Stephen Sondheim in Hiding

Gothampc
#1Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 12:30pm

Squeaky Fromme has just been released from prison. She's hopped a Greyhound bus and is on her way to find Stephen Sondheim to get her share of royalties. You don't mess with Squeaky!!

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#2re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 12:32pm

my question is, is she wearing diapers?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Gothampc
#2re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 12:55pm

This just in:

The Weisslers are trying to get Squeaky into the Broadway production of Chicago.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

husk_charmer
#3re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 1:00pm

I would totally go see Squeaky in Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Gothampc
#4re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 1:19pm

I don't think it's going to happen because Sara Jane Moore is making too many demands.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#5re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/14/09 at 1:23pm

Heck, let'em all out...I can't wait to see their Cell Block Tango.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#6re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 9:49am

Manson's Billy Flinn would be great!

"Give them the old Razzle Dazzle
Helter Skelter them!"

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#7re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 10:24am

I would totally go see Squeaky in Chicago.

Me too. Having Squeaky Fromme sing "He Had It Coming" would be totally in keeping with the spirit of the show.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#8re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 10:53am

I don't get this thread.

Edit: Oh. Assassins. get it. lol

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.
Updated On: 8/15/09 at 10:53 AM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#9re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:39pm

The real life Squeaky has been released from prison.

BwayBoundJoe
#10re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 3:15pm

Any pictures of her being released? Wonder how well she aged.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

BwayBoundJoe
#11re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 3:15pm

Damn...double post. Sorry.

Updated On: 8/15/09 at 03:15 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#12re: Stephen Sondheim in Hiding
Posted: 8/15/09 at 7:37pm

I think if she was going to after someone, it should be WEIDMAN, since his contribution of the adaptation of Fromme was greater than Sondheim's.

[Sondheim gets too much credit].

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Videos