Fish in the Dark Discounts

CYAPollyanna Profile Photo
CYAPollyanna
#1Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 4:01pm

Anyone know of any discount codes for previews? Also, is the box office open yet for this now that TIOY is done?

neonlightsxo
#2Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 4:04pm

This should answer your questions, re: discounts.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/13/larry-davids-the-new-big-fish-in-the-broadway-pond/

ArtMan
#2Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 4:30pm

Double post Updated On: 1/16/15 at 04:30 PM

ArtMan
#3Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 4:30pm

I don't know. I read that. I went on Telecharge for some dates for my next visit and there were quite a bit of unsold seats especially in mezz and balcony. I am hoping for a general rush or standing. That is the only way I'd pay to see it.

Updated On: 1/16/15 at 04:30 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 4:56pm

See if they have restricted seats for sale.

Poster Emeritus

mattyp4
#5Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:03pm

There was a discount for rows D-F of the mezzanine (oddly specific & limited) but they've since pulled it. They were for $105 tickets (normally $137-155).

This show is selling very, very well. I resorted to premium tickets b/c I wanted to see it so bad. (Something I never do!) And I was looking for weekend mezzanine/balcony tickets for my brother (who's on more of a budget) & as of a couple days ago there was barely anything left.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#6Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:13pm

The box office is open, I went a few days ago.

And it really is selling well, I was going for a random Thursday in late April and all that was available was scattered orchestra and mezzanine and then mid balcony.

mattyp4
#7Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:15pm

Oh yeah-- and the box office has been open for a while now. (I went last week.)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:17pm

No way paying this especially for a live Curb episode.

Poster Emeritus

ArtMan
#9Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:18pm

Mattyp4, Look at first week in June. Wednesday night, when I looked, a lot of unsold seats in balcony and mezz.

ArtMan
#10Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:18pm

Why am I getting these ********* double posts? Updated On: 1/16/15 at 05:18 PM

mattyp4
#11Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:20pm

My brother is from Philly so he'd need a weekend, unfortunately.

The other day I was helping him sort through what little was left in the mezz & balcony (pretty much all scattered singles). But he didn't settle on anything.

I'm afraid all those tickets are gone now!

ArtMan
#12Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:37pm

Mattyp4, I just looked at the last Saturday night performance in June(before it closes) and there are seats in the balcony: singles, doubles and some triples. They are on the end but they are available for $49 or $65.

Updated On: 1/16/15 at 05:37 PM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#13Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/16/15 at 5:39pm

"No way paying this especially for a live Curb episode."

I love SEINFELD. I love CURB. I don't want to see this for the exact reason you mention. I go to the theater for experiences like FUN HOME and THE VISIT.

Now, we could be wrong Mr Roxy. But you took the words right out of my mouth.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#14Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/18/15 at 12:12am

With most shows I'd wait and see what word of mouth is. I mean if you can still snag a standing room ticket to Hugh Jackman without waiting in line all day, I can't imagine it will be that hard to get a ticket to his for a random Wednesday matinee or something.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#15Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/18/15 at 1:00am

"No way paying this especially for a live Curb episode."

You wouldn't pay full price for anything, though, so no reason to quantify it further.

What evidence is there that this is like Curb, though? They haven't said much of what it is yet, although we know from his recent media rounds that he got the idea at a friend's father's funeral.

"I can't imagine it will be that hard to get a ticket to his for a random Wednesday matinee or something."

You don't think a lot of Larry's fan base prefer matinees?!? OK... that seems off to me, though. Updated On: 1/18/15 at 01:00 AM

FloydJoe2 Profile Photo
FloydJoe2
#16Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/18/15 at 1:36am

The Cort also doesn't have any standing room.

ArtMan
#17Fish in the Dark Discounts
Posted: 1/18/15 at 6:37am

Didn't the Cort sell standing room for Denzel's Fences?