actor who plays the King of Navarre, and that was just spectacular! There was also a Q & A with the director, which was very interesting. All in all, don't miss this show!

re: Fanmade Movie Musical Posters  Aug 13 2009, 05:31:34 PM
I made this one in a Graphic Design class last year.

re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?  Jun 2 2009, 10:57:57 PM
Provocation, what a terrible idea. Your friend is an idiot.

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs  Feb 28 2009, 03:50:33 PM
"I have heard from a lot of actors that a good step is to go to a straight theatre school. Musical directors will still hire you, but if you just go to MT schools it can be harder to find work outside of that realm."

EvanK, I'm so glad you brought this up. If you really want to work, go to a straight theater school. You can still train your voice in their music department. A perfect example is UCSB, the only UC with a BFA in Acting (UCLA can kiss it!). It's also got a great Music de

re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar  Jan 9 2009, 01:48:45 AM
Forgot to mention that "Those Canaan Days" from Joseph also sounds a lot like Dalmation Plantation.

Do you remember the good years in Canaan...
We'll have a dalmation plantation...

Webber again, lol.

re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar  Jan 8 2009, 05:26:33 PM
I've ALWAYS realized this but I've been too afraid to call out Charles Strouse...

The opening line (notes) from "New Deal for Christmas" from Annie is EXACTLY THE SAME as the opening line from the 101 Dalmations song "Dalmation Plantation."

I KNOW THE DEPRESSION'S DEPRESSING...

WE'LL HAVE A DALMATION PLANTATION...

It's the same!

re: Lyrics That Sound Nice, but make no sense  Nov 26 2008, 02:36:52 PM
DeNada, in all productions of the show I've seen/done, ADWD is right after the prologue, and is reprised in the finale.
re: Lyrics That Sound Nice, but make no sense  Nov 26 2008, 02:30:37 PM
PRFRMR20,

That's the best analysis of that song I've ever heard. I'm in the show right now, and people make fun of it backstage by whispering, "acid trip!"

re: Lyrics That Sound Nice, but make no sense  Nov 26 2008, 02:14:58 PM
I hardly ever post on here, but I've always interpreted that wicked line as:

I ask forgiveness for the things I've done- you blame me for.

It's as if she was saying, "For the things I've done- No, the things you blame me for." It's her way of saying that she's sorry for hurting Glinda's feelings but she wouldn't change what she has done.

On another note, does anyone know what the hell Joseph is talking about in Any Dream Will Do?

I closed my eye

re: Once on this Island - Movie  Mar 6 2008, 12:05:13 AM
Haha, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I typed that, too.
re: Once on this Island - Movie  Mar 5 2008, 11:03:05 PM
On wikipedia, OOTI is listed under Kenny Ortega's credits for 2009. Then again, wikipedia is of the devil...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Ortega

Tuck Everlasting and Dorian  Feb 12 2008, 01:12:11 AM
Apparently, there is a Tuck Everlasting musical. Andrea Ross, ALW's little prodigy, starred as Winifred.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BT7a17mbuuo

Also, there was a Dorian Gray musical called Dorian. As you can see from the cast list, a few well knowns were in it!

http://www.dorianthemusical.com/main.html

Mind you, neither of these have played Broadway.

Courter  Jan 10 2008, 03:09:09 AM
Following it I have been, haha. Those were two great shows. Taylor was on for Joey with Courter and Gutman was on for Gaudio with Chris.
Courter  Jan 10 2008, 02:54:42 AM
Well mll85, I saw Courter go on for Frankie in San Diego and thought he was excellent. His voice is so clear. I was talking with Gutman after the show and I told him how I though Courter was amazing and he said something like, "Yeah, isn't he great?" I must have missed Courter but I sent him an email telling him how much I enjoyed his performance. I saw Chris go on a few days later. I really hate to say which I preferred. PM me if you want to know I guess.

I think I'd have to say

re: Sherie Rene Scott in P.S. I Love You  Dec 28 2007, 03:54:44 PM
Yeah, I practically spit out my popcorn. She pretty much rocks hardcore. "You're his wife!"
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You