News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for auggie

auggie Profile Photo
Member Name: auggie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bobby Lopez Joins The
 Oct 28 2011, 10:11:50 AM
Also a big fan of SP and the 1st time I watched it was OK but then I watched it a 2nd time on line and got it. I wonder how many of the Broadway refrences were picked up by the frat crew that normaly makes up their viewing audience?

I am glad Randy Marsh got the lead as he is the best character on the show: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e14-creme-fraiche

Bobby Lopez Joins The
 Oct 27 2011, 02:54:39 PM
Now get on your knees and put that heart to work!
South Park- Broadway Bro Down
 Oct 27 2011, 02:50:59 PM
Sorry How can I delete?
South Park- Broadway Bro Down
 Oct 27 2011, 02:44:53 PM
I checked and did not see anything on this so I thought I would throw it out: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e11-broadway-bro-down
morale in Broadway company
 Jul 5 2011, 03:29:07 PM
Just like a baseball player at the end of a long season on a bad team a Broadway performer still needs to show up and give it their best regardless because they are a professional. If not there is always someone waiting in the wings that will be more then happy to take their place and pay the bills. Also you don't want to ever not give it your all because when auditioning for future gigs you don't want to get a bad rep as someone who takes performances off or is a bad attitude in a cast.
THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
 Mar 31 2011, 09:03:41 AM
^^^^^^
I will say this much about Parker and Stone, they are equal opportunity offenders. On SP everything is fair game including the most sacred cow in entertainment, Scientology. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104274/what-scientologist-actually-believe

Maybe their next show will expand on this episode???? What is the closest theater to the Scientology Center just off Times Square? Maybe they open Xenu the Musical there :)

I Now Hate GLEE
 Mar 18 2011, 01:57:32 PM
"GLEE should never be mentioned in the same sentence as MSCL, perhaps the most realistic portrayal of life as a teenager ever recorded. At only 19 episodes, it was, is and will forever be - perfect."

I nominate Freaks & Geeks as the most realistic portrayal of teens in a specific time period. Killer cast and well written show.

As for Glee I gave up when I heard that Murphy gave in to some songwriters giving him a hard time about using all these old songs; they were looking for

Broadway's Sexiest Woman Alive
 Nov 16 2010, 11:20:02 AM
There is something about Rebecca Jones that gets me going, especially in Passing Strange.

FOR COLORED GIRLS review thread
 Nov 5 2010, 10:31:36 AM
Cleveland Plain Dealer is mixed:http://www.cleveland.com/moviebuff/index.ssf/2010/11/tyler_perrys_for_colored_girls.html

This quote did catch my eye though:
Equally hard to stomach is Jackson, reaching ever so hard for supporting- actress nods, in a teary-eyed assessment of her husband's extracurricular activities. Save the tape and use it in your next how-not-to-act-in-a-movie lesson.

Naked GIRLS Singing
 Sep 13 2010, 10:50:00 AM
Straight male here that likes theater that can lend some insight to the subject.

There already is a kind of a naked girls singing, its called modern Burlesque. The girls don't technically sing when they are doing the strip act but in a burlesque show they are doing it in a much more theatrical way with some really fun themes and acts as opposed to skanky way the strip occurs in a modern strip bar. Also I dig the various fantasies that many of the burlesque girls play out vs the trailer trash vibe of the girls at the "Platinum" club. Yes that don't get full on nude but some times what is left to the mind is sexier that seeing it staring you in the face.

http://www.thenewyorkburlesquefestival.com/

Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 3 2010, 10:29:54 AM
This makes me cringe for a different reason. Has there ever been a more racist tune on braodway?:

Peter Pan
Ugg-a-Wugg>

Both:
We'll be coming willy nilly lilly
beat on a drum (boom boom boom boom) and I will come (boom boom boom boom
Peter Pan:
And I will come and save the brave noble redskin

Avenue Q Character Dead @ 42
 May 28 2010, 03:37:01 PM
Wow, Schadenfreude could really be akward tonight.

GARY COLEMAN:
The world needs people like you and me who've been knocked around by fate.
'Cause when people see us, they don't want to be us, and that makes them feel great.

NICKY:
Sure!
We provide a vital service to society!

GARY AND NICKY:
You and me!
Schadenfreude!
Making the world a better place...
To

MILLION DOLLAR QAURTET to Tour 2011; Opens in Cleveland
 May 20 2010, 10:54:50 AM
Middle America husband w/ wife who likes musical theater:

Wife: "The Broadway Series subscription line up just came out; want to see a show with a punk score and a bunch of slackers?"

Husband: "No"

Wife: "Want to see a show about a great African Performer?"

Husband: "No"

Wife: "Want to see a show about the birth of Rock & Roll?"

Husband: "Sounds interesting, will I know any of the songs?"

Wife: "No"

Husband:

Is GLEE still in its first season?
 May 18 2010, 09:49:42 AM
Here is a different perspective on this show; My teen and tweens love Glee and they don't watch it on traditional TV at a particular time on a particular day because they are too busy. They like watching it on hulu with facebook up while IMing friends who are also downloading the big song from that episode from itunes. The camp factor zooms right over their heads and the plot line is secondary to some the chracters and what songs they sing. Among this set the breakout character is the dumb b
AMERICAN IDIOT Reviews
 May 10 2010, 11:39:27 AM
Saw the Wed 5/5 show and here are a couple thoughts:

- Did get a serious Hair vibe from the entire experience. Very limited book with a lot of great tunes that had me wanting to get the OBCR coming out of the theater but wasn't thinking much about the story.

- Liked the cast except for Faber, when she had solos I thought it sounded like Kate Monster singing in a punk style.

- Set and lighting were great. Really liked the "Holiday" number and the use of TVs. Caught

Cleveland PlayhouseSquare Broadway Series 2010-2011
 Apr 7 2010, 10:05:06 AM
The Playhouse Sq. complex is liked by big tours because they have plenty of back stage space for shows with larger casts and big scenes to work out logistics before they hit smaller houses. Only down size is the State and Palace are large barns with tons of seating, double letter rows are very common. One cool thing they are doing though is offering some generous discounts on subcriptions to fill these seats up and introduce new folks to musical theater.

Surprised ROA is not in the

re: Coming to New York in 2 weeks - What shows do you suggest?
 Dec 9 2009, 09:48:09 AM
Depends what you are looking for. If you want to see some great professional acting talent at the top of their game then I would go see Next to Normal. If you want a fun enthusiastic evening of theater I would see Hair.
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Jun 25 2009, 05:09:43 PM
I have not had time to look at the entire thread but is there a list of shows that no HS should try to tackle? AndAllThatJazz22
got me thinking of what a HS should never try to perform for various reasons I agree w/ Cabaret and would add Gypsy. I saw a HS do a highly edited version of Gypsy and it stunk. They did the Burlesque scenes off stage with the audience basically staring at an empty set during those times. Also the poor girl playing Mama Rose had a voice but couldn't belt if her

re: Can someone help with the timing of a trip? Sept or Nov?
 Jun 23 2009, 03:55:42 PM
Weather wise September in NY is great but you will not see any hockey. Depending on the week you come you can run into some crazy crowds and traffic paterns because of the UN's opening schedule during that month. The start of November is a little better if looking for hockey but as you get closer to Thanksgiving you start to run into the Holiday crowds and hassles, weather starts to go a little south too.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Jun 15 2009, 11:18:28 AM
Here is a good Q & A with Ms. Ripley focusing on her Northeast Ohio roots from the fine stage critic of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Tony Brown: http://www.cleveland.com/onstage/index.ssf/2009/06/talented_ms_alice_ripley_newly.html

A little bonus video is included from Side Show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You