News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Glitter

Member Name: Glitter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rick Mckay's Broadway The Golden age movies?
 Jan 30 2018, 01:52:30 PM

well I guess that's that.  RIP Rick Mckay

Miss Saigon Previews Thread
 Mar 11 2017, 07:29:17 PM

"I cringe hearing Chris sing about saving Kim: "So I wanted to save and protect her. Christ, I am an American! How could I fail to do good?" Sure, my grandparents, aunts/uncles, and parents yearned to get to the United States during and after the Vietnam War, and while they ran into obstacles (not the same ones as Kim in Miss Saigon), they overcame tremendous obstacles to make it happen without (or in spite of) a figure like Chris."

Cats Previews
 Jul 14 2016, 11:57:44 AM

it's not just the word "chinks"  that I find appalling, it's the whole use of fake asian accents. The whole sequence is sooooo fun, but even as a kid, I winced at that.  Hope it's in but they find a way to fix it!  I loooooove Cats and am excited for the show :) 

Cats Previews
 Jul 14 2016, 01:28:47 AM

adore Cats.  Love Growltiger, but wish there was a way of doing it without being enormously racist.

Hey Kander and Ebb fans
 Nov 9 2015, 02:52:40 PM

(the first person to accuse me of shilling......is right :P)

Over the past many years, I've happily discussed, argued, traded, shared, and enjoyed all things K&E here. For the past year, I've been performing and developing a Kander and Ebb-based show in Canada, and performed it in Toronto and Montreal. The emphasis is not on Cabaret or Chicago or NY NY or any of their bigger tunes...it's all about re-discovering some hidden gems and making old songs sound new/different; I guarantee you'll never hear songs from Steel Pier the same way again, and things like I Do Miracles from Spider Woman and How Lucky Can You Get from Funny Lady get their due.

#KanderAndEbb plays Don't Tell Mama in NYC this sunday (Nov 15th, 8 PM, $10!).  It's my first show in New York, so obviously I'm excited about it, but I'd love to say hi to anyone who is able to make it. BroadwayWorld has been a super fun place to haunt and I've definitely learned a lot from you all.  Looking forward to sharing it right back!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/cabaret/article/Ryan-G-Hinds-to-Make-NYC-Cabaret-Debut-in-Kander-and-Ebb-Cabaret-at-Dont-Tell-Mama-1115-20151022

or

http://broadwayblack.com/canadian-artist-ryan-g-hinds-takes-kanderandebb/

Struggling...
 May 5 2015, 11:53:49 AM

there is absolutely 100%  no such clause in Chita's contract.  On double show days, she does two a day just like everyone else. Telecharge is mistaken.

The Visit Previews
 Mar 29 2015, 04:01:55 PM
AAO26 I just double-checked the video from Signature right now and she clearly has a cane. Maybe it changed during previews?
The Visit Previews**spoiler alert
 Mar 29 2015, 02:17:47 PM
I believe exiting without the cane is new to the production under Doyle. At Signature and at Goodman, she exited with it.
The Visit Previews
 Mar 27 2015, 02:20:16 PM
"And for my money - SPOILER - she look 100 times more beautiful at the end of the show than she does under the wig, hat, and make up for the majority of the show."

That's the entire point.

Chita's brilliance in the show is one of subtlety. In any other actor's hands, Claire would be a fire-breathing dragon lady, hellbent on revenge. Good on paper, but no room for growth or journey. It's a far, far better choice that she shows a woman who after all these years is focused

The Visit Previews
 Mar 26 2015, 02:02:14 PM
ljay889, I'll be eagerly anticipating your apres-show post! Can't get into town before the end of April, but I wish so much I could have been there tonight. Enjoy every moment!
Kiss of the Spider Woman with Audra?
 Jan 13 2015, 05:34:24 PM
I'd love to hear Daphne Rubin-Vega's take on the score
Kiss of the Spider Woman with Audra?
 Jan 13 2015, 05:06:01 PM
I'm of the opinion that the entire point of Aurora is that she's not a hot sexy A-list star.....the relationship Molina has to her and her work is the one a lot of us have towards Better and Joan in Baby Jane or Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd.
Today would have been Gwen Verdon's 90th birthday
 Jan 13 2015, 01:34:17 PM
As Lola, Roxie Hart, Charity Hope Valentine, Anna, Essie, and many others, Gwen was a luminuous talent! We're all lucky she left such a big stamp on musical theatre,
THE VISIT
 Jan 8 2015, 05:31:42 PM
I adored the Williamstown production, and have had the good fortune of seeing every production of The Visit since the beginning....and it's always kind of surprised me how what some people find beautiful and moving are dull and boring to others. At WTF the woman sitting next to me complained to her companion about the set at the end: "I was expecting more, it didn't even change or move. feh!"
THE VISIT
 Jan 8 2015, 04:52:51 PM
qolbinau and ljay889, do you foresee the other elements of the show being received positively? It's been fascinating watching people's reactions to the show over the years. I'm sincerely hoping that McNally's spare and economical book and of course the beautiful score get the same acclaim we all suspect Chita will!
'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
 Jan 8 2015, 04:44:10 PM
At last, last....the old lady pays a visit!

'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
 Jan 7 2015, 11:34:50 PM
I'm thrilled that Chita will get to go out on such a perfect note, but also thrilled that we get one more Kander & Ebb show on Broadway. I'm so in love with this score and this production, it couldn't be a more fitting end to an era.
For Toronto people on the Bway board...
 Nov 25 2014, 09:46:24 PM
Sooooo!
The Toronto BWW Award nominations have been out for a while. This is is your friendly reminder to do some voting. Vote for your favs, vote for your friends, vote for whoever has the same name as you....just vote! The theatre community has a lot to celebrate this year, and everyone's hard work deserves to be recognized.

Sidebar: yes I have a few nominations and no I'm not trolling for votes :P I truly honestly would be happy for whoever wins in each category. In "best cabar

Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
 Nov 25 2014, 09:17:44 PM
sorry for not finishing my train of thought lol it's been a long day

If The Visit goes into that theatre for a limited or "foreseably short" run, it doesn't really conflict with Cameron Mackintosh wanting to put Miss Saigon there....he/we needn't worry about The Visit occupying it for a year or longer, you know?

Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
 Nov 25 2014, 08:58:06 PM
philly Pinto, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that The Visit will become a massive runaway smash hit that runs for years.....which is fine, not everything needs to be!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You