News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kyleorlando

kyleorlando Profile Photo
Member Name: kyleorlando
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

When people get the song title wrong
 Apr 27 2011, 07:27:59 AM
Michel Reidel gets a song title wrong in his column today. Of all people, shouldn't he know better?
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Aug 4 2009, 09:13:49 PM
I love seeing her perform, I really do! Be it on a cabaret or theatrical production, but Betty Buckley makes my teeth ache!
Need some help here!
 Aug 4 2009, 08:45:25 PM
Normally, I wouldn't search for music here ,but I'm desperate now!

If anyone can hook me up with the sheet music to Screw Loose from Cry-Baby, I'd be eternally grateful!

re: The Art of Scenery Chewing
 Aug 4 2009, 08:02:55 PM
Totally intentional, but wonderful, Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman are masters at modern scene chewery!
re: The Art of Scenery Chewing
 Aug 3 2009, 05:35:09 PM
Actually, the phrase "chew the scenery" refers to overacting. It's not usually meant as a compliment.
re: Leader of the Pack to Be Released on Cd!
 Jul 27 2009, 03:08:30 PM
"Sorry to be ignorant, and I figured others might be wondering, but what exactly is this about? Is it a jukebox musical? Or what's the story?"

It's a very thin bio-musical on Ellie Greenwich who, with Jeff Barry, wrote music for the girl groups of the 60's. It focuses on her start at the Brill Building, meeting Jeff, a courtship of sorts, marriage, divorce and then nervous breakdown.

re: The gay connection to theater?
 Jun 27 2009, 03:11:37 AM
"gay men and women are less likely to have children. therefore, they might have more disposable income and are able to afford to go to the theater more frequently"

Well, this is true, but not a whole reason.

In many most popular musicals, gay men and lately women can identify with a character in the show.

What gay man hasn't wished for his own Auntie Mame?

What lesbian mother can't idenity with Mamma Mia?

Hollywood as a business has to appeal with

re: Rapunzel in Into the Woods
 Jun 27 2009, 02:29:31 AM
"I'm guessing you're bringing up her constant crying in the second Act"

Exactly! What suggestions do you have for a manic deppresive comic relief character? I bring up MTM because of the way the charater was portrtayed in the original Broadway production. The actress just exuded MTM in her scenes with the witch.

Rapunzel in Into the Woods
 Jun 27 2009, 01:57:41 AM
I'm looking some some feedback here. A colleague's daughter has been cast as Repunzel in an amateur production of Into the Woods.

We're doing the dramaturgy, which in this production is overkill, but would help her get a lead role in the future at this theatre.

What experience do you have seeing the Repunzel character in "Into the Woods" that doesn't come across as Mary Tyler Moore after one of her famously bad parties?

re: Down With Love?!?
 Jun 26 2009, 11:18:08 PM
I know, right? We've already cast Stephanie J. Block as the editor!
Down With Love?!?
 Jun 26 2009, 10:28:48 PM
OK. I know this has probably been discussed here a million times. But still...

Why isn't "Down With Love" a Broadway musical?!?

We (meaning my friends) watched it on DVD tonight and played our drinking game "Insert Song Here".

This movie (and drinking game) has resulted in a bunch of drunk theatre queens passed out in my apartment!

re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
 Jun 12 2009, 11:15:05 PM
Whatever happened to Paul Gyngell? He played Tommy Ross in Carrie.
re: Whorehouse Goes Public had pre-recorded applause?
 Jun 12 2009, 11:03:45 AM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Call Me number of broadway have the girls in plexiglass cubes while the guys were pantsless on top of the cubes? I'm desperately trying to recall that image, but it is so elusive.
re: Have a Question for Veanne Cox?
 Jun 11 2009, 11:11:43 AM
I'd like to hear more about her Broadway debut in "Smile".
re: Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen, Lin Manuel Miranda talk gay marriage at THE TONY AWARDS
 Jun 10 2009, 06:00:30 PM
I spent a lot of the Tony show wondering what the heck was up with the white ribbons. How did I not know about this? I'm thinking I hang around with far too many straight people.
re: Missing Xanadu - Recommendations for Wednesday matinees?
 Jun 10 2009, 05:30:00 PM
Well crud. Now I'm missing Xanadu, too!
re: Should Lincoln Center Engage in Age Discrimination Toward Its Audience?
 May 29 2009, 03:40:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they intended it to read:

"(40 and under must show ID)"

instead of

"40 and under (must show ID)"

as they will be serving alchoholic beverages gratis.

re: Neil Patrick Harris to Host Tony Awards
 May 14 2009, 01:06:47 PM
By the way, has a nominee or someone with strong ties to a nominated show ever hosted?

Glenn Close was a co-host during the Sunset Blvd. year.

re: Could [title of show] really win it?
 May 6 2009, 11:59:37 AM
AH! Thank you!
re: Could [title of show] really win it?
 May 6 2009, 11:24:01 AM
When is the HBO live presentation going to air? Did anyone get tickets to the taping?

I know I'm setting myself up for someone's snarky reply, but what is it that HBO is airing?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You