News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rcbarron

rcbarron Profile Photo
Member Name: rcbarron
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How is 'Curtains?'
 Jan 30 2008, 10:41:17 AM
It is interesting, a lot of people see Curtains multiple times. I've seen it three times..it's just that kind of show. There is so much humor and so many one-liners...you can't catch them all the first time around
 Jan 30 2008, 08:27:39 AM
You know, I can see how you felt. Because after seeing it a couple of times (because I enjoyed it so much) if you don't go in understanding that it's a plot within a crazy plot and that it's making fun of itself and broadway (and the crazy characters that work on broadway) you might try to take it too seriously. If it's seen for what it is, a zany show within a show, and a Kander and Ebb salute to all the folks they worked with, it really becomes hilarious and uproarious...(sorry for the ious
 Jan 30 2008, 08:16:25 AM
Well, how was it? I certainly enjoyed it..very much.
re: CURTAINS! David Hyde Pierce
 Jan 29 2008, 12:02:17 AM
It's totally enjoyable..everyone is laughing and having a good time..and you can tell when we were all walking out.that folks enjoyed it.
 Jan 28 2008, 12:35:31 PM
YOU WANT ME TO MARRY YOU??!! just kidding yea, i know about the line..just got carried away with the diatribe...cool...I guess everyone is excited about Gypsy?!? But they don't seem to like the billboard!
 Jan 28 2008, 12:26:29 PM
ohhh..bust my chops here.

Jan 28 2008, 12:20:54 PM
Thanks..you know what..I missed it...because his quote is so long...i read that instead.
 Jan 28 2008, 12:17:44 PM
Anyone know how long he will be performing?
Hilarious Comments...
 Jan 28 2008, 12:10:44 PM
Ok, at a show in NY I was behind a little old man that shuffled up to the urinal. He started trying to work his zipper, shifted a little, kept trying and then finally zipped down..but then he could not find his johnny...so he kept shifting seconds turning into minutes while we all waited behind him...to that he turned around and looked at us and said, "you'll have problems finding it too, when you get as old as I am!" "But I know it's here somewhere!" We all laughed out loud!.
CURTAINS! David Hyde Pierce
 Jan 28 2008, 11:45:49 AM
Was delightfully suprised to see that David Hyde Pierce is still performing in, Curtains! I can see why he won the Tony. Does anyone know how long he's scheduled to perform with them?
re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
 May 30 2007, 10:31:51 AM
If Spring Awakening does not win best musical perhaps Curtains or Grey Gardens?

David Hyde Pierce seems like a shoe in for male lead. What do you think?

Grey Gardens Tues May 29th
 May 30 2007, 09:31:56 AM
It would be even more interesting to see her attend Spring Awakening!
What about Legally Blonde?
 May 9 2007, 02:39:44 AM
Have not seen it yet..should I get tickets?
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/6/2007
 May 9 2007, 02:37:22 AM
I saw curtains and it's great...no wonder the sales are good..but it's interesting that it's doing better than just about anything on broadway....Curtains must be growing due to word of mouth....
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/6/2007
 May 9 2007, 02:28:01 AM
Looks like "Curtains" as legs. It's apparently getting good word of mouth..people seem to like it.
re: Can people buy tickets to Beaut and the Beast's last performance on July 29
 May 4 2007, 07:02:20 AM
If you really want to see it, use a ticket broker...they are everywhere in NY. If you cant find one, let me know via mail and i'll give you a number and some idea's...for instance, there is a women that sits in the lobby of the Pierre that's been selling tickets for 30 years...she probably has some.
re: Can people buy tickets to Beaut and the Beast's last performance on July 29
 May 4 2007, 07:02:18 AM
If you really want to see it, use a ticket broker...they are everywhere in NY. If you cant find one, let me know via mail and i'll give you a number and some idea's...for instance, there is a women that sits in the lobby of the Pierre that's been selling tickets for 30 years...she probably has some.
re: Curtains, The Musical
 May 3 2007, 09:08:29 PM
Without a doubt, "It's a business" is my favorite. I was actually in tears at the shear force and talent Debra Monk exibited during that song. The evening I was there, on a Sat night, she got a huge ovation and when she tried to get the show started again the audience would not let her...it was truly amazing to see the recognition. But this is not the only time those magical moments unfolded. David accomplished the same on several occasions...The music is great, "Show People" is good to...
re: Curtains, The Musical
 May 3 2007, 05:56:23 PM
See, that's what I thought. When I walked out of the show..I was like..."i could see that again". It seemed that there were so many jokes that when others were laughing I did not catch some of them...
re: All About Us, The Visitor or Curtains
 May 3 2007, 05:54:18 PM
Who would not lust for Debra Monk after her performance in Curtains! She's amazing!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You