News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CYAPollyanna

CYAPollyanna Profile Photo
Member Name: CYAPollyanna
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2022 Tony Awards Predictions  Apr 21 2022, 11:10:54 AM

I thought Elder gave the best performance of them all when I saw the show. Doyle was trying hard. To each their own."

Took the words right out of my mouth. Elder is inspired and Doyle, while totally serviceable in the role, has really showy staging that tricks the audience into thinking it’s an amazing performance. 

MR. SATURDAY NIGHT Previews  Apr 21 2022, 10:59:22 AM

That’s embarrassing. 

New Tony Predictions?  Jan 27 2015, 02:34:06 AM
Phillypinto, just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Fish in the Dark Discounts  Jan 16 2015, 04:01:41 PM
Anyone know of any discount codes for previews? Also, is the box office open yet for this now that TIOY is done?
Foxwoods back to the Lyric; Kong out, On the Town in...  Mar 6 2014, 05:59:50 PM
It seems like they are really trying give that whole theatre a makeover. Starting with the name change.

Going back to that classic musical theatre piece seems like a marketing strategy. Plus, you know, 42nd street (a similar show to OTT) ran there for four years so, it's not totally hopeless?

Really interested to see how this pans out.

Palace and Marquis.....  Dec 4 2013, 05:28:49 PM
Many of the lead roles are involved in the On the Town dance lab. It is for Bergasse to further develope choreography but the majority of the cast is taking part in it.
Broadway Spring line up by theatre:  Nov 19 2013, 10:55:44 PM
Has it been confirmed that All the way is taking the Simon? Also, the Bodyguard is not coming in this season.
Tovah Feldshuh Leaving PIPPIN?  Nov 16 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Not "The Real Thing". That's coming in the Fall. This will be a musical filling the AA til fall.
Tovah Feldshuh Leaving PIPPIN?  Nov 16 2013, 05:17:22 PM
Sutton is coming in this season in a RTC production at the AA theatre.
Marin Mazzie to Star in Woody Allen's BULLETS OVER BROADWAY?  Nov 11 2013, 11:29:50 PM
Maddie Corman is playing Eden in this lab.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Nov 9 2013, 04:13:33 PM
Who can really say how it will all shake out at this point? Right now, there are 12 new musicals with 2 other possible transfers making it one of the most ridiculously competitive seasons in a long time.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Nov 6 2013, 10:03:33 PM
Right, but Cabaret is a remount of the same revival and Hedwig has never been on Broadway. Will those count for the TONY's?
Any early Tony Predictions?  Nov 6 2013, 09:54:11 PM
There seem to be a ton of new musicals coming in this season but very few revivals. What would be in the revival category? Les Miz and? Does Cabaret even count?
GENTLEMEN'S GUIDE TO LOVE & MURDER -- Previews  Oct 27 2013, 02:37:51 PM
I saw it yesterday and thought it was mildly enjoyable.

The first act was pretty clunky and boring. I couldn't for the life of me understand the choice to have Monty climb to the top of the set only to sit there and sing. It was so bizarre and pointless and he looked supremely uncomfortable.

I liked the performances throughout. Mays is very impressive tho, with all the lead up to how difficult his role is, I have to say I was left thinking..."Is that it"? I'm not saying what

Honeymoon in Vegas not able to find a theatre?!  Oct 22 2013, 04:27:11 PM
Put this in the Palace! It would be great there. How could that My Fair Lady even come in with Bart Sher busy with Bridges?
OF MICE AND MEN Bwy Mar '14?  Oct 22 2013, 04:17:52 PM
Doesn't it seem likely this will take the Cort? With No Man's land/Godot closing in early March and this show projected previews starting in late March?
Breaking: LES MISERABLES Announces First Wave of 2014 Broadway Cast - Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James & Caissie Levy  Oct 22 2013, 03:58:35 PM
I heard Cosette is a newcomer who is the child of a well known musical theatre lyricist and director.
AMERICAN IDIOT Reviews  Apr 21 2010, 12:37:11 PM
Time Out NY is very positive.

David Coty gives it 4 out of 5 stars.

AMERICAN IDIOT Moves To Broadway; Opens at St. James Theatre April 20, 2010  Jan 5 2010, 04:02:14 PM
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! When can we buy tickets?

re: The 2009-2010 Broadway real estate thread  Dec 8 2009, 05:12:50 PM
Does anyone know what's going into the Broadhurst now that hamlet is closed?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You