News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TVBoy

TVBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: TVBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306
Blog Address:
Profile: http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gay Night on CBS  Jun 13 2007, 03:23:51 AM
"Oh, please! Thankful that he mentioned the Tonys even though he made a joke to his straight American audience about gay people? Letterman is a supporter of Broadway? And you work for TV, boy? How clueless can you be? Letterman is a supporter of whatever they tell him he's a supporter of. You think he books the talent for his show? He's just the freakin' host. Wake the **** up."

This screams credibility...

re: Spring Awakenings - Am I Missing Something?  Jun 13 2007, 12:04:21 AM
"It's what's called a "snob hit": a play that's not necessarily good but people seem to think they're *supposed* to like because, well, after all, everybody else does."

What a completely thoughtless comment to make and assume.

I knew nothing about the alleged hype surrounding the show before I saw it. I read a synopsis of all the shows and "Spring Awakening" was one of the shows I chose to see. I enjoyed it and guess what? I came to that conclusion on my own.

Angela Lansbury out?  Jun 12 2007, 11:44:50 PM
Does anyone know if Angela Lansbury is going to be out of "Deuce" this Sunday? There's a performing arts center in Kentucky that is billing her as a recipient at a local awards ceremony that night. I question if that's correct or not.

re: Gay Night on CBS  Jun 12 2007, 04:11:29 PM
I agree with the person who said we should be thankful he at least mentioned the Tony Awards. David Letterman is a supporter of Broadway, often times showcasing musical numbers on his show. (You don't get that on Leno or Kimmel.) What he said was tougue-in-cheek and should be taken that way. Afterall, even Letterman admits he's the only show on Broadway with no talent!

re: Gay Night on CBS  Jun 12 2007, 12:56:15 AM
ha... I saw that on the show, but the clip is certainly worth repeating.
re: Why are we such puritans?  Jun 12 2007, 12:09:51 AM
"Put it on NBC than."

That's silly. NBC, or ABC even, wouldn't allow it either. They all abide by the same standards and FCC guidelines.

re: Why are we such puritans?  Jun 11 2007, 11:29:38 PM
Um, no. Have you ever worked at a television station and answered the phones when something -- a word or action -- mistakenly makes air? They are regular viewers (some with the all important Nielsen diary) who are truly offended. Usually they are parents, but that's not always the case.

You have to also consider that the network only hears about half of the complaints made. The affiliates take the beating. Affiliates are instructed to give out an 800-number to the CBS Broadcast C

re: tony ratings from Variety  Jun 11 2007, 10:54:20 PM
Honestly? They probably didn't want to do it. I work for CBS and for the past several years I've been given several comp tickets to the Tony Awards. They are excellent seats down front, but many at CBS pass on them because they don't want to go. I even have a hard time talking my friends into going with me. Trying to get a celebrity to sit through a three hour award show, that hardly anyone watches, is even tougher.
Gay Night on CBS  Jun 11 2007, 10:07:44 PM
Since so many of you are talking about stereotypes, what do you think of what David Letterman said about the Tonys?

Letterman: You know Sunday night, right here on CBS, is the night Broadway honors its best at the Tony Awards -- or as I call it, Gay Night on CBS.

re: Why are we such puritans?  Jun 11 2007, 09:32:25 PM
The performance was fine. Aside from the FCC, can you imagine the public outcry from viewers if CBS actually allowed those words to be aired? I'm all about free speech, but why piss off what little audience the Tony Awards has? Just be happy CBS even aired the show.
re: tony ratings from Variety  Jun 11 2007, 07:44:52 PM
Billy, CBS News covered the awards as they were announced, as did most other news organizations. It would have been silly for CBS not to post the winners, while Drudge, the AP, and the Tony Awards site itself, all were.
re: tony ratings from Variety  Jun 11 2007, 06:13:01 PM
We are both wrong... I was going off what the original poster said. I work for CBS and just asked about the ratings. I'm told the official rating is 4.2 with 6.3 million viewers. (The rating and actual number of households viewing is different.)

re: tony ratings from Variety  Jun 11 2007, 05:56:14 PM
You can't really blame the producers. The Tony Awards has a very limited audience. There's not much that can be done to change that.

A 1.2 rating is embarrassing. To put it in perspective, the "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric," the lowest rated newscast on teleivsion, averages a 5.6 nightly rating.

re: Who was that young boy on TONYS?  Jun 11 2007, 05:52:24 PM
With the ratings "Ugly Betty" gets on a weekly basis, I seriously doubt Mark's appearance is what confused the television audience. I can hear Middle America now, "Who the hell are these people singing and dancing?"
re: Hairspray may need better marketing  Apr 27 2007, 08:11:01 PM
Wanna Be A Foster... I'm curious about your post. I love the Broadway version of "Hairspray" and am very excited about the film. I've shown the trailer to several of my friends, all of whom enjoy different genres of movies, and most reply with, "Oh, okay." What in this trailer thrills you?

As to it appealing to all demographics, I disagree. No movie does that. What's in this for the "Snakes on a Plane" crowd?

Please don't think I'm being critical, I'm just interested in yo

re: EMERGENCY: How does one cite a theater performance in a research paper  Apr 27 2007, 07:50:47 PM
a great resource...

www.citationmachine.net

re: Hairspray may need better marketing  Apr 27 2007, 07:48:50 PM
I was very disappointed in the trailer I saw online. You gotta spend money to make money. Hopefully they'll invest more and jazz up the trailer some. May sweeps started Thursday (4/26)and runs until May 23rd. Now is the time to saturate the airwaves with Hairspray awesomeness.
re: Broadway Actors/Actresses Salaries  Apr 27 2007, 07:40:38 PM
dmsnyc... You haven't made a mistake, other than letting someone who starts a sentence with "firstly" attempt to set you straight.

What you asked is a legitimate question. Unionized businesses, ones that set salary minimums, are public record. Keep in mind one actor might make more than another, but never less than the minimum set by the union. I work in television, but most Broadway actors I've interviewed are very happy to supply the information. Mainly because it's public record.

re: Rosie Confirms to BroadwayWorld, She's Going to 'The View'  May 1 2006, 10:29:43 AM
Hey alterego... there is always a trial period. She'll be starting in September, but the real measure of her worth will come during the all important November ratings, which this year run from Nov. 2-29. (I'm sure it's during this time period they will showcase Rosie.) It will take Rosie a while to adjust to the show's format and learn how to "fit in." It will also take the audience some time to warm up to her. Afterall, this isn't the Rosie O'Donnell Show anymore. She's part of a team and
re: Rosie Confirms to BroadwayWorld, She's Going to 'The View'  Apr 29 2006, 07:52:31 PM
I heard this yesterday at ABC, but now that it's confirmed, there are a few items in Rosie's contract with ABC and Barwal Productions you might find interesting. 1) She can't cut her hair (short) without permission from management. 2) She doesn't get to sit in Meredith's chair. Rosie is apparently a little too big to sit on the end. The set will be reconstructed so that Rosie will sit in the middle.

Also, I hope there are more Broadway segments on "The View" in the future. They al

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You