News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramarama2

dramarama2 Profile Photo
Member Name: dramarama2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sheridan Smith and the UK cast of LB do a fun video to So Much Better  Oct 2 2009, 09:54:50 AM
That is one awful wig.
re: Kristin Chenoweth's speaking voice  Oct 2 2009, 09:53:07 AM
Your point?
re: Taking Woodstock the Musical?  Sep 11 2009, 05:05:56 AM
It's nice to be agreed with.
re: If you were a betting person - what are the odds of Spiderman opening?  Sep 11 2009, 02:57:49 AM
I heard they're reupholstering the seats, coz Taymor wants them to fit the colour scheme. Better hope the material's good...
re: REVIEW: Bye Bye Birdie (long)  Sep 11 2009, 02:54:08 AM
Parks your avatar made me lol. Haven't seen that before
re: Taking Woodstock the Musical?  Sep 11 2009, 02:51:04 AM
It's an amazing film, but musical...don't see that working.
re: If you were a betting person - what are the odds of Spiderman opening?  Sep 11 2009, 02:49:42 AM
I think they've already put too much money into this not to open.
re: Cirque du Soleil: this is really serious!  Sep 10 2009, 12:40:01 AM
You twat. This looks like a homage to me?
re: Marie Christine  Sep 8 2009, 05:40:25 PM
Ok. I love this show. I've listened through the recording countless times, but admittedly - each time with a score in front of me. Unless the staging was absolutely captivating, I can not imagine myself surviving the show without being able to read through it as well. The chorus numbers are particularly complex. Can anyone explain the finale? Listening to it puts my mind into a spin! Such cacophony. It sounds like hell's boiled over...in a good way...
re: 10 hit musicals that have NEVER been revived on Broadway  Sep 8 2009, 05:24:47 AM
In the heights
Good shows with unusual/bad staging  Sep 2 2009, 07:46:37 AM
Ok, I love the Last 5 Years. It is a really great score and Norbet and Rene Scott were both fantastic, but looking at videos (the entire show is on the Tubes of You), the staging just seems really bizarre to me. The set, for one, reminds me somehow of Roman ruins, and seeing as how this is an intimate 2 person show, why would anyone think a complex turntable system was required when it's only used to make characters look like they're walking or to bring on ridiculous looking set pieces? (Most of
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread  Aug 18 2009, 03:10:23 AM
I don't care if they're 12 year olds, that LB one is S H I T. Could they not at least keep in time?
re: Vote The Musical?!  Aug 15 2009, 07:43:39 PM
well cool.
re: Vote The Musical?!  Aug 15 2009, 11:14:55 AM
I want Haviland back.
re: Wicked Question- Problems with it..  Aug 15 2009, 11:13:57 AM
The problem I have is the score. You have big bold operatic numbers like No One Mourns and No Good Deed, then horrific pop tunes like Dancing Through Life. Then theres numbers like Defying Gravity and As Long As You're mine that try (and mostly fail) to fuse the two genres together. And as always with Schwartz, if you can't think of a lyric, make words up or repeat them till it's painful.
As for Winnie's book. It's pretty unimaginative. The 'jokes' only fly when the actors do them right, and

re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding  Aug 15 2009, 10:53:39 AM
I don't get this thread.

Edit: Oh. Assassins. get it. lol

re: The John Waters Love Thread  Aug 15 2009, 09:22:41 AM
"I wanted black cha cha shoes!"

"Daaaawwwwwnnnn...not on christmas...not on christmas..."

re: Vote The Musical?!  Aug 15 2009, 09:09:37 AM
Please elaborate Act4ever. Can you at least give SOME positives? Any standouts among the mediocre performances? Design? (I know it's only fringe, but still) Was the material at least somewhat smart. Funny?
re: What Is The Difference?  Aug 14 2009, 11:47:55 PM
Piano/Vocal has the vocal melody in the piano part.
re: Got my ticket to see Cate Blanchett in STREETCAR!  Aug 14 2009, 11:45:43 PM
Seeing in sydney too.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You