News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tinkerbell30

Member Name: tinkerbell30
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jul 7 2007, 11:16:40 PM
Just a note to add to this discussion I have been peforming for 34 years in theate or something close to it anyway and I have found on one hand theater has always been discriminitory against most people when it comes to getting a part. I am 4'8" tall 80lbs and have never gotten the lead role because the male lead always towers over me so it doesn't matter how good I may be I will always get stuck in the chorus and sometimes I don't even fit there but no offense intended. I have always enjoyed my
re: do matinees have less energy?
 Jul 7 2007, 10:40:15 PM
As a theater performer for the last 30 years I can tell you it can go either way. Sometimes you can be tired from the show the night before and not completely awake for the matinee and you have warm ups every day or evening to wake up your voice but if you have 2 shows in one day you have to try to conserve a little so both audiences get the same quality performance especially if you are ill. Also, I have found in my experience that if the crowd is minimal and doesn't seem into it that brings yo
re: Remember Me - Sheet Music?
 Jul 1 2007, 08:40:03 PM
there is a great store in New York that I go to all the time for sheet music when I am there called I think Old Colony Music or somthing to that effect. They have all kinds of sheet music. You might want to try there. I could be wrong but I think it is in the area of 54th street. Sheetmusicplus.com is also another good source I have used where you can find lots of things. Give them a shot and good luck
re: Stepping Out
 Jun 30 2007, 06:03:07 PM
To all those who may live in the area and even those who do not. The Derby Playhouse in England will be producing the Stepping Out Musical this October. They have a website about thier theater. I was there recently to see the Sondheim show Merrily We Roll Along and it was wonderful. It is a great theater located in the Eagle Center that does wonderful productions and everyone who has not been that gets the chance should go. They are doing Moon Landing first then Stepping Out followed by Treasure
jesus christ Superstar
 Jun 12 2007, 05:53:08 PM
To all those who have answered my post about the show and Glenn Carter. My God, what the hell is wrong with you all? You have a right to your opinion but accusing me of things I have not said, telling me you can't understand me when I thought I had made myself perfectly clear though apparently I did not and even swearing at me and all because I like someone you dont. Everyone has a righ to thier opinion and I respect yours. There is no need to start eating those ass burgers Lizzy Curry talked ab
re: Jesus Christ Superstar
 Jun 12 2007, 06:57:28 AM
you have a right to your opinion but this was the first show I ever saw him in. It is a difficult role to play and I thought he was Super. He brought a human quality to Jesus not shown in other productions and he has a wonderful voice besides being a great actor on stage. If you are not a fan please don't respond. I am looking for people who actually like him. I'm not trying to be rude but I am not looking for Judas betraying Jesus again.lol.
Jesus Christ Superstar
 Jun 12 2007, 06:37:20 AM
Hey everyone. I am new here but already like this site when it comes to news about the theater world. I watched the Tony's myself and enjoyed it. I am posting though because I am curious to know if anyone knows of or remembers an actor named Glenn Carter from England who is best known for his appearance in the 2000 PBS production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He also did the role in New York as well as England between 2000 and 2002 approximately. I just recently returned from a trip to England whe
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You