News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for spell7107

spell7107 Profile Photo
Member Name: spell7107
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shameless Plug for my Glee Audition  Apr 28 2010, 10:11:48 PM
Hi guys! Here's mine! Please give me as many gold stars as you'd like! There's no limit!

http://www.myspace.com/gleeauditions?link=40091532

re: Alan Menken and Tim Rice's KING DAVID!  Aug 27 2009, 05:53:14 AM
Hey, nyc, can you help me out too? I am very curious about this show!
re: Casting Idea: Kerry Ellis as Meg Giry in LOVE NEVER DIES  Aug 9 2009, 01:38:15 AM
P, if you've got the concept, could you PM it to me too?
Moments You Love in Cast Recordings  Aug 8 2009, 02:28:19 PM
BUMP!

In the OLC Recording for Sister Act: The Musical, I love when during Fabulous, Baby! one of the girls singing with Patina says, "There she goes fantamasizin'...again!" I always laugh at that moment.

re: STAGE TUBE: 'THE FIRST WIVES CLUB' New Video Preview!  Aug 5 2009, 03:03:59 PM
Jordan, that's fair. That's very fair. Still, I think we have all seen shows that are worse than this. I personally have never been a Karen Ziemba fan, but I feel like she is trying so hard to make this material look fun that I almost like her. Most of the actors (professional and non-professional) on this board would probably agree that it's hard to look like you're having a great time when you know you're in a turkey of a show.

P, I laughed out loud at "RED-DAY for change"!

re: STAGE TUBE: 'THE FIRST WIVES CLUB' New Video Preview!  Aug 5 2009, 02:12:28 PM
Both video previews look like they are fun, if nothing else. Barbara, Sheryl, and especially Karen look like they are having a great time. Sure, it's called acting, but I don't think it's quite as bad as people on this board seem to think. I like "Ready for Change", it's Motown composers composing Motown-esque music.
re: 'Catch Me If You Can' Clips  Aug 5 2009, 03:42:01 AM
I was not at all impressed by the clips. Perhaps I was even less impressed by Jerry Mitchell's choreography (I've never been a Jerry Mitchell fan). What is with the snapping and clapping thing during "Live in Living Color"? Aaron and Norbert, especially Norbert, look and sound great though.

dramarama2, I agree that the design (scenic and costume) looks cheap. It was very bland.

re: If Evita came back to Broadway (which it probably is) who would you cas  Jul 24 2009, 05:38:13 AM
Definitely Orfeh as Eva Peron. She would knock that part out of the park!
re: If you were a Tony voter for this entire decade....  Jul 18 2009, 11:01:38 PM
2000-The Wild Party (but I do agree that AIDA was the best of the season)

2001-A Class Act

2002-Thoroughly Modern Millie

2003-Hairspray

2004-Wicked

2005-The Light in the Piazza

2006-The Color Purple

2007-Spring Awakening

2008-In the Heights

2009-next to normal

re: 'Get Out and Stay Out'  Jul 11 2009, 05:21:41 AM
"Get Out and Stay Out" is a wonderful song, but I am pretty sure that Dolly Parton, the experienced and fantastic songwriter that she is, did not have to turn to Wicked to get inspiration for the song. The evidence that has been provided by you guys is that it starts low and soft and builds up to a high, belty ending. Lots of songs follow that model. Dolly Parton has not tried to recreate "Defying Gravity". If Dolly Parton is guilty of anything, it is using a typical ballad song structure.
re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?  Jul 9 2009, 06:56:12 PM
Right now, the Revival Cast Recording of Hair and the OBC Recording of Big River! I just love both scores, however different they may be!
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?  Jul 9 2009, 06:54:21 PM
Neil Haskell! Sorry for the huge picture...but not really!
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?  Jul 9 2009, 06:33:13 PM
Tony Yazbeck!
Hilarious Comments...  Jul 9 2009, 06:17:26 PM
I was at The Color Purple during the summer of 2007, I think it was. Fantasia Barrino was playing Celie and during intermission, I overheard a conversation behind me:
Woman: This is such a great show, isn't it?
Man: Yeah! I am having a great time! That lead girl is amazing!
Woman: Yeah! (flips through Playbill) Fantazzzzia, it says.
Man: Fantazzzzia?
Woman: That's what this says! Did you know she was on American Idol!
Man: Really? Wow...I guess she didn't win if she's on

re: Hottest Broadway Stars?  Jul 3 2009, 02:14:16 AM
Paulo Szot in a sexy older man kind of way.
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?  Jul 3 2009, 01:49:23 AM
George Akram...
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?  Jul 2 2009, 09:57:19 PM
Laura Osnes!!!
re: Backwoods Barbie on 9 to 5 website  Jun 30 2009, 09:11:54 PM
Can someone PM me the demos too, please?
Thanks!!

re: in your opinion, what was the best year for Best Musical?  Jun 19 2009, 05:16:06 AM
I definitely agree with 2005! I also think that 2004 had 4 very deserving candidates, although not as tight as 2005.
re: The Last 5 Year Tonys!  Jun 19 2009, 05:02:06 AM
BEST MUSICAL
In the Heights

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Hair

BEST DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL
Michael Mayer, Spring Awakening

BEST LEADING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Norbert Leo Butz, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

BEST LEADING ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Patti LuPone, Gypsy

BEST FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
John Gallagher Jr, Spring Awakening

BEST FEATURED ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Sara Ramirez, Spamalot

BEST BOOK
The 25th Annual Putnam

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You