News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ryan2

Ryan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Ryan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: sorry guys no gypsy cast recording with patti lupone
 Jul 27 2007, 03:26:14 PM
A London production is 100% on the cards.

My no means is it "in coming" but plans are being made. As most people know it takes more than a whiff of a magic wand to transfer a production - expect more concrete materical and PR to be released towards the end of the year/beginning of next. It could all dewindle away, but from source from the producers and many houses showing keen interest, I would be very confident we will see this production of Gypsy in London next year.

I hope

Desperately Seeking Susan
 Jul 9 2007, 02:31:03 PM
Desperately Seeking Susan opens in London on October 12th!

www.seeking-susan.co.uk

Looks very NYC !!

Workshop was great last year...looks to be a real stunner imo.

Was supposed to go to The Gielgud but now Drowsy is closing early - they will go to the slightly larger Novello.

Desperately Seeking Susan
 Jul 9 2007, 02:31:03 PM
Desperately Seeking Susan opens in London on October 12th!

www.seeking-susan.co.uk

Looks very NYC !!

Workshop was great last year...looks to be a real stunner imo.

Was supposed to go to The Gielgud but now Drowsy is closing early - they will go to the slightly larger Novello.

re: Which show will be the big hit this season - MERMAID or FRANKENSTEIN.
 Jul 1 2007, 11:50:13 AM
I have to say neither really appeal greatly to me!

YF does because of the cast, but i would never pay those prices.

SITPWG is fantastic, you guys are in for a treat. G+D if that comes over is also excellant.

I hope something else comes in for the Autumn season ... Witches or something..otherwise nothing greatly is appealing to me!

re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
 Jun 24 2007, 10:46:45 AM
Hairspray will not be moving. With the film coming out it is sure to improve sales and fill the Neil Simon. Plus it fits so well in that theatre and its not exactly a move to downsize or anything.

I really think we could see Witches of Eastwick come in. Or, a limited season of a show filling time before something like Guys and Dolls, 9 to 5 etc moves in. Be Great if Follies was that limited season.

re: So I am planning a trip to NYC this August...
 Jun 23 2007, 01:56:59 PM
shame you cannot see COMPANY - its brill.

re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jun 23 2007, 01:53:43 PM
whatever is more widely appealing and suitable for the Box Office comes into play too
re: Witches Of Eastwick Fly On Broadway?
 Jun 23 2007, 01:50:19 PM
again...taken 4 years.

MFL is a hit anywhere tho!

With a new show, you never know. Chitty hit in London, not in NYC. There a loads of examples for NYC shows not working so well in London and visa-versa.

Jun 23 2007, 01:33:20 PM
I would if I could. When I saw it in London originally I said the only place it would ever really take off is in America.

I'm not saying it will, but I think there is hope for it coming to Broadway yet...although, Cam Mac is supposedly bringing MFL over soon.

Racial Issues and BWW Posters
 Jun 23 2007, 01:31:52 PM
All Black Follies I'm sorry to be wouldn't be right.

The story is about these grand ladies who were ex-stars of big shows...around probably the 30s/40s maybe 50s ... therefor it wouldnt be fitting given the social/historical context.

You cant re-write history and past affairs, and you have to stay true to the script and how, in certain shows, historical background from when they are set.

Jun 23 2007, 01:27:24 PM
Well that was 6 years ago....
 Jun 23 2007, 01:13:43 PM
could happen. I would say.

If Cameron Mackintosh really had washed his hands he would just give up the rights fully and let another produce tackle it if he thought it would be come to Broadway.

Not saying it is, but I think it is certainly possible.

re: closing?
 Jun 23 2007, 12:54:59 PM
Drowsy may still have lift in it to survive until the end of the year/early 2008.

Think it needs to get a draw in at the Box Office.

Jun 23 2007, 12:51:30 PM
Bernadette Peters would be great casting.
re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jun 23 2007, 12:50:23 PM
Roles should be cast as suited for the role written. simple.

Little things like no hair can obv. be tackled by hair/makeup/costume - but things like weight, color, extreme and noticable features cannot be overcome and sometimes people just arent suited to the role no matter how well they could perform it.

re: 'BILLY ELLIOT' to open at the Imperial Theater next summer??
 Jun 23 2007, 12:44:39 PM
Yes it will be going there next Summer.

Witches Of Eastwick Fly On Broadway?
 Jun 23 2007, 12:43:44 PM
The week extension has been pulled and a Broadway Theatre has suddenly has become available...possibly as it needs time to come to New York?

Be great for it come to Broadway....would they re-cast any roles to draw in a bigger box office I wonder?

re: They Should Revive.....
 Jun 23 2007, 12:40:12 PM
Hello, Dolly
Mame
Bye, Bye Birdie
A Little Night Music
West Side Story
Dreamgirls
My Fair Lady

All those above are long due a return to Broadway.

re: closing?
 Jun 23 2007, 06:16:58 AM
Hairspray is doing fine - and with the film it will see thru to 2008 I am certain. ACL - ain't going no where - Re-Couped, not expensive to run and is doing well with a London and Tour planned so that will be around for a while I will safely bet.

Spamalot - I don't know, seems to be dropping....2008 could see it go.

Grey Gardens I think towards the end of the year may close.

Rent I dont think will close - Its cheap to run!

I always think Chicago may go, but it

re: next up for the RICHARD ROGERS?
 Jun 23 2007, 06:10:45 AM
If Follies transfer - I will be on the next plane to NYC!

Keeping everything crossed...Follies limited season followed by Guys and Dolls or Porgy & Bess would be great.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You