News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tom148502

Tom148502 Profile Photo
Member Name: Tom148502
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Marion Herson Voorhees R.I.P.
 Nov 2 2011, 04:10:10 PM
It maybe of some interest that former Broadway dancer and actress
Marion Herson Murphy Voorhees
died at the age of 102 on October 26, 2011 in Delray Beach Florida.
She was probably the last surviving cast member of such shows as FINE
AND DANDY, BABES IN ARMS and other musicals and plays of the last half
of the 1920s throough 1939.

In addition to the shows mentioned above, Marion appeared in A La
Carte, Lady Do, Rain or Shine, The Greenwich Village Follies, Strike

re: SHIRLEY BOOTH
 Apr 30 2008, 01:55:55 PM
I only saw Shirley Booth on stage in A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN, BY THE BEAUTIFUL SEA, THE DESK SET and LOOK TO THE LILIES.She was, of course, wonderful and was never referred to as a diva any more than Merman, Martin and Verdon were.
re: Tap dancing numbers...
 Apr 30 2008, 09:21:48 AM
Tap Your Troubles Away from MACK AND MABEL
re: I am going to play Tom of Warwick in Camelot
 Apr 30 2008, 09:19:16 AM
Someone had to play Tom.
re: An Open Letter to the Producers of Xanadu Regarding Student Rush
 Apr 30 2008, 09:18:16 AM
Midnight Radio: Suggestion. Produce your own Broadway show and then you can do whatever you want with the tickets. Until then, get a life. There is life beyond Xanadu
re: Before XANADU opened....
 Apr 29 2008, 09:05:10 PM
Thread don't have points, but needles do
re: Your Most Prized Playbills
 Apr 29 2008, 08:32:52 PM
OBC of Coco signed by Katharine Hepburn
OBC of Flora the Red Menace signed by Liza Minnelli
Opening night Playbills for the OBCs of ME AND JULIET, PIPE DREAM, THE GAY LIFE and DO I HEAR A WALTZ?

re: 'Follies in Concert' Comments
 Apr 29 2008, 05:02:00 PM
Yes, I looked at the YouTube line, Joey.

In thinking back about the Follies in Concert. Barbara Cook was about the only performer that I didn't like. Don't get me wrong, I love Barbara Cook, always have, but, since NO ONE could ever top Dorothy Collins as Sally, Cook just didn't measure up to Collins. Nevertheless, it was one of the most exciting evening in a theatre that I've spent....well worth pushing the re-dial button on my phone for over 3 hours on the day that tickets went on sa

Apr 29 2008, 12:27:43 PM
Pal Joey's mention of original Follies production reminds me that night after I saw the OBC, I went to a nightclub on the East Side called Mary Mary. It was operated by Mary McCarty and she met people at the door. The entertainment that nigth was, among other things, Yvonne DeCarlo who, of course, sang "I'm Still Here." If I remember correctly, Dorothy Collins' husband, Ron Holgate, also did a number. Perhaps because I had mentioned to Mary McCarty when she greeted us that she had been one of th
 Apr 27 2008, 10:42:13 PM
BigFatBlonde said about Follies in Concert, "My wish is that they had issued the concert recording dialogue and all."

I was there and there was very little dialogue. VERY little.

re: A Chorus Line... Still Relevant?
 Apr 26 2008, 12:58:07 PM
A CHORUS LINE is irrelevant like The Bible, gone with the Wind and My Fair Lady. All should be banned.
re: Nathan Lane Song?
 Apr 24 2008, 04:51:13 PM
Everyone?
 Apr 24 2008, 03:32:57 PM
Don't disillusion yourself. Most of the world never heard of WICKED, let alone any of the songs from it.
 Apr 24 2008, 10:13:48 AM
He's only famous for being Nathan Lane and he plays Nathan at every opportunity. Sort of a male Patti LuPone

re: Which CD Gets Released First?
 Apr 24 2008, 08:49:42 AM
The Capeman
re: Cry-Baby's Facebook Night!
 Apr 22 2008, 10:52:25 PM
Business is that bad, huh? To quote Cole Porter's CAN-CAN, "Never Give Anything Away....That You Can Sell."
re: Lea Salonga sings Cinderella preview (PressCon)
 Apr 22 2008, 09:57:47 PM
Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote "There's Music in You" for the motion picture MAIN STREET TO BROADWAY (1953). Mary Martin sang the song in the film.
re: A CATERED AFFAIR Verdict
 Apr 22 2008, 01:13:06 PM
jrb, i don't know what you do there :)
re: Question about the ending of gypsy
 Apr 22 2008, 12:31:21 PM
The new ending was put in solely so that LuPone could be on stage alone at the end. Strictly a power play.
re: A CATERED AFFAIR Verdict
 Apr 22 2008, 09:28:28 AM
I did the search and most of the postings deal with people's opinion of the critics' reviews and not with their own opinions of the show if they actually saw it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You