News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for outdamnwench

Member Name: outdamnwench
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Priscilla commercial
 Feb 22 2011, 01:38:15 PM
Of course they aren't ashamed of gay people or culture. Why would any producer invest millions of dollars in something they didn't believe in fully? There are much less risky ways to see a return on investment.

New Priscilla commercial
 Feb 22 2011, 12:45:15 AM
'Shame on them.'

They're just trying to sell the show to their primary customers: straight, white tourists.

Yeah, it says something sucky about the political climate in the US, but you can't blame the producers for that.

The Official Priscilla: Queen of the Desert Love Thread
 Jan 20 2011, 04:11:56 PM
"Why where they fired?"

Some of the swings were canadians brought in once the show started rehearsals in Toronto. Its not worth it to do an Equity swap for a swing.

Annie Leibovitz Photographs Spider-Man
 Nov 16 2010, 02:01:24 PM
"When you say you want this shoe to "do well", what do you mean? Financially? Because that's impossible. Critically? I also think at this point that's a bit impossible as well."

Wow! you've already seen the show and can definitively say it's terrible? Thanks so much for the insight.

Jesus people, see the damn show before you call it crap.

Question about les liaisons dangereuses
 Nov 9 2010, 05:19:07 PM
The Stratford production this summer was stunning. Probably the best show I've ever seen at the festival. Perfect cast, perfect design, in the perfect theatre.

At the end, after the line: "I hope the next decade is more exciting", the upstage doors swung open and the servants wheeled out a massive guillotine which sliced down, plunging the stage into blackout.

Pictures from the production: http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/watch/gallery/galleryplayer.aspx?id=10696&albumid=747

Should the government step in and shut down Spiderman?
 Oct 30 2010, 09:55:06 PM
All actors who are at risk of danger sign an extraordinary risk rider. They are all well aware of the risks they are taking, especially on a show of this budget and scale.

Kelli washing her hair - what about her mic??
 Aug 19 2010, 01:30:17 AM
Mic packs are usually put into unlubricated condoms to prevent them from being damaged from performer's sweat, I'm sure they do something similar.

Shows that would NEVER happen that you'd love to see
 Jul 19 2010, 04:32:04 AM
Whitney Houston as Mama Rose.
Where have you been backstage??
 Jul 1 2010, 08:31:50 PM
Most of the older broadway houses don't have much wing space at all. They were built during the vaudeville era when painted drops were pretty much the only scenery used.
The Addams Family Soundtrack Not on iTunes!
 Jun 9 2010, 09:53:52 PM
"No it's not! I just checked it's not on iTunes. And for Facebook I've been in conversations about it not being posted yet!"

Yeah dude, the soundtrack is totally up! It sounds awesome.

Define 'projections'
 Mar 15 2010, 11:10:29 PM
Look for shadows behind the performers and set pieces.

Also, projections tend to be brighter than video walls.

re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
 Jan 26 2010, 02:34:52 AM
"I'm thinking that one of the wicked tours will be closed or they will use one of the extra sets (they have two sets for every production on tour to set up in advance) to create another sit down. I'm guessing somewhere in Texas/Florida area, or up in the midwest. Hmm."

The "jump set" the use to tour isn't the full set. They have doubles of large elements like the dragon and the deck which can be setup early to cut down on load-in times.

re: STAGE TUBE: BONNIE & CLYDE at La Jolla Playhouse Video Montage
 Nov 24 2009, 09:02:47 PM
Love the set design! Laura sounds great too.
re: Actors/Artists You Wish Did More Theater?
 Nov 23 2009, 01:37:46 AM
Jennifer Laura Thompson, I can definitely see her as Nellie Forbush.

re: iTunes & IPod
 Nov 9 2009, 10:54:17 PM
Handbrake.

Not sure about PC, but the Mac version works like a dream.

re: Little Mermaid 2010 National Tour: Casting Ideas anyone?
 Oct 10 2009, 01:44:29 AM
Autumn Hurlbert as Ariel?
re: The Wicked Stage?
 Oct 9 2009, 11:02:18 PM
"I'm pretty sure the Broadway production is the only with the raked stage. They opened with the raked stage but after they found out all the things it does to the actor's they decided it wasn't neccessary and so none of the other productions have a rake."

The effects of a rake on the body are well known throughout the industry. I'm sure they've got it there due to the fact that the Gershwin is a beast of a theatre and requires a few adjustments for sightlines.

re: 9 to 5 marquis for sale on ebay
 Sep 20 2009, 12:58:37 AM
And it's Marquee, not Marquis.

re: Britney Spears at The Little Mermaid
 Aug 27 2009, 02:55:49 AM
"correct me if I'm wrong.. wasn't there a rumor that she was gonna be the lead in a show on broadway at one point.. the lead in a revival perhaps..? This thread made me think of it.. I remember being disgusted by it.. as was everyone else.. anyone remember???"

There have been a few rumors thrown around about Britney wanting to be in shows. I remember one about her taking over as Ilse in Spring Awakening in the West End.

re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
 Aug 23 2009, 03:39:08 AM
"I just find it odd that the "Associate SCENIC Designer" would be responsible to overlook the SM's calling of the show. Being a stage manager myself, I would think that the PSM would handle the situation rather than someone who was just involved with the scenic aspects of the show... sounds fishy to me"

Yeah, sounds a little fishy.

In theory, the Associate Scenic Designer could be there to supervise scenic transitions, but that has little to do with the calling of the show

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You