News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThatMezzoGirl

Member Name: ThatMezzoGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Highest Note Required in a Musical?  Sep 13 2016, 12:31:19 PM

If the question were - "highest note on a cast album" I would say the E6 Lindsay Mendez sings in Bless the Lord in the Godspell revival.  But actually in the revival score the highest note written is a high A so it's not required per the score, technically.

Yes The last note in Privilege to Pee is a C6.  And the "high" notes in A new Argentina are G5s, only considered high because it's a belted note, and G5s are a BITCH to belt, lol.

On the town vs American in paris  Apr 20 2015, 12:23:29 PM

I guess it depends on whether you think you will be back in time to see AAIP. I haven't been able to get in to see AAIP yet, but I think that OTT is worth seeing while it's here. I agree that the book is weak, the jokes fall flat (although there were a lot of people laughing so maybe it's just me?), and it is old fashioned and outdated, but there are a few moments in the show that make it worth seeing. 1) the opening number New York NY 2) lonely town 3) the dance between Megan Fairchild and T

$20 off your first today tix purchase  Apr 19 2015, 12:55:39 PM

$20 off for you, $20 off for me. :) PLEASE HELP ME SEE FUN HOME THANK YOU!!

SKTVT

Finding Neverland Stage Door/Backstage Experinces  Apr 19 2015, 08:58:05 AM

I went to the audience talkback in previews.. but I'm not sure what information you are looking for regarding your paper or if I could help you at all.. A lot of the cast couldn't come out because they were changing the opening the next morning and had early rehearsals.. It was mostly the kids telling their stories of how they became involved in the show, and Laura Michelle Kelly and Carolee Carmelo answered some questions.. Kelsey Grammer came out just to say a quick hi, but Matthew wasn't a

Go see Hand to God  Apr 19 2015, 08:43:51 AM

"I don't think its difficult to describe. It's a new dark American comedy about a church puppet group, and one of the of puppets may or may not be possessed by the devil. It's funny and shocking, but I don't think it's difficult. An Ionesco play is difficult, "Hand to God" is Gothic-Pop Horror at it's best. "

You had me at "church puppet possessed by the devil". Was on the fence, but think I shall see this. 

Blurbs  Apr 18 2015, 01:19:16 AM

A guy and a girl sing some songs together. Nothing happens. The guy buys the girl a piano. the end.

A woman is impregnated by bats. her son is raised by bats until he is taken in and educated. Her daughter sleeps with her bat son. 

A woman makes sandwiches for her children on the floor as they get ready for school. her dead son convinces her to kill herself. Her daughter does some drugs and goes to a school dance.

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Mar 27 2015, 05:24:05 PM
Oh yeah I'm sure there are multiple winners for on the town - I've won twice and only really entered a few times. My god I would kill to win the Hamilton lottery though lol. Wish that had multiple winners.
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Mar 11 2015, 08:56:51 AM
My code is the most amazing code in this thread! Just had my hours at work cut help this poor girl continue seeing shows! Would be eternally grateful!!!

recently saw on the town for free with a code after lottery with awesome orchestra seats. love this app!

SKTVT

this is an awful season  Feb 8 2015, 12:19:05 PM
yah this thread is not about how good/bad this season is.. it's about troll feeding. Why are people actually responding LOL

TodayTix Lotteries  Jan 10 2015, 09:15:13 AM
LOL someone got lost.. spamming the wrong message board I think ^^
Wicked Movie?!  Jan 9 2015, 05:27:00 AM
they are just writing the script now? how on earth can the producer throw a 2016 release date out there lol. crazy talk
CATS coming back to Broadway?  Jan 5 2015, 11:58:40 AM
whhhhhyyyyy

waste of a theater

Song from musical you are obsessed with  Jan 4 2015, 07:48:55 PM
at this moment..
I will never leave you - Sideshow
Who will love me as I am - Sideshow
Ok all Sideshow right now..
also Cabaret - Cabaret
Always Starting Over - If/then
Stay with me - Into the woods
No One is Alone - Into the woods

Which Spring 2015 Broadway show are you most looking forward to?  Jan 3 2015, 07:35:39 AM
An American in Paris, On the Twentieth Century, The King and I, Finding Neverland.
Just let it go  Jan 3 2015, 07:27:46 AM
"I wish Idina hit the note. I wish she hit every note every night just PERFECTLY, but she doesn't. It's reality, folks! Whomp whomp. But for every singer known or hardly known that we could list that would have sang it "better" (i.e. maybe possibly hypothetically could have hit the note under the same circumstances?), I become more and more grateful that Menzel is the one who sings this song, even if sometimes she swings and doesn't quite hit the home run. You can list your Stephanie J. Blocks,
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Dec 29 2014, 08:53:50 AM

Side Show Questions  Dec 29 2014, 12:55:42 AM
hey I just saw this today in row k. I though the view was good. Didn't seem too far from the stage. I have sat in the first row mezz before and it didn't seem like that drastic of a difference.. Also, there are many open seats so there is the ability to move if needed. (Although that may change in the last few nights?)

TodayTix December discount  Dec 28 2014, 09:28:34 AM
$20 off code SKTVT! I get $20 too if ya use it.

Which Closing Show to see ? Rock of Ages or Motown ?  Dec 15 2014, 12:01:40 PM
I thought ROA was a very memorable theatrical experience. I went to see it reluctantly on a night I couldn't see the show I wanted to see, and was surprised how much I loved it. It's now one of my favorites, and the cast album gets a whole lot of play in my iTunes. If you have ever had fun singing along with an 80s cover band (and it sounds like you may have,) you will love the show.

Motown.. haven't been able to bring myself to see that.. Feels like a chore for some reason..

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread  Dec 8 2014, 08:45:46 AM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You