News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for christhefish

christhefish Profile Photo
Member Name: christhefish
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ROOM will open this spring
 Jan 6 2023, 03:05:36 PM

The Canadian productions were led by Alexis Gordon and she was beyond stunning.  Here are some promo videos  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5xd9hLOes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXXFamyQw4

Specific proposal for transitioning New York theatre to worldwide audiences
 Oct 15 2020, 06:50:20 PM

Oh sweetheart, Eli Wallach is dead. 

Tiny moments that have stuck with you
 Oct 6 2020, 08:18:47 PM

In Fun Home - Sydney Lucas' face when she wakes up to see her father sneaking out of the apartment during their visit to New York.  

Hal Prince has died
 Aug 1 2019, 12:02:48 AM

I was at the Shaw Festival production of Brigadoon tonight in Niagara-On-the-Lake and a cast member gave a very classy and heartfelt speech prior to the start of the show about Mr. Price and his legacy both to the theatre as a whole and to the cast of the show we were about to see. When I read the news this afternoon I was glad I had show tickets for tonight. Being able to celebrate his legacy at a show (any show) tonight was the proper way to honor him, at least for me.

Favorite Hamilton songs?
 Oct 1 2015, 07:52:25 AM

Towards the end of That Would Be Enough there is a quick beep noise.  Is this intended, a flaw on the recording or an issue with my iTunes download that is only affecting me and making me crazy?

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
 Sep 30 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Towards the end of That Would Be Enough there is a quick beep noise.  Is this intended, a flaw on the recording or an issue with my iTunes download that is only affecting me and making me crazy?

GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 24 2015, 01:07:49 AM
I was actually at tonight's performance. I went in with now expectations and little prior experience with Gigi and was rather happy. The first act was very good, the second less so but that may be more the material than the production. Hudgens is fine, not remarkable but certainly she has talent and is clearly having fun. Cott was in great voice and was a standout for me. Then there is Ms. Clark, I have seen he'd many times and while this wasn't my favorite performance of hers I am always in awe
What are the chances of THE VISIT transferring?
 Aug 1 2014, 09:25:13 AM
Chita is doing good work. I hate to day it but she gets overshadowed a bit at times. You see how much Doyle's direction has shaped the production. The decision to have the "ghosts" of their younger selfs on stage for the entire show is effective but sometimes they seem to have little to do other than sit there. Overall I think it is a fine piece of work.
What are the chances of THE VISIT transferring?
 Aug 1 2014, 12:54:39 AM
I was at tonight's performance and while I can say there are some wonderful things to note about the production, the only hope it has for life in New York is in some sort of noncommercial production. The score in particular is beautiful (I hope it does get a recording) and Roger Rees and Judy Khun among others are doing amazing work, but it's material is a hard sell. And it's a small, intimate production that would get lost amongst the more flashy commercial whatnot.
If you could pick one 2014 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
 Apr 28 2014, 10:39:16 PM
Celia Keenan-Bolger - The Glass Menagerie
Audra to sing the blues on Broadway...?
 Feb 25 2014, 04:04:09 PM
Does anyone know the play well enough to know how many songs it includes? Any chance it will lead to a recording as End of the Rainbow did?
Dream cast your favorite performers!
 Jan 2 2014, 11:13:01 PM
Bernadette Peters as Bea Asher in Ballroom
Did Anyone See
 Nov 13 2013, 07:52:37 AM
All I want for Christmas this year if for PS Classics to record this.
FIRST DATE to Close on Broadway January 5, 2014
 Nov 6 2013, 06:52:59 PM
Not surprising, but it had a fair run. I appreciate it's effort and am thankful that at least one new musical this season will not be based on a movie. Good luck to all involved.
The Landing to be recoreded....and probably never released
 Oct 11 2013, 02:38:58 PM
I was so excited to see the Playbill article this morning reporting the recording, then I realized it was Jay Records and went back to bed. I will freely admit I know nothing about the business of making a cast recording, but why does it take Jay Records years to do what Ghostlight and PS Classics do in months?
Bernadette Peters is STILL trying to sell her condo during concerts...
 Sep 29 2013, 04:46:28 PM
I was at last night's concert as well. While I found Ms. Peters to be delightful and in fine voice, I found the banter to be somewhat odd. She also indicated to the audience that she was preforming Fever for the first time, which according to your report of her prior setlist Bettyboy, simply wasn't true. Regardless, she remains an extraordinary entertainer, and I am thankful to have had the experience.
Marry Me a Little is on itunes!
 Sep 23 2013, 11:26:14 PM
Rainbows is rather beautiful, in a sad way.
Best Musical/Musical Revival Performers (and their hair!)...
 May 30 2013, 04:01:55 PM
I have often wondered about the Wicked performance. Idina Menzel went from red carpet to full green make up and back again in the span of what about two hours. Was there a shower involved? Backstage sponge bath? These are the things that keep me awake at night.
New Broadway Cast Recordings
 May 28 2013, 09:35:50 PM
I am rather certain that The Last Five Years will not be available June 4th. It was recorded hardly over a week ago. It takes more than two weeks to turn out an album. I would say sometime in July would be wishful thinking.

MURDER BALLAD to Return
 Apr 9 2013, 09:46:52 PM
Maybe this will provoke Yellow Sound Label to get the Original Cast Recording out finally.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You